NBC Sports Edge Forums

42 minutes ago, Magoo said:

5/6 starts hitting makes him totally worth it in weekly (at least hitting of course). Guys arguably a top 30 hitter already. 

He has 1 hit, 4ks and an OBP of .111, the potential is there, but he's ranked #390 in my format at the moment. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn’t think of a more useless nugget of information than a player’s fantasy ranking after two games of a season.

Shohei is another player that brings FUN back to watching baseball. Of course the sport itself is fun for (presumably) us all to watch, but it's easy to get caught up in stats, or pushing for our team

If that happens ... Yahoo will probably make Othani the third.  .. Util Othani SP Othani RP Othani 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

He has 1 hit, 4ks and an OBP of .111, the potential is there, but he's ranked #390 in my format at the moment. 

To clarify: I think the hitting skills project him out to be a top-30-40 hitter for the season as opposed to two games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Magoo said:

To clarify: I think the hitting skills project him out to be a top-30-40 hitter for the season as opposed to two games.

Yeah, he's got the skills and hope that is how it unfolds. He just needs to be in the lineup most days to get to that projection, not just 4 days a week like in previous seasons. If he hits tonight, that will be a great sign. 

24 minutes ago, CardiacDO said:

I couldn’t think of a more useless nugget of information than a player’s fantasy ranking after two games of a season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, meh2 said:

It was in response to the guy above saying he's a top 30 hitter already. But admittedly, I did set that up on a tee for you 

Edited by CardiacDO

Sorry everyone, made a post about 2 games, post was a misunderstanding.  Ohtani is my guy and I love him,  not trying to judge him after 2 games, but I appreciate all the corrections. 

Edited by CardiacDO
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, ryno1980 said:

That bomb off Hendricks last night was impressive. He looks stronger overall. Hopefully that carries over to help him on the mound. 

He uses "leverage" as well as anyone I can remember. Doesn't seem like he squares up most of his HR's, but man does he get leverage and lift on his swing!

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Pitching and hitting tomorrow night per maddon. After a few of these I’ll feel like selling high

Why would him hitting / pitching in the same game allow you to sell high? It's not like any leagues allow you to use him in both spots at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Because he can’t do this all season I think he would wear down at some point 

Wouldn’t that mean he’s constantly getting on base?

4 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

That’s where the sell high comes in 

In that case at least wait a bit before selling until he keeps getting on base regularly, no?

I have him in at UT in a weekly lineup league..I should get his stats tomorrow.  i won't get his pitching stats since he's in my UT spot, but why shouldn't I get his hitting stats?

31 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

I have him in at UT in a weekly lineup league..I should get his stats tomorrow.  i won't get his pitching stats since he's in my UT spot, but why shouldn't I get his hitting stats?

You should if he’s in your lineup. Even in a daily league, I should be able to use him at UT and not pitcher. He’s risky on the mound and want to see how he looks first 

Might be droppable if you've got the pitcher only version. He'll never hit the IL in real life for most pitching issues due to his batting. Double whammy.