• tonycpsu changed the title to Isaiah Stewart 2020-2021 Outlook
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna staple this guys jersey to my chest 

I play in a league which allows for 1 keeper, and we have to have drafted that player as a rookie. For the last seven years Giannis has been my keeper, but I traded him away this season. I took one lo

I definitely feel like this has a Hassan Whiteside/Bam Adebayo situation written all over it. Overpaid a stopgap center in the summer because they had money to spend, drafted a "underrated" big in the

He's been a dynasty stash for me. He's a real energy guy, always engaged. Maybe the only Piston that is always engaged this year.

"Beef" Stew is his nickname. He's already getting into the heads of Giannis and other big players. Someone you love to have on your team.

• Like 3

i grabbed him and then wrote this post, while not knowing Plumlee's injury timeline. The rookie already post good lines while getting minutes. 

Plumlee gets 22 min a game for his career. If Stewart plays well in his absence he'll deserve the more PT. 

• Like 1

This guy is really good and has a lot of potential

My only concern is Casey being a s**t coach and stubbornly riding with his “veterans". Took this guy forever to give Wood any meaningful playing time 

He is only a speculative add as we don’t know how long Plumlee is out. His injury may not be so serious as he sat out just before the tip-off. I think this is probably a similar story like Naz Reid. You add/drop him depends on availability of their starting C. 

Snatched him myself in a 14-teamer shortly after I learned about the injury to Plumlee. Funny enough it happened when a friend from my league  told me he was dubious about the Plumlee offer I made him earlier during the Pacers game & I just ran to the FA pool to add him. 

That said, the elbow bursitis Plumlee has isn't expected to keep him out long and I wouldn't be shocked to see if Casey just sticks with Plumlee the rest of the way.

The hope this year is that he will cut into Plumlee minutes and get around 20. Tanking odds of getting first pick is lower than previous years I think and it seems more teams tank less hard now. Also Plumlee will probably get rest whenever there is a scratch on him so to not risk anything.

The great thing about Beef Stew is that his game seems to translate to 32 minutes easily.

1 hour ago, sickrookie said:

He is only a speculative add as we don’t know how long Plumlee is out. His injury may not be so serious as he sat out just before the tip-off. I think this is probably a similar story like Naz Reid. You add/drop him depends on availability of their starting C. 

There's zero incentive to play Plumlee with any minor knock. Still don't understand what the point of signing Plumlee, Okafor and drafting Stewart was

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Still don't understand what the point of signing Plumlee, Okafor and drafting Stewart was

I mean, it gives em a decent C rotation for now (Plums/Okafor) and for the future (Stewart)

Well they struck gold signing Grant. Maybe they thought Plumlee had more game and thought what the hell I gotta burn salary. No idea really. 

Or maybe they looked at the next year draft and did not want to draft Mobley no matter what. 

1 hour ago, DonutGiveUp said:

There's zero incentive to play Plumlee with any minor knock. Still don't understand what the point of signing Plumlee, Okafor and drafting Stewart was

they signed Grant , so they were looking to atleast compete this year.

45 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

Well they struck gold signing Grant. Maybe they thought Plumlee had more game and thought what the hell I gotta burn salary. No idea really. 

Or maybe they looked at the next year draft and did not want to draft Mobley no matter what. 

Grant was fine he's still younger and always shown flashes when given minutes. Plumlee is 30+ and just another bad contract for a rebuilding team 

1 hour ago, alexstr said:

I mean, it gives em a decent C rotation for now (Plums/Okafor) and for the future (Stewart)

Or you know they could've paid that Wood fella I hear he's pretty good and had Stewart learn from him but it's the Pistons and they still think Griffin is a MVP candidate and Casey is Phil Jackson 2.0 

• Haha 2
4 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Or you know they could've paid that Wood fella I hear he's pretty good and had Stewart learn from him but it's the Pistons and they still think Griffin is a MVP candidate and Casey is Phil Jackson 2.0 

Dude if they signed Wood, steward would be rendered useless since Wood would be playing bulk of the minutes for years. Atleast with Plumlee, he’s a stop gap. Stewart can learn from him and start next season full time.

Edited by EsTiLO
22 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

The hope this year is that he will cut into Plumlee minutes and get around 20. Tanking odds of getting first pick is lower than previous years I think and it seems more teams tank less hard now. Also Plumlee will probably get rest whenever there is a scratch on him so to not risk anything.

The great thing about Beef Stew is that his game seems to translate to 32 minutes easily.

Only five of thirty starting NBA centers are averaging 32+ minutes per game this season, and Stew's foul rate would be the worst among them. It's probably too early to say his game "easily" translates to 32 minutes.

But I do think 20 minutes per game is a decent projection for the rest of the year, and he did show an ability to avoid foul trouble in college. I'll keep my eye on him.