NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Carson Wentz 2021 Outlook

2 hours ago, hoppychokes said:

I’m praying to the fantasy gods that he gets the Texans and Jags in the fantasy playoffs and none of those games go in week 18. Hard to turn down a late round QB that gets to play four games against those two units.

IDK Wentz is bad enough to blow it against the Jags

Probably not the Texans though

Not to mention he will be on the bench by then having killed the Colts season long before knowing him playing 75% of snaps means they lit their first on fire (otherwise it’s only a 2nd)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

IDK Wentz is bad enough to blow it against the Jags

Probably not the Texans though

Not to mention he will be on the bench by then having killed the Colts season long before knowing him playing 75% of snaps means they lit their first on fire (otherwise it’s only a 2nd)

Jags gave up the second most points last season, I know a lot of that was offensive woes creating short fields and wearing out their defense but I can’t imagine that large of a jump on one year. 

I can’t see a team giving up on Wentz just to save a pick, football teams and front offices want to win. Even if it’s to their future detriment.  Wentz will have to bomb pretty badly for Eason to replace him full time.

48 minutes ago, hoppychokes said:

Jags gave up the second most points last season, I know a lot of that was offensive woes creating short fields and wearing out their defense but I can’t imagine that large of a jump on one year. 

I can’t see a team giving up on Wentz just to save a pick, football teams and front offices want to win. Even if it’s to their future detriment.  Wentz will have to bomb pretty badly for Eason to replace him full time.

Though, the Colts do have incentive to bench Wentz if it can prevent the pick they will give up going from a 2 to a 1.

Ultimately, I think Wentz will be good enough to not get benched. But if he is as horrible with the Colts as he was with Philly last year, all bets are off. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/3/2021 at 4:14 PM, colorado2013 said:

Though, the Colts do have incentive to bench Wentz if it can prevent the pick they will give up going from a 2 to a 1.

Ultimately, I think Wentz will be good enough to not get benched. But if he is as horrible with the Colts as he was with Philly last year, all bets are off. 

This might be his last chance to prove that he is a starting NFL QB.

If he flops in Indy theres no way he gets another shot anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

I am big on Wentz this year. I blame last year’s ridiculous performance on many factors and his confidence was shot by week 4. 

Change of scenery with a former coach, better line, better weapons, and a chip on his shoulder are too good. I can see him finishing top 5. Why not take a chance at his adp, he has the highest potential for picks u can get at his adp. 

8 hours ago, CViewPride35 said:

I am big on Wentz this year. I blame last year’s ridiculous performance on many factors and his confidence was shot by week 4. 

Change of scenery with a former coach, better line, better weapons, and a chip on his shoulder are too good. I can see him finishing top 5. Why not take a chance at his adp, he has the highest potential for picks u can get at his adp. 

I'm very interested in Wentz as if he can get it together he has enormous room to be great but I also feel the risk that he simply has the yips is strong too. If I get him I'll be making sure that I have a backup in any qb hoarding leagues 

On 7/4/2021 at 9:50 AM, LacesOut said:

"I'm very interested ... but I also feel the risk that he simply has the yips is strong too. If I get him I'll be making sure that I have a backup in any qb hoarding leagues." 

Oh man, the hoarding of QBs, I've tried to get my league-mates to not do that, but am definitely in the minority. First I tried to gain support for a no 2-active QBs rule. Then, in an attempt to bridge the two, allow QB weekly rentals, compensation, another player or strictly draft capital. Be it an attempt to strengthen the wire for us all or instead reward hoarding, nothing mattered. PROOF BEYOND ANY DOUBT, hoarding is a strategy! No, not to maximize production at the position. They do it to weaken viable options for others. 

There's probably been a thousand debates in here whether to draft a QB early & there's no better reason than to not fall prey to these shmucks! lol You, you hoarders out there, you know who you are! Come out of your trash-filled closet and own up! Do you know what's really fuq'd about you? You'll bag up your trash just like the next guy... but you never take it to the fuq'n dump!!!???? WTF kind of $h!+ is that, huh? geezus... lol I'm out

On 7/5/2021 at 12:57 PM, markrc99 said:

Oh man, the hoarding of QBs, I've tried to get my league-mates to not do that, but am definitely in the minority. First I tried to gain support for a no 2-active QBs rule. Then, in an attempt to bridge the two, allow QB weekly rentals, compensation, another player or strictly draft capital. Be it an attempt to strengthen the wire for us all or instead reward hoarding, nothing mattered. PROOF BEYOND ANY DOUBT, hoarding is a strategy! No, not to maximize production at the position. They do it to weaken viable options for others. 

There's probably been a thousand debates in here whether to draft a QB early & there's no better reason than to not fall prey to these shmucks! lol You, you hoarders out there, you know who you are! Come out of your trash-filled closet and own up! Do you know what's really fuq'd about you? You'll bag up your trash just like the next guy... but you never take it to the fuq'n dump!!!???? WTF kind of $h!+ is that, huh? geezus... lol I'm out

Virtue signalling vs those fantasy managers intelligent to draft a solid back up? Those managers in your league are your opponents, not your mates.

23 minutes ago, Ricky Bobby said:

"Virtue signalling vs those fantasy managers intelligent to draft a solid back up? Those managers in your league are your opponents, not your mates."

The rant part was just a poke, but I apologize. It's just that it can be frustrating when the only option is to hoard yourself or be subject to it.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, markrc99 said:

The rant part was just a poke, but I apologize. It's just that it can be frustrating when the only option is to hoard yourself or be subject to it.  

Yeah for sure, I understand where you're coming from. I didn't mean to sound too snarky there either.

1 hour ago, Ricky Bobby said:

"Yeah for sure, I understand where you're coming from. I didn't mean to sound too snarky there either."

You're good brother, as for Wentz, I think pairing him with one of younger QBs late, like Burrow, is what I might try.... which is completely different than, oh, never mind! lol

Edited by markrc99

• 3 weeks later...

Could just be something minor, but worth noting...

Colts QB Carson Wentz suffered a foot injury Thursday that will keep him out indefinitely. 

Wentz is undergoing further testing on his foot, which he injured at the end of Thursday's practice. Second-year QB Jacob Eason took over with the first team offense Friday, with Sam Ellinger working as his backup. The Athletic's Zak Keefer reported that Wentz felt a "twinge" in his foot, but the severity of the injury is still unknown. It's possible the Colts look to add a veteran quarterback in the coming days.

Jul 30, 2021, 12:51 PM ET

2 hours ago, USWAY said:

Colts are in for a rude awakening if they intended to do anything other than bring Carson in as a caretaker and run the offense through Jonathan Taylor/ Q Nelson.

It’s 2021 my dude, hard to ride your running game to a championship with a mediocre QB these days. 

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Foles?

Back to Phillip?

Trade for Briskett?

Minshew?

Kaep?

Tebow?

Unitas?

Andrew Caveman Luck coming to rescue the Colts is the obvious answer here. 

Also don’t forget Peyton and his forehead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Foles?

Back to Phillip?

Trade for Briskett?

Minshew?

Kaep?

Tebow?

Unitas?

Mariota?

Jimmy G?

Dalton?

Honestly, they probably stick with Wentz for now, but I don't think it's going to work. Aside from being hurt, Wentz is bad. 

Eason, that sound you hear is opportunity knocking. 

• Like 1