NBC Sports Edge Forums

Adalberto Mondesi 2021 Outlook

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’m sorry but the odds of Mondesi losing his job are slim to none.  Mondesi plays absolutely stud defense which should keep him in the lineup at a minimum.  There have been reports that the royals wan

Quit insulting 70 yr olds.

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, meh2 said:

If he reinjured his oblique this is going to be a death knell for many fantasy teams.

Nah. I figured most fantasy (like mine) have already figured out how to live without him.

8 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Nah. I figured most fantasy (like mine) have already figured out how to live without him.

I’m sure many can still overcome it, but I’m pretty sure none of my 5 teams are going to sniff first place if Mondesi misses over 75% of the season.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Exactly. My team has done quite well without him.

5 hours ago, billofwash said:

Well, we know for a fact that Buxton is a Twin.

Only part time. He mostly plays rehab games in the minors if he plays at all

Edited by mks
The Royals placed Mondesi on the 10-day injured list Monday with a strained left oblique.
ANALYSIS
Though Mondesi isn't dealing with an aggravation of the strained right oblique that sidelined him for nearly two months to begin the season, he'll still be forced to the IL for the third time in 2021 while tending to an injury to his other side. General manager Dayton Moore was unwilling to provide a timeline on Mondesi's return when he met with the media earlier Monday, so the 25-year-old looks like he could be at major risk of spending longer than the minimum amount of time on the shelf. 

https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.php?id=12800

5 minutes ago, PinstripeGM said:
The Royals placed Mondesi on the 10-day injured list Monday with a strained left oblique.
ANALYSIS
Though Mondesi isn't dealing with an aggravation of the strained right oblique that sidelined him for nearly two months to begin the season, he'll still be forced to the IL for the third time in 2021 while tending to an injury to his other side. General manager Dayton Moore was unwilling to provide a timeline on Mondesi's return when he met with the media earlier Monday, so the 25-year-old looks like he could be at major risk of spending longer than the minimum amount of time on the shelf. 

https://www.rotowire.com/baseball/player.php?id=12800

''looks like he could be at major risk of spending longer than the minimum amount of time on the shelf'.  No shi*, Sherlock.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, meh2 said:

See you in 2 months…..

In August, he will stun doctors by injuring a previously undiscovered 3rd oblique.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
3 hours ago, billofwash said:

Talking about Mondesi or his owners?

Hey, I was able to grab Crawford at least. The Giants have been a fantasy blessing for all of the early round bombs this year

Mondesi is another great buy-low option right now. A risk, for sure....but we've seen what hes capable of when hes healthy and you may be able to find an owner who needs production NOW. I feel like a slightly above average INF/SP combo might be able to get the job done.