NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jesse Winker 2021 Outlook

His owners are probably wondering if he's droppable for the lottery ticket they see on the wire.  It might not be a bad time to throw some slop if you believe in the bat long term.  

1 hour ago, dicka24 said:

His owners are probably wondering if he's droppable for the lottery ticket they see on the wire.  It might not be a bad time to throw some slop if you believe in the bat long term.  

The issue here is him potentially becoming part of a rotation in the OF and losing at bats even when healthy. 

58 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

Jesse Winker has a career 128 WRC+, he is a very good hitter. That is all.

Agree. I’m holding where I can. 10 team redraft leagues I’d consider cutting him if I needed depth elsewhere.  Between him and Senzel, both great players, they can be frustrating owning that’s for sure with all the random injuries and sicknesses.

On 4/12/2021 at 1:30 PM, disasterisk said:

The issue here is him potentially becoming part of a rotation in the OF and losing at bats even when healthy. 

That's definitely a potential problem.  Especially with Naquin hitting like Babe Ruth.  There are only so many ABs to go around in the NL without the DH.  The one positive for Winker is he would be on the strong side of any platoon at least.  Still, no one wants a part time bat in fantasy.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Welcome to the "so good that your thread doesn't even get bumped when you're on a tear" club.

One more day of feasting on Pirates pitching, then a four game set at Coors.  Giddy up.

• Like 1