NBC Sports Edge Forums

Outlook: plenty of time on the DL.

But if he can stay healthy and win that 1B job, and there is not much in terms of competition, it should be interesting to see what those power numbers can look like. 

17 hours ago, colorado2013 said:

Outlook: plenty of time on the DL.

But if he can stay healthy and win that 1B job, and there is not much in terms of competition, it should be interesting to see what those power numbers can look like. 

His career average struggles to be over the Mendoza Line. So his has to HIT the ball too, which will be as much as a struggle as it will be to stay healthy.

But if he can hit, it’s a safe bet he will have more home runs than singles!

Now THIS feels like a return to normalcy! Seriously doubt anything meaningful comes from it except for possibly the deepest of the deepest leagues, but Rockies Spring Training just got more fun!

For the vast majority of leagues he's a guy to keep in the back of your head as he sits on the wire. Honestly, any active owner should be monitoring the Rockies lineup and their hitters anyway... Now I know that that little league park the Yankees play at is prime time for lefties (mens softball fields are longer down the line) but in Colorado breaking balls are far less effective, although that may not matter because he couldn't hit fastballs with exception to his rookie year lol.

Cron's a lot better than bird. They are both deep league picks/late round fliers, so might as well back the guy who has proven to be a major league quality first baseman over the past few years.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

With CJ Cron around, at best we are looking at a strong side platoon at 1B.

If that's the case that would make for a good option in a daily deep or Nl only league. I'm not sure it happens.

30 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

If that's the case that would make for a good option in a daily deep or Nl only league. I'm not sure it happens.

Could Bird stay healthy enough to allow that to happen? If so, that is a lot of power for Coors Field.

6 minutes ago, colorado2013 said:

Could Bird stay healthy enough to allow that to happen? If so, that is a lot of power for Coors Field.

I've been a big Greg Bird fan in the past. I'll take my L there. Still rooting for him.  i'm a sucker for a LH power in yankee stadium, especially boosted by a generally good lineup.  Worked great for DJ, not so much Bird. Beyond health, it hasn't been established that he will just mash if healthy.

I really would love to see him turn his career around and prove my once love in him correct, but I'm not expecting it and probably stashing someone else.  

6 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

I've been a big Greg Bird fan in the past. I'll take my L there. Still rooting for him.  i'm a sucker for a LH power in yankee stadium, especially boosted by a generally good lineup.  Worked great for DJ, not so much Bird. Beyond health, it hasn't been established that he will just mash if healthy.

I really would love to see him turn his career around and prove my once love in him correct, but I'm not expecting it and probably stashing someone else.  

I am now living down in Albuquerque, home to the Rockies Triple A squad. I am assuming after the Cron signing I will be able to watch Bird (hopefully) crushing some homers at Isotopes Park. Maybe he figures something out down here and proves you correct for rooting for him.

I’m torn by the CJ Cron signing. On one hand it prevents me from the inevitable disappointment that comes from drafting way too many shares of Greg Bird. On the other hand, I’m now right in line again for the inevitable disappointment that comes from drafting too many shares of CJ Cron.

• Haha 3