NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2021 Outlook

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao please. It's more like it was kind of obvious that the dude is a ******** sexual predator with the amount of accusations and similar stories from victims that don't know each other. The

No sir, your inability to relate to the possibility of how these masseuses may have felt when being approached by Watson is frightening.   this is a guy with money, power, and fame in a room

I tell both my kids that many people find it hard to say no, especially when they feel they are powerless. I tell my kids to be careful when in a position of power, whether it be rich vs poor, man vs

Posted Images

On 4/12/2021 at 12:09 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

They will justify it by saying he had no criminal charges only civil.

That didn’t stop Goodell from suspending Ezekiel Elliott in 2017.....He’ll Zeke didn’t even have any civil charges 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, bomont said:

Latest: https://www.nfl.com/news/woman-drops-lawsuit-against-deshaun-watson-20-plaintiffs-identified

Every time (sad how it makes sense to say "every time" now) something like this comes up, I have to wonder how much is the guy being a scumbag or the women being gold-digging hos or something in between. 

Either way so glad I'm not a Texans fan. 

that train of thought is a direct result of 2 things.

1. A person of wealth and fame puts themselves into a compromising situation with no witnesses, no proof to collaborate his or her version of events.

B. Not settling the accusations of said compromising situation to avoid any public/media backlash and to maintain your nice image while also getting NDA (non-disclosure agreements) signed upon settling with the clients.

• Like 1

Yeah payoff is exactly what the women want too. IMO that's like an admission of guilt.

Speaking of which, I love how he's already been judged despite zero evidence. When did we toss out innocent till proven guilty?

45 minutes ago, bomont said:

When did we toss out innocent till proven guilty?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/14/five-women-suing-deshaun-watson-have-spoken-to-police/

[quote]

Per Will Hobson of the Post, five of Buzbee’s clients have spoken to the Houston Police Department regarding Watson.

Watson has denied any an all wrongdoing.

Buzbee shared with Hobson details regarding efforts to settle the case. Buzbee reiterated his frustration with the failure of Watson’s management team to take the situation seriously before the first lawsuit was filed. After Buzbee made a $100,000 settlement demand on behalf of the first plaintiff to file suit, Scott Gaffield of Athletes First did not respond with a firm offer but asked Buzbee to replace his original request with a new one.

[/quote]

1 hour ago, bomont said:

Yeah payoff is exactly what the women want too. IMO that's like an admission of guilt.

Speaking of which, I love how he's already been judged despite zero evidence. When did we toss out innocent till proven guilty?

Couldn't agree with you more. I've been banging this drum for a while... Watson was doomed the minute this story came out and it doesn't matter if true or not. Unfortunately, the majority of people follow this timeline when forming their opinions on a topic/story:

1. Read headline only and forms opinion based on that alone (without seeing evidence or anything along those lines)

2. Avoid actually researching/digging into topic in order to backup said opinion

3. Move onto another headline/story to repeat same nonsense

4. If information comes out that later conflicts with opinion formed in step 2 comes out. Person either doesn't see it or refuses to beleive it.

5. Person refuses to move off premature opinion (that they formed with no evidence) despite evidence against it.

Unfortunately, it's the way many (probably most) operate.

Watson was deemed guilty the SECOND the story was leaked by most. That can not be denied.

These cases always come down to deciding who you believe. They are done in private per Watson insistent, no allegation of actual rape so no DNA. So either you believe Watson ( who has admitted having consensual sex  with masseuses in some cases) that he never tried to coerce sex by exposing himself or asking for them to massage his groin and anus and 20 some women are just tripping and looking for money or you believe the women that he did. These cases always are he said/ she said and both sides have given their version so that's the evidence ( that plus the texts from Watson saying sorry if...) . If a victim testimony doesn't count as evidence for some, then Watson is free to continue on for as long as he wants with this behavior of treating masseuses as prostitutes whether they are or not.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, bomont said:

Latest: https://www.nfl.com/news/woman-drops-lawsuit-against-deshaun-watson-20-plaintiffs-identified

Every time (sad how it makes sense to say "every time" now) something like this comes up, I have to wonder how much is the guy being a scumbag or the women being gold-digging hos or something in between. 

Either way so glad I'm not a Texans fan. 

Again, it is the same thing i've said multiple times.

The chance that all these 20+ women got assaulted is pretty much zero. There's going to be some gold diggers in there.

BUUUUTTT... The chance that all these women are in it for a money grab with somehow similar stories? Also pretty much zero. The reality is only 1 needs to stick.

• Like 1

Yes, we can sit here and talk about the "evidence" that has come trickling in since the story leaked but that's the point. It has come out much later than the actual story...At first all we had was a few accusations and at that very point, many formed their opinions and it wouldn't matter what evidence does or doesn't come out.

21 hours ago, ThreadKiller said:

Yes, we can sit here and talk about the "evidence" that has come trickling in since the story leaked but that's the point. It has come out much later than the actual story...At first all we had was a few accusations and at that very point, many formed their opinions and it wouldn't matter what evidence does or doesn't come out.

Lmao please.

It's more like it was kind of obvious that the dude is a ******** sexual predator with the amount of accusations and similar stories from victims that don't know each other.

There was enough evidence from the start you just chose to beat the same drum over and over again...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
On 4/16/2021 at 2:19 PM, Gohawks said:

Lmao please.

It's more like it was kind of obvious that the dude is a ******** sexual predator with the amount of accusations and similar stories from victims that don't know each other.

There was enough evidence from the start you just chose to beat the same drum over and over again...

False. The amount of accusations has increased since the beginning. I am referring to the minute the story was leaked, not after all their stories came trickling in. What are you even talking about? If you're going to respond harshly to my opinion, at least understand my post and know what my opinion is.

1 hour ago, ThreadKiller said:

False. The amount of accusations has increased since the beginning. I am referring to the minute the story was leaked, not after all their stories came trickling in. What are you even talking about? If you're going to respond harshly to my opinion, at least understand my post and know what my opinion is.

Nah when accusations hit double digits you were still in here more or less calling people sheep and criticizing people for being “headline readers”, jumping to conclusions, not waiting for facts to come out, etc.

TL:DR: That’s 🧢

• Like 1

The Athletic's Aaron Reiss reports attorneys representing Deshaun Watson have accused Watson's alleged victims of "lying about their trauma" and the number of massage sessions they had with the quarterback. 

Watson's legal defense has come into focus over the past week, and it's centered on casting doubts about the validity of the (many) accusations of sexual misconduct against Watson. The legal team charges that eight of Watson's accusers "bragged about, praised, or were excited" about providing massage services to Watson, and that five accusers have told others that "they wanted to get money" from Watson. Some of the accusers, according to Watson's lawyers, weren't truthful about how many massage sessions they had with him. The QB's attorneys claim seven of the women who have brought accusations against Watson "willingly worked or offered to work" with Watson after alleged incidents of sexual assault. Watson's legal issues could last into the summer and cost him some or all of the 2021 season. 

See, he is clearly innocent. Everything explained...

😎

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Nah when accusations hit double digits you were still in here more or less calling people sheep and criticizing people for being “headline readers”, jumping to conclusions, not waiting for facts to come out, etc.

TL:DR: That’s 🧢

You still don't get it. You clearly don't understand my stance/opinion and I'm confirming that here. If you are going to try to argue with me about what MY opinion is, welp, good luck with that, I guess? Try reading my posts again slowly and maybe something will click.

Even Watson's lawyers' statements don't make it any less creepy or of a predator nature. Watson put himself in that position and both he and his lawyers have admitted to that much. They are only denying the assaults. Where there is smoke there is fire and that is not smoke any more with 20+ accusations/cases. That is a raging forest fire.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1