NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I’m praying to the fantasy gods that he gets the Texans and Jags in the fantasy playoffs and none of those games go in week 18. Hard to turn down a late round QB that gets to play four games against those two units.

IDK Wentz is bad enough to blow it against the Jags

Probably not the Texans though

Not to mention he will be on the bench by then having killed the Colts season long before knowing him playing 75% of snaps means they lit their first on fire (otherwise it’s only a 2nd)

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If it's a 'bidding war' between the Bears and Colts, then we know which is the more stupid team and where he's headed.  Hell, the Bears are probably bidding against themselves and no one else right no

Touche.   Cam had a few good seasons but it was his running threat that allowed him to be able to pass for those stats. When his rushing started to give out he didn’t have the arm to prolong

There's no one credible actually backing up this rumor, so I'm taking it with a large grain of salt.  My favorite thing about the rumor is just how much both Bears and Eagles fans absolutely hate

44 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

IDK Wentz is bad enough to blow it against the Jags

Probably not the Texans though

Not to mention he will be on the bench by then having killed the Colts season long before knowing him playing 75% of snaps means they lit their first on fire (otherwise it’s only a 2nd)

Jags gave up the second most points last season, I know a lot of that was offensive woes creating short fields and wearing out their defense but I can’t imagine that large of a jump on one year. 

I can’t see a team giving up on Wentz just to save a pick, football teams and front offices want to win. Even if it’s to their future detriment.  Wentz will have to bomb pretty badly for Eason to replace him full time.

48 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Jags gave up the second most points last season, I know a lot of that was offensive woes creating short fields and wearing out their defense but I can’t imagine that large of a jump on one year. 

I can’t see a team giving up on Wentz just to save a pick, football teams and front offices want to win. Even if it’s to their future detriment.  Wentz will have to bomb pretty badly for Eason to replace him full time.

Though, the Colts do have incentive to bench Wentz if it can prevent the pick they will give up going from a 2 to a 1.

Ultimately, I think Wentz will be good enough to not get benched. But if he is as horrible with the Colts as he was with Philly last year, all bets are off. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, colorado2013 said:

Though, the Colts do have incentive to bench Wentz if it can prevent the pick they will give up going from a 2 to a 1.

Ultimately, I think Wentz will be good enough to not get benched. But if he is as horrible with the Colts as he was with Philly last year, all bets are off. 

This might be his last chance to prove that he is a starting NFL QB.

If he flops in Indy theres no way he gets another shot anywhere else.