NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ozzie Albies 2021 Outlook

I'm a little confused about how to value Albies. He's entering his age 24 season, has averaged 25HR  15SB  100runs  80rbi  .270 AVG a season, and hopefully sandwiched in between Acuna and Freeman/Ozuna. However, he only has a career 108 wRC+     career .453xSLG    .333XWOBA.....all very "bleh" numbers.

He seems good at everything, great at nothing. What do you guys think? He is what he is or is there another level? 

2 hours ago, Ecofolux said:

I'm a little confused about how to value Albies. He's entering his age 24 season, has averaged 25HR  15SB  100runs  80rbi  .270 AVG a season, and hopefully sandwiched in between Acuna and Freeman/Ozuna. However, he only has a career 108 wRC+     career .453xSLG    .333XWOBA.....all very "bleh" numbers.

He seems good at everything, great at nothing. What do you guys think? He is what he is or is there another level? 

I'm very high on him and think he has not peaked yet power wise, last year in the shortened season he required a trip to the DL (Il now) for a wrist injury which forced him to bat left handed even vs LHP despite this he was on a 30 HR 15 SB pace and in the playoffs his production would have been a 25-25 pace.

Even better after returning from the wrist injury he hit .338 with 5 HR 13 RBI 17 Runs 3 SB in 18 games. The wrist is very important to swinging a bat and hitting a baseball. In the playoffs he hit .277 2 HR 4 RBI 8 Runs 2 SB.

• Like 1

As great as Albies has been, I think he has just barely scratched the surface of what he can be. A bona fide superstar for the next 12 years or so, 310 avg, 30 hr, 20 sb, 100 r and 80-85 rbi is not a reach for him at all.

• Like 1

I’d really like to know where ATL plans on having him in the batting order. Early last season he was in the 2 hole and later in the year he was hitting 5th. Feel like he’s more valuable in the 2 spot than at 5. Thoughts?

• 1 month later...
On 2/8/2021 at 6:06 AM, nittanychris said:

As great as Albies has been, I think he has just barely scratched the surface of what he can be. A bona fide superstar for the next 12 years or so, 310 avg, 30 hr, 20 sb, 100 r and 80-85 rbi is not a reach for him at all.

Has he fired his agent yet?

On 2/8/2021 at 12:57 PM, Fbaseballgod said:

Much better in roto than HTH because he’s borderline unstartable when facing righties in shallow leagues 

Not a coincidence that he hasn't faced a lefty all season!

3 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Boringly average. Very overrated.

He should stick to hitting lefty, he sucks as a righty.

If a 40 double, 25 HR, 15 SB player that had 189 hits in his age 22 season is boring then baseball will surely die.

He's also a career .346/.377/.575 vs LHP as RHB over 441 PAs. But I assume you're whining over his .222/.250/.259 showing over *28 PAs* last season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

If a 40 double, 25 HR, 15 SB player that had 189 hits in his age 22 season is boring then baseball will surely die.

He's also a career .346/.377/.575 vs LHP as RHB over 441 PAs. But I assume you're whining over his .222/.250/.259 showing over *28 PAs* last season.

No obviously not whining about last season. I got it mixed up, he's great as a righty but kinda sucks as lefty.

He just doesn't run all that much and his power isn't special. I think he gets overdrafted each year. Though he does benefit from a great lineup behind him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...