NBC Sports Edge Forums

Taylor Heinicke 2021 Outlook

Tom Brady just won 4 playoff games.  He beat 3 HoF QB's along the way, and I'm sayin his biggest challenge was Taylor Mf'n Heinicke. 

#freetaylorheinicke  #qb2   

• Like 1

Great call - I’m sure he will be re-signed and wouldn’t be surprised to see him win some pivotal games.

No other playoff team even gave him a sweat.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 1

Exactly, he could bank 10 mil just by really learning the playbook and convincing a coaching staff that he's a valuable mind and a good voice in the QB room for a few seasons.   To argue my case, I present the career of Todd Collins:

Mr Collins backed up Jim Kelly for his first two seasons, but when given first crack at replacing the franchise player in 1997, he fell flat.  He subsequently signed with the Chiefs in 1998, and did not throw a regular season pass for THREE seasons after that.   Amazing right!  But wait, there's more!  The Chiefs keep retaining him because Al Saunders was a fan, and rarely playing him for 5 more seasons.  In 8 seasons total as a Chief, he attempted just 27 passes!!   You can even add a 9th season with no pass attempts once he moved to Washington, but in 2007 the jig was up and he had to finally start again.............and of course won 3 games in place of Jason Campbell and got the Sean Taylor-grieving Redskins into the playoffs at age 36.  

I always wondered, if Collins had to start half a season when he was 30, would he have gotten exposed and cut?    Sometimes you gotta just stay under the radar.   

58 minutes ago, BrianM said:

Exactly, he could bank 10 mil just by really learning the playbook and convincing a coaching staff that he's a valuable mind and a good voice in the QB room for a few seasons.   To argue my case, I present the career of Todd Collins:

Mr Collins backed up Jim Kelly for his first two seasons, but when given first crack at replacing the franchise player in 1997, he fell flat.  He subsequently signed with the Chiefs in 1998, and did not throw a regular season pass for THREE seasons after that.   Amazing right!  But wait, there's more!  The Chiefs keep retaining him because Al Saunders was a fan, and rarely playing him for 5 more seasons.  In 8 seasons total as a Chief, he attempted just 27 passes!!   You can even add a 9th season with no pass attempts once he moved to Washington, but in 2007 the jig was up and he had to finally start again.............and of course won 3 games in place of Jason Campbell and got the Sean Taylor-grieving Redskins into the playoffs at age 36.  

I always wondered, if Collins had to start half a season when he was 30, would he have gotten exposed and cut?    Sometimes you gotta just stay under the radar.   

Countless others as well. Matt Schaub had been backing up Matt Ryan for like 7 years

AJ McCarron has made great money from the Texans

Frank Reich had an amazing run backing up Jim Kelly in Buffalo

there have been a lot of these kind of guys making serious bank for little to no real danger from actual games having to be played.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats
19 hours ago, BrianM said:

Exactly, he could bank 10 mil just by really learning the playbook and convincing a coaching staff that he's a valuable mind and a good voice in the QB room for a few seasons.   

Just $1.25M left to go!

Edited by BMcP