NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2021 Outlook

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao please. It's more like it was kind of obvious that the dude is a ******** sexual predator with the amount of accusations and similar stories from victims that don't know each other. The

No sir, your inability to relate to the possibility of how these masseuses may have felt when being approached by Watson is frightening.   this is a guy with money, power, and fame in a room

I tell both my kids that many people find it hard to say no, especially when they feel they are powerless. I tell my kids to be careful when in a position of power, whether it be rich vs poor, man vs

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Lamont Sanford said:

@BoudewijnNever mind replying, not the place for this conversation. My comments were somehow misinterpreted to be “victim blaming”. Evidently I wasn’t able to find the right words to get my point across properly. The only one to “blame” is the offender, in this case Deshaun Watson.

Though, as you pointed out, and what I was trying to say, was that there are things we can do to better prepare ourselves, and our children to know how to handle themselves in difficult situations like this. Nobody should ever feel forced to perform sexual favors for anyone, regardless of wealth, status, or power, and they obviously don’t have to, despite feeling compelled to. 

The women in our lives need to understand and believe this, and the fathers among us need to do a better job preparing our daughters to handle these situations in a way that prevents them from being victimized. 

That said, I won’t be replying to any further comments on this aspect of the thread as to discontinue the derail. Hopefully my thoughts on the matter have been clarified.

First off, people need to read the actual reports which they clearly did not. It wasn’t Watson just asking for happy endings. It was him being needlessly exposed, asking for excessive massages around the glute area, bringing his own tiny towel, touching the women with his penis without their permission, and a list of other actions which don’t fall on the women whatsoever.

You’re still on the don’t have to train when the reality is in a lot of these cases Watson committed sexual assault before the women could process the situation and make a decision. This is before factoring in that no amount of preparation can prepare you for the situation. Watson is a huge man compared to the average person. When there’s a metaphorical gun pushed to your head the preparation goes out the window.

When it’s all said and done he’s probably going to prison. This much cases isn’t a coincidence. 

• Like 4

It really is starting to look like a pattern.  The system usually protects big stars because they generate big bucks.  Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and R. Kelly got away with stuff for years with zero repercussions because of this phenomenon.

The Texans would likely prefer that this all went away.  The lawyer has made his fortune suing powerful institutions down to the studs, so he was not in on the "Too Big to Fail" program that was NFL Superstar Deshaun Watson.

Starting to feel like we might be calling him "former NFL quarterback" at this rate.

3 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It really is starting to look like a pattern.  The system usually protects big stars because they generate big bucks.  Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, and R. Kelly got away with stuff for years with zero repercussions because of this phenomenon.

The Texans would likely prefer that this all went away.  The lawyer has made his fortune suing powerful institutions down to the studs, so he was not in on the "Too Big to Fail" program that was NFL Superstar Deshaun Watson.

Starting to feel like we might be calling him "former NFL quarterback" at this rate.

Yeah not looking good for sure.

One thing I will say is that it’s a good idea to wait for what Watsons lawyer has to say next week. The lawyer filing the cases posted on Instagram for people to come forward and then they did. So is there a chance a bunch of women reached out to him drastically exaggerating encounters with Watson to cash in? Not that likely but anything is possible.

One thing to remember is that while sexual assault has ruined so many innocent lives false allegations of sexual assault also have ruined a lot of innocent lives as well. Sexual assault is a career ending thing. Even just allegations can be career ending. Unfortunately this also makes it one of the most utilized money grabs.

So while things are surely not looking good maybe jumping to a decision yet isn’t the best idea. If it unfolds and Watson is guilty he will rot like the POS he is. 

Is it acceptable for us to discuss the significance of Watson finding these women on Instagram?

He didn't Google "top rated masseuses near me". He went on Instagram and found women that he had to pay to fly across the country to get to him. Isn't it possible that these were just Instagram hotties who Deshaun paid good money to come give him a "massage". 

Professional athletes hooking up with the hot girls of Instagram is as commonplace as it gets. 

I'm not saying it's acceptable for anyone to pressure a woman to do anything sexually in any context, but if these were sexy Instagram models, that has to be relevant to the case, no?

• Thanks 2
27 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Is it acceptable for us to discuss the significance of Watson finding these women on Instagram?

He didn't Google "top rated masseuses near me". He went on Instagram and found women that he had to pay to fly across the country to get to him. Isn't it possible that these were just Instagram hotties who Deshaun paid good money to come give him a "massage". 

Professional athletes hooking up with the hot girls of Instagram is as commonplace as it gets. 

I'm not saying it's acceptable for anyone to pressure a woman to do anything sexually in any context, but if these were sexy Instagram models, that has to be relevant to the case, no?

100%. The problem though, is that the power of media and headlines forms people's opinions for them before facts actually come out. Many people have already formed their opinion on the type of person Watson is based on these allegations (that's what they are right now) and really won't change their stance or even care to know about it if he's in fact proven innocent. It's an unfortunate fact that society tends to be this way and tends to be only "headline readers" too often swayed by a narrative before facts come out.

EDIT: I'm not saying Watson didn't do anything, but I will reserve judgement until there are facts to judge.

Edited by ThreadKiller
  • Like 1
28 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

100%. The problem though, is that the power of media and headlines forms people's opinions for them before facts actually come out. Many people have already formed their opinion on the type of person Watson is based on these allegations (that's what they are right now) and really won't change their stance or even care to know about it if he's in fact proven innocent. It's an unfortunate fact that society tends to be this way and tends to be only "headline readers" too often swayed by a narrative before facts come out.

EDIT: I'm not saying Watson didn't do anything, but I will reserve judgement until there are facts to judge.

The other thing is that, regardless of the facts, the optics for Watson make this an almost impossible case. It's 2021, "come on bro, those girls are clearly thots" is not going to play in the court of public opinion. Watson might be a monster, or he could be a totally nice guy. I don't think we'll ever know. 

Would it be insensitive to request a pictoral gallery to expand on @ThreadKiller 's theory?  Yes, I suppose it would.  Sigh.

Speaking hypothetically, if a person contacts a legitimate, licensed massage therapist to book an appointment, that person would not normally know ahead of time what their therapist will look like, or even their therapist's gender.

But on Instagram, the prospective "massagee" can swipe left or right after seeing a picture.

5 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Would it be insensitive to request a pictoral gallery to expand on @ThreadKiller 's theory?  Yes, I suppose it would.  Sigh.

Speaking hypothetically, if a person contacts a legitimate, licensed massage therapist to book an appointment, that person would not normally know ahead of time what their therapist will look like, or even their therapist's gender.

But on Instagram, the prospective "massagee" can swipe left or right after seeing a picture.

What good would that do? Let's say all of these women have half-naked pics posted on Instagram. And? What's the defense? "Look at how these women dress and present themselves. They were clearly asking for it?" That ain't gonna fly. 

Again, this is an impossible position for Watson. Unless he has explicit messages from these women stating exactly what they consent to do, but that seems unbelievably unlikely.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

The other thing is that, regardless of the facts, the optics for Watson make this an almost impossible case. It's 2021, "come on bro, those girls are clearly thots" is not going to play in the court of public opinion. Watson might be a monster, or he could be a totally nice guy. I don't think we'll ever know. 

Agreed. The problem with society though is that even if it's proved he is innocent and NOT a monster, he will still be labeled as a monster by many and people will crack jokes about him because their opinion on him has already been formed. Much of society isn't interested in digging deeper or fact checking when presented with information. They are interested in headlines and allowing their opinions to be formed for them.

Edited by ThreadKiller
7 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

Agreed. The problem with society though is that even if it's proved he is innocent and NOT a monster, he will be labeled as a monster and people will crack jokes about him because their opinion on him has already been formed. Much of society isn't interested in digging deeper or fact checking. They are interested in headlines and allowing their opinions to be formed for them.

Yeah, people are dumb. The flip is true too. If he's proven guilty, there will still be people claiming it was a conspiracy against him.

As far as we're concerned, I think proving his innocence here is basically impossible. I think we're looking at something between a 4-6 game suspension, all the way to a lost season. 

• Like 1

On PFT today:

With seven lawsuits filed, five more promised, and at least 10 more possibly coming, common sense suggests that it has become difficult if not impossible for the Texans to trade quarterback Deshaun Watson. A Saturday report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle suggests otherwise.

Wilson cites unnamed sources to support the claim that multiple teams remain interested in Watson: Eagles, Panthers, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers and Broncos.

If the Texans can still get at least a 1st rounder still I'd have to imagine they jump on that right?

1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

On PFT today:

With seven lawsuits filed, five more promised, and at least 10 more possibly coming, common sense suggests that it has become difficult if not impossible for the Texans to trade quarterback Deshaun Watson. A Saturday report from Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle suggests otherwise.

Wilson cites unnamed sources to support the claim that multiple teams remain interested in Watson: Eagles, Panthers, Jets, Dolphins, 49ers and Broncos.

If the Texans can still get at least a 1st rounder still I'd have to imagine they jump on that right?

Yeah, IMO the longer they wait tho lower his value therefore what they can get in return for him.

Unless he's cleared of all charges of course.

42 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Houston, we have a rapist.

So did he want a trade because he ran out of women in Houston and needed a fresh crop in a new city? 

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, ajs723 said:

What good would that do? Let's say all of these women have half-naked pics posted on Instagram. And? What's the defense? "Look at how these women dress and present themselves. They were clearly asking for it?" That ain't gonna fly. 

Again, this is an impossible position for Watson. Unless he has explicit messages from these women stating exactly what they consent to do, but that seems unbelievably unlikely.

I am not presenting that as a defense of Watson.  This unprofessional and unorthodox method for finding massage therapists through social media is, potentially, an indication that Watson was seeking more than simply relief for aching muscles.

17 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I am not presenting that as a defense of Watson.  This unprofessional and unorthodox method for finding massage therapists through social media is, potentially, an indication that Watson was seeking more than simply relief for aching muscles.

It's worse than that.

It means he was seeking easy to target victims. Likely ones that are going to be alone, just trying to break into the industry (more desperate), and/or inexperienced (not as aware of what is acceptable or not). I don't see how this method of finding message therapists is a good thing for Watson. If anything it makes it seem like he is even more of a predator. 

• Like 1

Honest question, but in modern history has anyone been accused by this volume of people for the same crime and ever been categorically cleared of any wrong doing?

Where there's smoke there is fire.  Where there are 13 pillars of smoke, there is a sexual predator in my opinion.

This case sums up everything you need to know about society, that there is still half a fan base in San Francisco thinking the Niners should and will trade for the guy.  I think this ends up being the Vick dog scandal of this decade.  Not sure if he goes to prison, but in today's day and age I have a hard time seeing an owner introducing him to their team with a press conference in the next few years, let alone give away assets for that.  I won't even get into his actual merit as a player, which is awfully Matthew Stafford'ish to me, and that is not intended as complimentary.

• Like 1

When you are a professional athlete, doesn't the team provide a massage therapist for you?  Serious question.  Isn't that part of your workout regimen?  Weights, stretching, ice baths, massage, etc.?  

42 minutes ago, CooL said:

When you are a professional athlete, doesn't the team provide a massage therapist for you?  Serious question.  Isn't that part of your workout regimen?  Weights, stretching, ice baths, massage, etc.?  

I believe there was something from Watson's camp about this being unavailable to him because of Covid. So he had to look elsewhere. 

44 minutes ago, CooL said:

From the interviews with other successful NFL players I have listened to, it seems that a player will typically find a professional massage therapist that they prefer, then they will pay for their services at the player's expense, up to and including flying the therapist in when the need arises.  Well, to avoid phallic imagery, let's say when their muscles need it.

11 minutes ago, Harold Seattle said:

From the lawsuit filing.

https://www.totalprosports.com/2021/03/22/deshaun-watson-lawsuit-details-him-pushing-his-face-into-womans-butt-masseuse-slapping-him-for-grabbing-her-vagina/

If the court finds this as a honest account Watson is in for some jail time IMO.

Man - this is bad. Yet - no criminal charges. This account is less than a year old though so there certainly could be I suppose, but no one has charged him with anything to date.