NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deshaun Watson 2021 Outlook

6 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Can we get a wellness check on Rog?  It's absolutely stupefying that they haven't put Watson on the Exempt list yet.  I sat here for 10 minutes and could not produce a single reason why he's being allowed into training camp, even a bad one.  As we all know, the league likes to wait until the legal process has played out before taking action. That is not an option this time around given the severity of the allegations here, and we know with certainty that the legal situation will not be resolved by Week 1.  I cannot fathom what is going on or what the league is doing

All that said, there remains no chance he's actually going to play at all this year, unless and until he is exonerated of all charges.  He must be put on the Exempt list until we know how the legal system decides, then he may or may not be given more punishment after that.  It is the only option.  Therefore, it is the option that must be the taken.  No one currently drafting best balls should have any illusions otherwise.  Even if you're taking him in the last round, you're wasting a pick.  Rog?  You there?  Anyone?

People were saying the same thing about Hill a few years ago. If the league, for whatever reason, decides it isn't their place to step in, he could absolutely play this year. 

Just now, ajs723 said:

People were saying the same thing about Hill a few years ago. If the league, for whatever reason, decides it isn't their place to step in, he could absolutely play this year. 

HUGE difference there.  The legal process had already played out with Hill.  The DA had announced no charges would be filed.  If that happens with Watson, then we can have a different discussion.  He can't play now.  

Also with Hill it was one allegation.  And Hill met with the league for nine hours.  Hill was never charged criminally, and never sued civilly.

Basically the league cleared Hill of any wrongdoing, after a careful investigation.

Will the league do the same with Watson?

15 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Also with Hill it was one allegation.  And Hill met with the league for nine hours.  Hill was never charged criminally, and never sued civilly.

Basically the league cleared Hill of any wrongdoing, after a careful investigation.

Will the league do the same with Watson?

No way of knowing. But it's certainly possible. I wouldn't have said that a month ago. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tomei7 said:

Watson won’t sniff the field in 2021, unfortunately he has 22 active sexual assault cases. DND……..Stay away.

He will be the week 1 starter whether its with the Texans or whoeva. Hes not even on the commishioners exempt list. 

The allegations may be settled somehow and he will not be suspended and it will all go away. get him cheap while u can now..

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, SyNdicateZ said:

He will be the week 1 starter whether its with the Texans or whoeva. Hes not even on the commishioners exempt list. 

The allegations may be settled somehow and he will not be suspended and it will all go away. get him cheap while u can now..

Looking like he might be.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

Can we get a wellness check on Rog?  It's absolutely stupefying that they haven't put Watson on the Exempt list yet.  I sat here for 10 minutes and could not produce a single reason why he's being allowed into training camp, even a bad one.  As we all know, the league likes to wait until the legal process has played out before taking action. That is not an option this time around given the severity of the allegations here, and we know with certainty that the legal situation will not be resolved by Week 1.  I cannot fathom what is going on or what the league is doing

All that said, there remains no chance he's actually going to play at all this year, unless and until he is exonerated of all charges.  He must be put on the Exempt list until we know how the legal system decides, then he may or may not be given more punishment after that.  It is the only option.  Therefore, it is the option that must be the taken.  No one currently drafting best balls should have any illusions otherwise.  Even if you're taking him in the last round, you're wasting a pick.  Rog?  You there?  Anyone?

"I sat here for 10 minutes and could not produce a single reason... As we all know, the league likes to wait until the legal process has played out... I cannot fathom what is going on... there remains no chance... unless... you're wasting a pick"

These mind pretzels are making me thirsty. The only certainty I know is I will be wasting picks.

4 hours ago, SyNdicateZ said:

I’ve owned Watson almost every year he has been in the league, I made it priority to get him every year, he was actually my favorite player especially at the QB position before he turned into a perv. Wish this never had happened but Watson will not sniff the field this year, fall for the fried ice cream if you want. Texans are just looking to capitalize while they still have time. He’s definitely on my DND list.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomei7 said:

I’ve owned Watson almost every year he has been in the league, I made it priority to get him every year, he was actually my favorite player especially at the QB position before he turned into a perv. Wish this never had happened but Watson will not sniff the field this year, fall for the fried ice cream if you want. Texans are just looking to capitalize while they still have time. He’s definitely on my DND list.

Will be interesting to see if he can massage his way out of this, but I wouldn't bet on a happy ending here.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, StevieStats said:

Will be interesting to see if he can massage his way out of this, but I wouldn't bet on a happy ending here.

These days there are a few lines you don’t cross when you have a great career….abusing and taking advantage of women sexually are 1 of them, I’m pretty sure we can all figure out the others very easily…..in Watson’s case it’s happened 2 dozen times in less then a year. Dude needs help if you ask me. Great football player but he’s a creep and don’t want any part of that headache.

• Like 1

Here's the most recent report as of today: "Via John Barr of ESPN.com, attorney Rusty Hardin said that 10 women in all have filed criminal complaints against Watson. Two who have filed criminal complaints have not filed lawsuit against Watson. This increases the total number of women alleging that Watson committed misconduct to 24."

What I found most interesting is two women who filed criminal complaints, but not civil ones. I hadn't seen that before, which makes me think it wasn't widely known and/or reported. That certainly puts a significant dent in the whole "22 gold diggers" defense. 

This guy isn't playing. And, frankly, it's embarrassing it's taking this long for that to be clear from the league 

3 minutes ago, ThunderDan said:

Here's the most recent report as of today: "Via John Barr of ESPN.com, attorney Rusty Hardin said that 10 women in all have filed criminal complaints against Watson. Two who have filed criminal complaints have not filed lawsuit against Watson. This increases the total number of women alleging that Watson committed misconduct to 24."

What I found most interesting is two women who filed criminal complaints, but not civil ones. I hadn't seen that before, which makes me think it wasn't widely known and/or reported. That certainly puts a significant dent in the whole "22 gold diggers" defense. 

This guy isn't playing. And, frankly, it's embarrassing it's taking this long for that to be clear from the league 

Oh please! Im sure those 2 were convinced by lawyers not to file against Watson just yet just to make it look like these aren't just gold diggers to help everyones case. They will eventually get paid low key by someone.

4 minutes ago, SyNdicateZ said:

Oh please! Im sure those 2 were convinced by lawyers not to file against Watson just yet just to make it look like these aren't just gold diggers to help everyones case. They will eventually get paid low key by someone.

I can't tell if you're being serious or not. I sincerely hope you're not.  If you are, your explanation is possible. A far more plausible one is that the women do not want to be publicly identified. An understandable notion given the circumstances

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Repping Watson at DB and RB? Are they trying to get him hurt to tank his trade value? What a dumpster fire this org is.

Texans coach David Culley said Deshaun Watson is behind because he missed offseason workouts and needs as many reps as possible.

Watson was used as the fourth-string quarterback in practice after getting snaps at safety and running back. It's clear that the bad blood between Watson and his team runs both ways as Culley is treating him like Taysom Hill as a rookie. Watson would never play other positions or actually be a backup passer but, as we've known for a long time, there's no chance of an amicable end to this saga. The Houston quarterback still remains accused of 22 instances of sexual misconduct but the league has yet to take any action beyond their ongoing investigation. 

Deshaun Watson was not present Tuesday at Texans practice in the team's first padded practice. 

The weirdness continues at Texans training camp, where the team continues to ice out Watson, who has been brutally clear that he doesn't want to be in Houston. Watson's Tuesday absence could be explained by team trainers examining his foot or ankle during Monday's camp practice. Facing sexual assault accusations from 22 women, Watson is going through the motions so he's not fined by the team. There's little chance he suits up for anyone in 2021, despite the quarterback's camp generating trade rumors last month. Tyrod Taylor is set to start Week 1 for the sad sack Texans.

Aug 3, 2021, 10:34 AM ET

This might explain why...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deshaun-watson-accuser-graphic-detail-massage-requests

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The G Man said:

Deshaun Watson was not present Tuesday at Texans practice in the team's first padded practice. 

The weirdness continues at Texans training camp, where the team continues to ice out Watson, who has been brutally clear that he doesn't want to be in Houston. Watson's Tuesday absence could be explained by team trainers examining his foot or ankle during Monday's camp practice. Facing sexual assault accusations from 22 women, Watson is going through the motions so he's not fined by the team. There's little chance he suits up for anyone in 2021, despite the quarterback's camp generating trade rumors last month. Tyrod Taylor is set to start Week 1 for the sad sack Texans.

Aug 3, 2021, 10:34 AM ET

This might explain why...

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/deshaun-watson-accuser-graphic-detail-massage-requests

Hahahaha wowwwww. Dude tried to get his butt hole massaged from the inside.

"Don't be afraid to go inside" 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rest In Pieces.

1 hour ago, StevieStats said:

Hahahaha wowwwww. Dude tried to get his butt hole massaged from the inside.

"Don't be afraid to go inside" 😂😂😂😂😂😂

Rest In Pieces.

Uh...Mr. Watson, I said "prostrate".

• Like 1

SportsTalk 790's Aaron Wilson reports there is "no trade imminent or developing" for Texans QB Deshaun Watson at this time.

The Eagles are rumored to have a deal on the table for Watson involving multiple picks despite his ongoing lawsuits for alleged sexual misconduct. The issue is that neither the Texans or league have stepped in and taken accountability amid said legal disputes, being as lenient as to allow Watson to comically participate in Houston's camp as a scout team safety and defensive end just to avoid the daily fines. Trading for the 25-year-old while he faces sexual assault accusations from 22 women ahead of February's deposition would obviously be a PR nightmare for the Eagles, not to mention outright embarrassing and a black mark against the NFL and commissioner Roger Goodell. Watson still isn't expected to play a single snap in Houston (or any other team for that matter) until his legal issues are behind him.

Aug 5, 2021, 12:04 AM ET
  • Like 1

Yeah reports of trade talks "heating up" over Watson to Philly are patently absurd.  There is zero possibility that any NFL team trades for this player while his legal issues are still pending.

But why isn't the league acting?  I suspect Roger does not want to set the precedent that any civil lawsuit could prevent an NFL player from taking the field.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, trilly said:

Repping Watson at DB and RB? Are they trying to get him hurt to tank his trade value? What a dumpster fire this org is.

Texans coach David Culley said Deshaun Watson is behind because he missed offseason workouts and needs as many reps as possible.

Watson was used as the fourth-string quarterback in practice after getting snaps at safety and running back. It's clear that the bad blood between Watson and his team runs both ways as Culley is treating him like Taysom Hill as a rookie. Watson would never play other positions or actually be a backup passer but, as we've known for a long time, there's no chance of an amicable end to this saga. The Houston quarterback still remains accused of 22 instances of sexual misconduct but the league has yet to take any action beyond their ongoing investigation. 

Either he's playing or he's not but this...THIS is the dumbest ******** NFL related thing I've read in a long long time. I understand if the franchise doesn't love him but why would his coach treat him like a JV scrub walk-on who's going to be cut in a couple days? Do they  think there's no chance he will play so they're just like "screw it. let's rough him up while we have a chance"? This hurts his trade value, and other players and agents around the league see this stuff and take note of it. There is just no upside for the Texans to do something like this. Of course, they haven't seemed concerned with being a rational franchise for a couple years now soo...

• Like 2