Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2021 Outlook


Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

The Jets I can see but Miami doesn’t make sense.

Either way - if he will only waive his No-Trade for DEN and SF then there will be NO-Trade. Neither of those teams have anything to offer (other than promises and songs - i.e. the ludicrous scenario of the Bears trading 5 1st round picks for Wilson) to justify trading away Watson. This is a boring stalemate at this point.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lmao please. It's more like it was kind of obvious that the dude is a ******** sexual predator with the amount of accusations and similar stories from victims that don't know each other. The

No sir, your inability to relate to the possibility of how these masseuses may have felt when being approached by Watson is frightening.   this is a guy with money, power, and fame in a room

I tell both my kids that many people find it hard to say no, especially when they feel they are powerless. I tell my kids to be careful when in a position of power, whether it be rich vs poor, man vs

Posted Images

Houston is getting ready to go into the season with Tyrod Taylor at QB.  They'll be proving their point all the way to 0-16.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This is a boring stalemate at this point.

You're mixing your metaphors. Stalemates are rarely boring, it's the repetition of moves that everybody hates ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You're mixing your metaphors. Stalemates are rarely boring, it's the repetition of moves that everybody hates ;)

I understand what you're saying but this stuff bores the hell out of me - I see a long-term standoff brewing. To me that is boring.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Carolina is the front runner in the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes:

The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers "are locked" on acquiring Deshaun Watson. 

Person quoted an executive with an NFL team that has closely monitored the quarterback market who said Carolina remains focused on trading for Watson, 25, who desperately wants out of Houston. Person said "Watson looks to be Plan A, B and C" for the Panthers and the team's owner, David Tepper. Person expected Tepper and the Carolina front office to be as aggressive as any team interested in landing Watson, with "three first-round picks the likely starting point" in trade talks. Carolina has $29.8 million in cap room after a series of roster cuts and the restructuring of Christian McCaffrey's and Shaq Thompson's contracts. The Texans remain dug in on keeping Watson, but it would seem the Panthers are among the favorites to acquire the QB if Houston relents. 

Source: The Athletic
Mar 17, 2021, 9:17 AM ET

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Looks like Carolina is the front runner in the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes:

The Athletic's Joseph Person reports the Panthers "are locked" on acquiring Deshaun Watson. 

Person quoted an executive with an NFL team that has closely monitored the quarterback market who said Carolina remains focused on trading for Watson, 25, who desperately wants out of Houston. Person said "Watson looks to be Plan A, B and C" for the Panthers and the team's owner, David Tepper. Person expected Tepper and the Carolina front office to be as aggressive as any team interested in landing Watson, with "three first-round picks the likely starting point" in trade talks. Carolina has $29.8 million in cap room after a series of roster cuts and the restructuring of Christian McCaffrey's and Shaq Thompson's contracts. The Texans remain dug in on keeping Watson, but it would seem the Panthers are among the favorites to acquire the QB if Houston relents. 

Source: The Athletic
Mar 17, 2021, 9:17 AM ET

 

I saw that but I didn't read Joseph Person's opinion that "Carolina is locked on acquiring Watson" or his opinion that "Panthers are among the favorites" as "Carolina is the frontrunner".

Edited by ThreadKiller
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Destination likelihood rankings. 

Based on? I mean, I have quite a bit of faith in you, but I would still prefer to know if you pulled them out of your behind or base it on Vegas odds. I might even trust the first option better ;)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Based on? I mean, I have quite a bit of faith in you, but I would still prefer to know if you pulled them out of your behind or base it on Vegas odds. I might even trust the first option better ;)

I own Watson in dynasty, so I've been monitoring the situation closely. This is my opinion based on all the reports and speculation I've read. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ajs723 said:

I own Watson in dynasty, so I've been monitoring the situation closely. This is my opinion based on all the reports and speculation I've read. 

I own him too (twice), but I have no earthly idea. At this time I think the chance of him sitting out the season is certainly not impossible, so I prefer your chart.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I own him too (twice), but I have no earthly idea. At this time I think the chance of him sitting out the season is certainly not impossible, so I prefer your chart.

Nothing is impossible. But the Texans gain nothing from being stubborn. Watson isn't changing his mind, might as well get a nice haul for him. I think he's on another roster before the first pick of the draft. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

But the Texans gain nothing from being stubborn.

The main question is how incompetent they are as a professional organisation. Are they just somewhat incompetent, but sanity still prevails; or really incompetent, and they try to force their way out (which is going to end badly) or REALLY incredibly OMG incompetent and they're going to give him away nearly for free after a lot of frustration?

I'm probably not giving them enough credit, but for the casual observer it's not looking great. In any case, if you offer me the option right now for Watson to end up on the 49ers I'd yes please. All of your options have top-12 picks though, so they make sense. I think Watson would love to go to SF, but SF is the lowest of the picks, and if SF is a contender with Watson (which I think they are) the future picks will be worth less. 

Anyway, we'll see, and if you're right we'll see it soon. I sure hope so.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is going to trade for this player with all these accusations piling up?  The more individual accusers there are, the bigger the problem it is.

Houston may have missed their window.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

A third accusal today from another masseuse. Ramifications for him potentially being moved? 

And three additional suits incoming - I wonder how well accusations of such moral turpitude sit with Mr. Easterby....

Link to post
Share on other sites

So a masseuse claims Watson did x, supposedly has a lawyer attach a price tag to the accusations, and now subsequent masseuses are making similar claims? I suppose every masseuse who ever gave Watson a message can jump on board too, right? If one is to be believed, why not all? No possible way of knowing who’s telling the truth.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, BMcP said:

And three additional suits incoming - I wonder how well accusations of such moral turpitude sit with Mr. Easterby....

If these accusations/law suits continue to pile up, you have to wonder if the Texans might just cut Watson? Crazy as that may sound, it's Houston we're talking about here, so anything's possible. Wonder what the financial implications are if they do?

Edited by The G Man
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The G Man said:

If these accusations/law suits continue to pile up, you have to wonder if the Texans might just cut Watson? Crazy as that may sound, it's Houston we're talking about here, so anything's possible. Wonder what the financial implications are if they do?

Is there any proof at all that these accusations are true? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The lawyer representing these masseuses is a bit of an attention whore, you can google him pretty easily.

It's certainly out of the blue to hear these claims about Watson (not opining on the validity of these claims, I have no idea). But if these claims are false, that would only serve to push Watson even further from Houston if the environment has gotten that toxic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Is there any proof at all that these accusations are true? 

No idea. That really wasn't the point I was trying to make.

I'm wondering if these accusations (especially if they continue to mount), on top of the disconnect/discontent that has been reported between the player and the franchise, combined with the dysfunctional and dare I say holier-than-thou mindset of the FO manifests itself into the team just outright cutting him? Probably not. And, to your point, there would most likely have to be some kind of evidence to support the claims to be true,

I guess what I'm really wondering is if there's some kind of an "out" clause in his contract where the team can save (or get back) on the money they are currently paying Watson. Probably not.

Sorry. Just rambling on here...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, trilly said:

The lawyer representing these masseuses is a bit of an attention whore, you can google him pretty easily.

It's certainly out of the blue to hear these claims about Watson (not opining on the validity of these claims, I have no idea). But if these claims are false, that would only serve to push Watson even further from Houston if the environment has gotten that toxic.

That’s the problem though, how can Watson possibly prove the accusations are false? Unless there’s video evidence, which there shouldn’t be, it’s simply Watson’s word vs the accusers.

 

Edited by Lamont Sanford
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Is there any proof at all that these accusations are true? 

There has been no discovery yet in any of these cases - but if the first plaintiff is to be believed, Watson felt compelled to text her an apology after the incident.  Ordinarily, these cases would conclude via settlement; but if Watson takes the same stance on clearing his name as he has on vowing never to play for the Texans again, I imagine he will have to testify in court at some point.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BMcP said:

There has been no discovery yet in any of these cases - but if the first plaintiff is to be believed, Watson felt compelled to text her an apology after the incident.  Ordinarily, these cases would conclude via settlement; but if Watson takes the same stance on clearing his name as he has on vowing never to play for the Texans again, I imagine he will have to testify in court at some point.

It's pretty interesting how quiet this story was at first - obviously it is picking up steam now. The first I heard of it was on sports radio on Tuesday AM - I expected someone to bring it up here and nationally but I didn't see much until the PM yesterday (Wednesday).

Things escalate quickly - just this afternoon Gottlieb had an NFL "insider" on his show (I think it was Joe Banner) openly speculate as to whether HOU ownership is actually INVOLVED in this. That makes sense - more sense than Watson being involved in something like this. 

This is now a hot mess - but man would it be fun if these clowns in the FO ginned up a harassment (possibly even assault) case against their own QB and most valued asset. I'd not be bored anymore.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...