NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Jonathan Taylor 2021 Outlook

Coming into the season the only question about JT was the fact that Mack was still there. 

Then Mack went down and he was going to the RB1 the rest of the way...

We know how that turned out.  Complete garbage until Week 11 or so.  Then he went insane, probably winning many fantasy championships.  

He did still lose some goal line work to Hines but the O-Line should still be strong and Mack is gone.

Maybe the biggest challenge is that there is no QB in Indy right now.  It sounds like they are one  of the 2 top teams for Wentz so maybe that helps...maybe. 

QB's the only thing i'm presently worried about, but Reich seems able to maximize his passers lately at least.   They're not likely to have a premier QB at this point as they're not gonna get Watson, and anyone else is a maybe, truthfully, but the roster is so strong that they likely can do just fine with the offense going through Taylor.

One thing I'm liking for him is the division.  The Texans are going to probably be the worst team in the league.  Titans aren't going to air raid it out.  Jags will have Lawrence but I'm not too concerned just yet with their overall offense.  At least 6 games with medium to positive game scripts for running the ball for Taylor. 

• Like 2

On 2/14/2021 at 10:23 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

This cat is going to be drafted late 1st, early 2nd.  

Will he be worth it?

Depending on what the Colts do at the QB position, and with the way he finished the 2020 campaign, I could see Taylor being a top 5 pick come FF draft season.

53 minutes ago, The G Man said:

Depending on what the Colts do at the QB position, and with the way he finished the 2020 campaign, I could see Taylor being a top 5 pick come FF draft season.

Hmm, I think Top 5 would be pretty aggressive.  

Give me CMC, Kamara, Cook, Henry, Barkley all before him at the position. 

On 2/15/2021 at 2:37 PM, GottaGetTheWin said:

Hmm, I think Top 5 would be pretty aggressive.  

Give me CMC, Kamara, Cook, Henry, Barkley all before him at the position. 

My league just had our lottery, and I have the 6th pick in my Non-PPR 12-Team Re-Draft for 2021. I love it because JT is the guy I want to have @ 6, but I'd obviously have to be ecstatic if one of those 5 fell to me. 

• oswald737 changed the title to Jonathan Taylor 2021 Season Outlook
  • DarinB300 featured and unfeatured this topic

If Wentz can have any type of presence to get the ball down field I'm really like Taylor this year.  My biggest concern was that teams would stack the box with no Colts QB(and that may still be the case) but if Wentz can show anything there should be some good lanes for Taylor. 

I was also worried about them going with a rookie QB or something, which would've really hurt his value. I think Wentz is the realistic best outcome as a Taylor holder, and he should  be competent enough to not hurt him, although I do wonder how much he dumps off to RBs. 

49 minutes ago, trilly said:

I was also worried about them going with a rookie QB or something, which would've really hurt his value. I think Wentz is the realistic best outcome as a Taylor holder, and he should  be competent enough to not hurt him, although I do wonder how much he dumps off to RBs. 

Not too worried about him dumping down since that's not really Taylor's best strength as it is.  We just need him to competent as you said.  Just keep them from stacking 7 in the box.  I agree, he's probably best case scenario for the options they had. 

I would much rather draft Taylor as opposed to McCaffrey.

Taylor is bigger and stronger and plays on a better team with a better line.

McCaffrey has been getting hurt with frightening regularity.

I'll take Taylor.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SharkSwimmer said:

I would much rather draft Taylor as opposed to McCaffrey.

Taylor is bigger and stronger and plays on a better team with a better line.

McCaffrey has been getting hurt with frightening regularity.

I'll take Taylor.

We'll see if 2020 becomes the norm for him or just an outlier.  Never missed a game until this year.  

Dr. Edwin Porras, a well-respected injury analyst in the fantasy football community, had the following insights regarding McCaffrey:

An example of a player who may have sustained a quad strain due to the up and down nature of practice-game-rehab is Christian McCaffrey, which is why I’m bullish on him staying healthy in 2021. For example, McCaffrey has been a warrior playing in almost every game in college and in the NFL. In 2020, he sustained a contact injury (high ankle sprain) that was unavoidable and common among running backs. Then he returned and suffered yet another one of those same unavoidable injuries. At that point, the stud RB had gone from an abbreviated camp, to game, to rehab, back to a game. His workloads were insanely volatile. As a response, his body (more than likely) wasn’t able to handle the unseen levels of physical volatility and he strained a muscle. This shouldn’t be an issue in 2021.”

• Like 2

On 2/28/2021 at 10:08 AM, SharkSwimmer said:

I don't think Taylor is making it to round 2 in most leagues.  Now that Wentz is a Colt, Taylor's stock should only appreciate.

I agree with this all day but, Colts could've signed Fitzmagic and I still would've taken Taylor in round 1.

• Like 2

• tonycpsu changed the title to Jonathan Taylor 2021 Outlook