NBC Sports Edge Forums

Isaiah Stewart 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I play in a league which allows for 1 keeper, and we have to have drafted that player as a rookie. For the last seven years Giannis has been my keeper, but I traded him away this season. I took one lo

I'm gonna staple this guys jersey to my chest 

14 minutes ago, jowell77 said:

I don't get why he got less minutes than Tyler Cook. Yes it's a blowout, but isn't the purpose of resting Plumlee is to give Stewart more experience?

Tyler Cook run don’t walk 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, DonutGiveUp said:

What was the point in drafting this stud and bringing in Plumlee to block him? And imagine he had a competent coach? 

Coach dont want stewart getting used to starter mins.  That belongs to plums.

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

Coach dont want stewart getting used to starter mins.  That belongs to plums.

Ugh this drives me nuts. A great 3 pt shooting, hard working, rookie. Part of the franchise future. He is waiting on some 30 year old that I doubt any team will give assets for...

Even with the minutes , he doesn’t put up great stat. You can blame Casey all you want but Stewart is not that good at this moment. He’s still young so he will improve. Plumlee has played much better then him this season. I’ve watched many Pistons game so I know.

13 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

Even with the minutes , he doesn’t put up great stat. You can blame Casey all you want but Stewart is not that good at this moment. He’s still young so he will improve. Plumlee has played much better then him this season. I’ve watched many Pistons game so I know.

Plumlee is also 12 years older. How is Stewart supposed to develop behind him? Made no sense drafting a big only to sign Plumlee when Pistons are clearly rebuilding 

1 minute ago, DonutGiveUp said:

Plumlee is also 12 years older. How is Stewart supposed to develop behind him? Made no sense drafting a big only to sign Plumlee when Pistons are clearly rebuilding 

You act like Stewart is projected to be some kind of all star or something, Pistons signing a vet big man isnt strange to me. He’s like 19 yrs old, it would be malpractice for the Pistons to not sign a capable big man to help Stewart out along. Plumlee is only like on a 1 year deal. Stewart should be ready to go next season. 

I play in a league which allows for 1 keeper, and we have to have drafted that player as a rookie. For the last seven years Giannis has been my keeper, but I traded him away this season. I took one look at Isaiah Stewart's shoulders, and I knew what I had to do. Isaiah Stewart is now my keeper, and Giannis is missing FTs for some other stupid team. This probably isn't a very helpful remark, but I want a record of it here on the internet so that I can come back to it years from now and show everyone how clever I am.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
2 minutes ago, EsTiLO said:

You act like Stewart is projected to be some kind of all star or something, Pistons signing a vet big man isnt strange to me. He’s like 19 yrs old, it would be malpractice for the Pistons to not sign a capable big man to help Stewart out along. Plumlee is only like on a 1 year deal. Stewart should be ready to go next season. 

There are many players who weren't projected to be anything in the NBA but are solid fantasy assets. Stewart has shown enough to be rostered. 

19 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

There are many players who weren't projected to be anything in the NBA but are solid fantasy assets. Stewart has shown enough to be rostered. 

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be rostered but people here are frustrated he’s not getting enough playing time but are looking past how young this guy is and his skill level. Not only that teams are not just going to have 1 big man on their roster, especially when said big man is not even old enough to drink.

yeah this guy needs more minutes otherwise a very low end C or use that spot as a streamer. If Plumlee is back and if there are indications he is going to start rest of the week, I may just drop Stewart. 

1 hour ago, EsTiLO said:

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be rostered but people here are frustrated he’s not getting enough playing time but are looking past how young this guy is and his skill level. Not only that teams are not just going to have 1 big man on their roster, especially when said big man is not even old enough to drink.

I think the frustration comes from seeing Stewart actually contributing given minutes, but is still only playing about 21 minutes a game. Pistons are going nowhere but yet they continue to start vet Plumlee (Although he is playing pretty solid). Look what OKC did with Horford. They're losing, tanking, and decided to give the young guys a run even though Horford was still balling. 

Stewart's per 36 is pretty good too for a rookie, so that's why we're all hoping he gets more burn RoS. 

1 hour ago, EsTiLO said:

Plumlee is on the 1st of a 3 year deal.

Prematurely dropped him, hope i don't get burned with 3 games left. Had to do it for Rubio. Might have to put a waiver claim back on Stewart when he clears. I'm screwed next few weeks with all those Embiid B2Bs. Someone's gotta pick up the slack.

I'm holding him playoffs are in 2 weeks and I just want to see where it goes. If it looks bleek ill drop for someone with a better floor or whoever is hot then. 

I'm loving what i'm seeing. I'm not going to make any projections like he will be the starter, but I think he'll get an increased share of the minutes as the season progresses - If he continue to play with this level of impact and energy

2 hours ago, indigorivers said:

I'm holding him playoffs are in 2 weeks and I just want to see where it goes. If it looks bleek ill drop for someone with a better floor or whoever is hot then. 

I'm loving what i'm seeing. I'm not going to make any projections like he will be the starter, but I think he'll get an increased share of the minutes as the season progresses - If he continue to play with this level of impact and energy

You would drop Clarke or Moses for him ?

54 minutes ago, Tomy said:

You would drop Clarke or Moses for him ?

That's a tough one, I'd probably hold onto both. Stewarts gonna be a rockier ride in terms of minutes. if plumlee goes down i'd probably drop clarke before moses if it meant picking up Stewart with a clean pathway to minutes

• Thanks 2