Isaiah Stewart 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm gonna staple this guys jersey to my chest 

I play in a league which allows for 1 keeper, and we have to have drafted that player as a rookie. For the last seven years Giannis has been my keeper, but I traded him away this season. I took one lo

I definitely feel like this has a Hassan Whiteside/Bam Adebayo situation written all over it. Overpaid a stopgap center in the summer because they had money to spend, drafted a "underrated" big in the

This guy is so good. Shut that bum Plumlee down and give Beef Stew free reign cause he's cookin'

He's gonna shoot up the draft boards next year

Two weeks ago I was choosing between him and Moses Brown. I know hindsight is 20/20, Moses even gave me a pair of binoculars in his last two games

Edited by ellejamil

I was wrong about this guy. I said clearly in here that this guy was fantasy gold in deep leagues. That's wrong. This guy is fantasy gold in all respectable leagues. 

Edited by Spyplane
  • Like 1

Somebody dropped him in our dynasty league Friday morning (before his 3 game double double stretch) and I absolutely JUMPED on him. What does everyone think his long ("LONG") term value is? I've read a lot about how his game isn't modern NBA friendly or his lack of explosiveness will be a hindrance. But he just seems like he can GET THE JOB DONE. And he's definitely added some things to his game in just his first season as a 19 year old. The 3 ball seems to be a work in progress, but a legit aspect of his game I can see developing well. Is he more of a Bam Adebayo/Nikola Jokic (not in skillset, but in terms of them "not fitting" the mold, but still performing well) or is he more of a Ante Zizic, where he looks good in stints, but ultimately his limitations catch up to him over the course of a season? Thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

24 minutes ago, FroButtons said:

Somebody dropped him in our dynasty league Friday morning (before his 3 game double double stretch) and I absolutely JUMPED on him. What does everyone think his long ("LONG") term value is? I've read a lot about how his game isn't modern NBA friendly or his lack of explosiveness will be a hindrance. But he just seems like he can GET THE JOB DONE. And he's definitely added some things to his game in just his first season as a 19 year old. The 3 ball seems to be a work in progress, but a legit aspect of his game I can see developing well. Is he more of a Bam Adebayo/Nikola Jokic (not in skillset, but in terms of them "not fitting" the mold, but still performing well) or is he more of a Ante Zizic, where he looks good in stints, but ultimately his limitations catch up to him over the course of a season? Thoughts/opinions would be appreciated.

That's just the scouting information before the season started.

Here is what I think:

NBA Career Projection: Starter

- Non Elite explosiveness (if you get a higher level you start touching on Zion type players). Has a tendency of over aggression leading to techs, which you love in today's NBA but is a negative. The guy you don't want to play against.

- Incredible motor. Works hard for everything he gets. On a 19 year old that's an A+ mentality (part of the reason I held on to Barrett) that is highly important in dynasty.

- Built like a tank. Have a feeling he is a durable player. Takes care of his body.

- Fantasy game CAN be NBA friendly. Small sample shooting 40% 3's but he has been looking smooth doing it. Off to a good start can't ask for more.

- Mobile and can contest 3pt shooters while being a factor in the paint.

- Not as long as some of the high upside bigs, but clearly tries very hard on defense and is a factor already this season. Does the little details.

- Not clear can be Bam or Jokic, STATS wise you are hoping for a guy like a Poeltl, lesser Drummond or lesser Gobert in that it's mostly rebs, stocks, and efficiency. He probably won't have the green light to be a distributor though at 19 anything is possible.

- FT % increases always highly possible until age 23 or so. Has time to get it right.

I hate the fact that Mason is in Detroit complicating things. Next year you will see Beef Stew starting taking over the starter position. The year after, Plumlee is traded on an expiring deal and Stew is the starter piece thereafter. Won't be a top tier Center probably, but what more can you ask for from a big???

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, FroButtons said:

His long term value is amazing.

Anyone stating his game doesn't fit the modern NBA hasn't done their homework. He can hit three outside, he did it in college and he's been greenlit to do it now with the Pistons when its there. He's hitting 42.5% of his three point attempts and so if he's a work in progress on the perimeter shooting, what's his ceiling there? 38% while starting to also take difficult shots beyond the arc (ie: Saddiq Bey)? 

He's high energy on the glass and defense and so he's going to get productive minutes even if his shot doesn't fall (which has not happened so far by the way).

His coach loves him, the beat writers loves him, he's only 19 and his teammates are already looking up to him as the tough high energy guy on the club. Detriot loves tough, blue collar grinders and so he fits the Pistons culture. That guy who dropped him in your league will be kicking himself for years to come.

• Like 2