NBC Sports Edge Forums

12 team category league.  we are usually 5 keepers unlimited keep but we offered the option to do up to 8 this year only.  The keepers are rds 1-5 and if I decide to do the additional keepers they would be rds 6-8.  I have two rd 6 picks (so 2 picks in 1st rd) Categories are Runs, HR, SB, OBP, IP SV, K ERA, WHIP, and QS

My options

Bellinger

Trea Turner

Luis Robert

Luke Voit

Yoan Moncada

Alec Bohm

Gerrit Cole

Chris Paddack

Sandy Alcantra 

Dallas Keuchel

4 minutes ago, fishingguy12345 said:

Alcantara is a QS machine... And the same age as Paddack. 

do you think that it would transfer over if we went to wins?  it is a discussion in our league to do that.

Your Top 4 are Bellinger, Turner, Robert, Cole and then I'd choose one of Voit or Moncada. Seeing as though you have 2 picks in the first round, I'd probably just keep your top 5 and keep the picks. If there isn't anyone better to pick than who you passed on keeping, hopefully you can pick them again.  

Bellinger, Turner, Robert, Voit, Moncada, Bohm keep those 6. Next drop all the other players listed & get more offense. Then find two bats for the last two keeper spots. 

15 hours ago, paintingtheblack said:

Your Top 4 are Bellinger, Turner, Robert, Cole and then I'd choose one of Voit or Moncada. Seeing as though you have 2 picks in the first round, I'd probably just keep your top 5 and keep the picks. If there isn't anyone better to pick than who you passed on keeping, hopefully you can pick them again.  

This. Though I’d keep Moncada over Voit.

4 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

20 hours ago, paintingtheblack said:

This. Though I’d keep Moncada over Voit.

Agree on top 4 and Moncada.  

After that I like Bohm, Voit, and Paddack.  Will there be better players then them you can grab with your picks?  If so, then you consider only keeping top 5.

Can you make any trades now?  You have good assets to package for upgrades.

If your league goes with win's vs QS now Alcantara.

Help? 

This is easy. Keep Bellinger, Turner, Robert, Cole, Voit. 

1B drops off with quality and consistency after the top 5ish guys. Lock that in with Voit. I assume you want to play Bellinger in the OF slot. Use the 2 2nd round picks to reacquire Moncada, if you'd like, but I don't see the need for him since you've already addressed SB with Turner and Robert and there might be similar decent 3B options available . I'm toward bolstering the SP early with those 2 picks then address the rest of your offense after that. With this approach you'd get the best options of the players dropped, address SB, 1B, SP, HR all very early in your draft making it easy to adjust to the flow as the draft goes along.

I like @svdude's idea of trading for upgrades on keepers if possible. People seem to be in on Voit (rightfully so in my opinion) and could sell him with Moncada or Paddack for something. Either way, you have those 2nd round picks that will have a lot of good choices to pick from and I wouldn't waste that, IMO.