NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2021 Outlook

1 hour ago, Ricky Bobby said:

That's obviously an exaggeration.  who in their right mind makes that known before negotiating? I understand he's the richest owner in the NFL, which also means he probably didn't  get that way bidding against himself.

Someone who wants to pressure a team into trading a player they currently don’t want to trade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao please. It's more like it was kind of obvious that the dude is a ******** sexual predator with the amount of accusations and similar stories from victims that don't know each other. The

No sir, your inability to relate to the possibility of how these masseuses may have felt when being approached by Watson is frightening.   this is a guy with money, power, and fame in a room

I tell both my kids that many people find it hard to say no, especially when they feel they are powerless. I tell my kids to be careful when in a position of power, whether it be rich vs poor, man vs

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

Both sides are attempting to use the media to get their way.  And the media people are reporting on the story.  It is a big story, easily one of the top 5 questions of the entire NFL offseason, and maybe number one.

Some in this thread do not like that.  Perhaps they prefer a monolithic media utterly controlled by corporate interests, to squelch all views critical of powerful institutions like an NFL team?

Edited by SharkSwimmer
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Both sides are attempting to use the media to get their way.  And the media people are reporting on the story.  It is a big story, easily one of the top 5 questions of the entire NFL offseason, and maybe number one.

Some in this thread do not like that.  Perhaps they prefer a monolithic media utterly controlled by corporate interests, to squelch all views critical of powerful institutions like an NFL team?

You should start a thread for that. IMO, there is a difference between reporting and speculating.

4 hours ago, Ricky Bobby said:

media is already doing that for them.

The media isn’t making up these stories out of whole cloth - they’re simply reporting what the teams themselves have passed along regarding their enormous level of interest.

21 minutes ago, BMcP said:

The media isn’t making up these stories out of whole cloth - they’re simply reporting what the teams themselves have passed along regarding their enormous level of interest.

I mean... the media does make up reports all the time though. Speculation...

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, devaster said:

Well, sure they do - I’m just saying this isn’t an example.

Not that we need the media to tell us that certain teams are desperate for an elite QB or anything.

Edited by BMcP
Posted (edited)

I have speculated about what may happen as this situation unfolds, but not about the positions the team and player have taken to get to this point.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
2 hours ago, Ricky Bobby said:

Wish I had a dime for every time I've used the S word in this thread.

Well it's the offseason, there isn't a lot of news so most of it will be speculation. There isn't a lot of actual reporting to be done and these guys have to do something so...

• Like 1
On 3/12/2021 at 5:14 AM, Ricky Bobby said:

Cully seems like a much better hire after listening to it actually.

Do you really think so, or are you just being deliberately obtuse as to not concede even a single point?

As for the Texans, they may be regreting the hire already.  Although, Culley went public with his retraction so fast, it seems they have him tightly under control.

3 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Do you really think so, or are you just being deliberately obtuse as to not concede even a single point?

As for the Texans, they may be regreting the hire already.  Although, Culley went public with his retraction so fast, it seems they have him tightly under control.

Not as tightly as they thought, apparently

13 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

Well it's the offseason, there isn't a lot of news so most of it will be speculation. There isn't a lot of actual reporting to be done and these guys have to do something so...

they could take creative writing classes and perhaps get better at what they do.

13 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

We done homey, you didn't even listen to the interview you linked lol.

Edited by Ricky Bobby
4 hours ago, Ricky Bobby said:

We done homey, you didn't even listen to the interview you linked lol.

Of course I didn't listen to it.  Why should I?  Nothing, and I mean nothing, Culley could say will ever change the fact that he has been a low level position coach who no one has ever heard of for over 20 years.

And Culley gives one interview and decides to share his own views, and is forced to immediately retract them.

When Dan Snyder hired a real head coach at last in Ron Rivera and got rid of Bruce Allen, what happened?  Rivera had the credibility and power to take over.  Snyder pet Adrian Peterson was out the door, to be followed soon after by Haskins.  His scholarship was revoked.

If the Texans had hired a real head coach, the same thing could have happened to them.  Last thing they want.  Enter Culley.  I would say he was lightly regarded in NFL circles, but it would be incorrect because that would imply that Culley was regarded at all.

2 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Of course I didn't listen to it.  Why should I?  Nothing, and I mean nothing, Culley could say will ever change the fact that he has been a low level position coach who no one has ever heard of for over 20 years.

And Culley gives one interview and decides to share his own views, and is forced to immediately retract them.

When Dan Snyder hired a real head coach at last in Ron Rivera and got rid of Bruce Allen, what happened?  Rivera had the credibility and power to take over.  Snyder pet Adrian Peterson was out the door, to be followed soon after by Haskins.  His scholarship was revoked.

If the Texans had hired a real head coach, the same thing could have happened to them.  Last thing they want.  Enter Culley.  I would say he was lightly regarded in NFL circles, but it would be incorrect because that would imply that Culley was regarded at all.

because you're supporting the interviewers position. That's the last response you get,  you're just vomiting headlines of articles you don't read, and repeating conclusions of podcasters you do not listen to. Congrats, you made a very patient posters ignore list.

2 hours ago, Ricky Bobby said:

because you're supporting the interviewers position. That's the last response you get,  you're just vomiting headlines of articles you don't read, and repeating conclusions of podcasters you do not listen to. Congrats, you made a very patient posters ignore list.

Around 2009, I figured out I could do the same with a certain politician.  Hearing that politician speak, it all sounded so good.  But then when I compared it to what the politician actually did, nothing was adding up.

So I concluded that it was not only a waste of time to watch this politician's speeches.  It was, in fact, counter-productive if I wanted to know what was really going on.

Easterby could invite me over to his mansion and talk to me all day about what a great direction the Texans were heading in and how they have this incredible plan going forward.  None of it would matter.  What else is he going to say?

If your estimation of Culley has gone way up after listening to the interview, you are either on the Texans payroll or you are pretty gullible.  Maybe both?

On 3/13/2021 at 8:22 AM, devaster said:

Local media always makes **** up in order to push a narrative. Often times it is "leaked" by the team as well in order to gain leverage in things such as contract and trade negotiations.

The Bears are probably making up a bunch of BS in regards to Wilson and Watson to make it seem like they're doing everything they can so Pace can keep his job. 

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Local media always makes **** up in order to push a narrative. Often times it is "leaked" by the team as well in order to gain leverage in things such as contract and trade negotiations.

The Bears are probably making up a bunch of BS in regards to Wilson and Watson to make it seem like they're doing everything they can so Pace can keep his job. 

pace is keeping his job. Doesn’t need the Watson Russell stuff to. Bears ownership is idiotic.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1371470689065000967?s=

As much as I like me some Daniel Jeremiah, I think that's a very overly simplistic viewpoint. Miami and the Jests may be the obvious front runners based on current draft capital, but I still think a team like Carolina could be a serious suitor. WFT and Chicago too, perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

Houston will want him out of the conference if at all possible.

4 minutes ago, The G Man said:

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/status/1371470689065000967?s=

As much as I like me some Daniel Jeremiah, I think that's a very overly simplistic viewpoint. Miami and the Jests may be the obvious front runners based on current draft capital, but I still think a team like Carolina could be a serious suitor. WFT and Chicago too, perhaps to a slightly lesser extent.

Houston will want him out of the conference if at all possible.

Daniel also ascribes to the Texans a level of strategic sophistication that they have yet to demonstrate in any capacity.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

SMH - this is just getting dumb now. If his position is what we've all been told it is and he's not going to change, may as well end this thread and wait until JAN '22:

PLAYER NEWS

• The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports that there are rumors that Deshaun Watson doesn't want to play in New York or Miami.

Instead, Watson is rumored to want to play for the Broncos or 49ers, probably because they have more talent on their rosters. Of course, rumors are rumors. If true, Watson is lowering his odds of actually getting traded out of Houston because the Texans wouldn't be in a prime position to draft their next quarterback with Denver or San Francisco's draft picks. Even if Watson is open to being traded anywhere else, the Texans need to be willing to let him go. Thus far, the entire organization has been committed to Watson, going as far as letting trade offers go to their voicemail. There will be plenty of speculation over the next few weeks, but the reality is that a potential Watson deal likely wouldn't go through until just days or minutes before the 2021 NFL Draft.

Mar 16, 2021, 7:47 PM ET

•  
  • Like 1
17 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

SMH - this is just getting dumb now. If his position is what we've all been told it is and he's not going to change, may as well end this thread and wait until JAN '22:

PLAYER NEWS

• The Athletic's Michael Lombardi reports that there are rumors that Deshaun Watson doesn't want to play in New York or Miami.

Instead, Watson is rumored to want to play for the Broncos or 49ers, probably because they have more talent on their rosters. Of course, rumors are rumors. If true, Watson is lowering his odds of actually getting traded out of Houston because the Texans wouldn't be in a prime position to draft their next quarterback with Denver or San Francisco's draft picks. Even if Watson is open to being traded anywhere else, the Texans need to be willing to let him go. Thus far, the entire organization has been committed to Watson, going as far as letting trade offers go to their voicemail. There will be plenty of speculation over the next few weeks, but the reality is that a potential Watson deal likely wouldn't go through until just days or minutes before the 2021 NFL Draft.

Mar 16, 2021, 7:47 PM ET

•  

The Jets I can see but Miami doesn’t make sense.