NBC Sports Edge Forums

Now that the Super Bowl is over and we fully look to next year....

We have nothing to look forward to since there is no combine.....draft is in April...rookie drafts are 7 months away....what am I going to do???

spacer.png

Edited by GottaGetTheWin
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Now that the Super Bowl is over and we fully look to next year....

We have nothing to look forward to since there is no combine.....draft is in April...rookie drafts are 7 months away....what am I going to do???

spacer.png

New league year starts in about a month. Free agency should be fun this year. You can always stay active in those dynasty and keeper leagues too.

17 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Now between st patties, its cold and boring, Im ready for baseball, looking out the window and seeing green trees and feeling warm weather with the windows open

HAHA as you say that it's 17 where I am.  Pitchers and catchers in 7 days though! 

1 minute ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

HAHA as you say that it's 17 where I am.  Pitchers and catchers in 7 days though! 

Understand man, its cold and nothing on, i may have to brush up on my wheel of fortune skills, and brew a porter mid feb for st patties

4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Understand man, its cold and nothing on, i may have to brush up on my wheel of fortune skills, and brew a porter mid feb for st patties

Watching Wheel is more frustrating than watching NFL coaches. *Happy Birt_day* "I don't know Pat, I think I'm going to have to spin". I don't know where they find these idiots, but I swear they must screen for only people with IQs lower than their age. 

• Haha 1

My family did audition for family feud, in front of 4000 people in one room, i blacked out and had tunnel vision, they asked me to name a bird that could not fly, in panic and tunnel vision, i yelled bald eagle to 4000 people, and my (great?, she was a generation older) cousin yelled, “WITH A BROKEN WING”, my family was mortified, needless to say, we did not make it to television

On 2/8/2021 at 7:55 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

My family did audition for family feud, in front of 4000 people in one room, i blacked out and had tunnel vision, they asked me to name a bird that could not fly, in panic and tunnel vision, i yelled bald eagle to 4000 people, and my (great?, she was a generation older) cousin yelled, “WITH A BROKEN WING”, my family was mortified, needless to say, we did not make it to television

Penguin

On 2/8/2021 at 7:55 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

At least you weren’t the “ name something that follows the word pork“ guy.

• Haha 2
On 2/9/2021 at 2:55 AM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Sounds to me like you have a fun fact right there ;)

(In fact, I happen to know quite a few fun facts about you but most of those you probably can't repeat on American TV)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah so it's not just me eh? Did I miss some announcement?

I guess February 10th was decided as "rebranding day" in some meeting after the NBC buy out...seems like a dumb call to me but what do I know?  As long as the content is the same I'll still keep coming.

Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

I guess February 10th was decided as "rebranding day" in some meeting after the NBC buy out...seems like a dumb call to me but what do I know?  As long as the content is the same I'll still keep coming.

My biggest gripe is NBC Sports Edge... really? That's the best a billion dollar company could come up with. Sounds like something Homer Simpson would have picked. 

"That's why I need a name that's cutting-edge, like cutco, edgecom, or interslice."

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

My biggest gripe is NBC Sports Edge... really? That's the best a billion dollar company could come up with. Sounds like something Homer Simpson would have picked. 

"That's why I need a name that's cutting-edge, like cutco, edgecom, or interslice."

A rose by any other name can still speculate on a questionable tag.

Edited by JE7HorseGod
  • Like 2

I guess “Rotoworld” was deemed too racially insensitive - Rotoheads, my apologies for all those years of offending you.

11 hours ago, ajs723 said:

From what I'm reading(thanks Wikipedia) it sounds like they want to focus more on sports betting content.  I'm assuming that why they went with the "edge" term.  Curious to see if the blurbs start transition from fantasy advice to betting advice over time. 

Instead of "Player xx is listed as questionable making him more of a risky WR2" it goes to "Player xx is listed as questionable making the spread of 3.5 a nice play along with the under looking more attractive" 

• Like 1
15 hours ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

From what I'm reading(thanks Wikipedia) it sounds like they want to focus more on sports betting content.  I'm assuming that why they went with the "edge" term.  Curious to see if the blurbs start transition from fantasy advice to betting advice over time. 

Instead of "Player xx is listed as questionable making him more of a risky WR2" it goes to "Player xx is listed as questionable making the spread of 3.5 a nice play along with the under looking more attractive" 

They already have - at least by way of hawking their “Edge+ MAX” betting advice package.  

No company should rest until they have a “plus” version of their product for which you must pay extra.  I think it’s a newly passed federal statute or something.

“Edge Forums”?

Did NBC seriously just dump the Rotoworld brand?

Seems like a serious waste of brand recognition and value. Rotoworld was THE original comprehensive fantasy site. 

Also, ... “Edge Sports”??

• Like 1