NBC Sports Edge Forums

Isaiah Stewart 2020-2021 Outlook

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I play in a league which allows for 1 keeper, and we have to have drafted that player as a rookie. For the last seven years Giannis has been my keeper, but I traded him away this season. I took one lo

I'm gonna staple this guys jersey to my chest 

1 hour ago, falconish said:

Predictions on his ADP next year? If Plumlee is moved seeing him go 3rd-4th round wouldn't be a reach

Potential to average a double-double with 2+ blocks and possibly 1 3PTM, sign me up. He also has not even hit age 20, potential through the roof. (Boards/Blocks/3s/%s)

Edited by DezedandConfused

WTH happened to this guy??  Turnt into a big fat va jay jay overnight, what a disappointment!!!!! so much for seizing the opportunity with nobody else on the floor and showing the organization that drafted you that they made a mistake WTF? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Hangry Bird said:

WTH happened to this guy??  Turnt into a big fat va jay jay overnight, what a disappointment!!!!! so much for seizing the opportunity with nobody else on the floor and showing the organization that drafted you that they made a mistake WTF? 

Foul trouble..... Got 3 super early and had to sit. Hard to get into the flow if you're on the bench

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I was hoping that DET would get rid of Plumlee but good luck getting rid of his contract 

Plumlee is a stopgap center, Stewart is their franchise center in the making. Plumlee was signed to help Hayes transition with the screen game. Stewart and Plumlee also can play together for stretches with Stewart's ability to stretch the floor (shooting 33.9 % from 3 on 0.9 attempts this season). Jerami can slide to the 3 (32% at SF/68% at PF this season) with Stewart at the 4, and Plumlee at the 5. 

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Plumlee is a stopgap center, Stewart is their franchise center in the making. Plumlee was signed to help Hayes transition with the screen game. Stewart and Plumlee also can play together for stretches with Stewart's ability to stretch the floor (shooting 33.9 % from 3 on 0.9 attempts this season). Jerami can slide to the 3 (32% at SF/68% at PF this season) with Stewart at the 4, and Plumlee at the 5. 

I bet Plumlee still starts 65% of the games next season

• Like 3

I definitely feel like this has a Hassan Whiteside/Bam Adebayo situation written all over it. Overpaid a stopgap center in the summer because they had money to spend, drafted a "underrated" big in the middle of the draft, the big was ready to play much sooner than the organization thought.

Stewart earned his minutes this season, he'll force a timeshare next year, then in 2 years the Pistons will realize it's time to hand over the reigns and move on from Plumlee. EZ.

• Like 4
8 hours ago, falconish said:

I bet Plumlee still starts 65% of the games next season

Possibly, but the main point is Stewart is able to stretch the floor and their GM has said before the plan is to play both Stewart and Plumlee together in stretches. The question is who are they gonna draft (Cade Cunningham or Jalen Green). Detroit is looking set for the near future with their young core led by Grant. 

On 5/11/2021 at 2:06 PM, FroButtons said:

I definitely feel like this has a Hassan Whiteside/Bam Adebayo situation written all over it. Overpaid a stopgap center in the summer because they had money to spend, drafted a "underrated" big in the middle of the draft, the big was ready to play much sooner than the organization thought.

Stewart earned his minutes this season, he'll force a timeshare next year, then in 2 years the Pistons will realize it's time to hand over the reigns and move on from Plumlee. EZ.

Trades happen. Stewart is a special find for the Pistons. Contracts won't decide his minutes next season.

Stewart was top 30 in nine cat during the last 30 days. He does all the dirty work and posts numbers while doing it. He should be in for some really good minutes next season.

• 2 months later...

Luka Garza has something to say as well…

all jokes aside, detroit really had a good draft…i legit think if garza can shoot that thang, he’ll seriously threat stew for that starting spot regardless of his lack of defense