NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is verifiably false considering Tannehill's TD rates Points 1 and 4 sound like what I heard last offseason--rEgReSiOn: "no way Ryan Tannehill is actually good" Not buying it Point

AJ Brown is what you HOPE Chase can become in a couple seasons.

....no Seriously do not sell AJ Brown in dynasty lmao. I love Jamarr Chase but AJ Brown is what I hope he becomes

1 hour ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

He is a man amongst men.  The only question about him is volume. 

Davis and Smith might both be gone.  Thoughts on 2021?  Will he get enough to get to the next level? 

I’d bet he does - the Titans know what a beast he is, and you give him a full season of health, and presumably somewhat less reliance on rushing Henry, and some turnover at WR/TE, and he’s an auto-WR1 - despite less than ideal volume.

I'm in for sure.  I admit it's no sure thing, especially with an OC change, but he looks purely unstoppable at times.  He makes the most out what he's given target wise, so his floor should be high, and he has the talent to become one of the league's best in fantasy and real life.    Love the floor, love the potential, gimme gimme gimme.   

13 hours ago, BrianM said:

I'm in for sure.  I admit it's no sure thing, especially with an OC change, but he looks purely unstoppable at times.  He makes the most out what he's given target wise, so his floor should be high, and he has the talent to become one of the league's best in fantasy and real life.    Love the floor, love the potential, gimme gimme gimme.   

So where would you take him?  Not sure where his current early ADP is, but what round would you be comfortable pulling the trigger? 

• 1 month later...

Wow, no Corey Davis or Jonnu Smith to compete with targets now. Coming off a 70/1075/11 line while missing 2 games on 2 bum knees. I’m sure they bring in competition for targets, but has anyone else’s fantasy stocks risen this much so far? 

The Titans are obviously going to replace Jonnu and Davis before the season starts. Week 1 they will have a starting TE and a WR lining up opposite AJ.

It helps that Brown will be the only legit target who has familiarity with Tanny, but other players will be there to get targets too. 

I'd say if he isn't going to see an increase in targets now, he never will. That being said, he's been a stud for me the last 2 seasons and I'm betting he sees a nice bump in opportunities. Will be interesting to see how much his efficiency gets impacted and I hope he stays healthy bc he's fun as hell to watch.

Happy to see Corey Davis go.  Seemed like every time I watched a Titans game, Corey Davis was getting the ball and not AJ.  I think he will be about a top 25 pick next year.  Which probably puts him in the same tier as Keenan Allen or Allen Robinson.  He's certainly more explosive than those two, the only question is volume.  Keenan and Allen can be target hogs, so in PPR I might favor one of them.

• Like 1

I'm prepared to take him at 18. Probably the ceiling, no? I'm actually worried that once the "Tennessee lost this many targets from last years team" hype train starts I won't get him in my league.

1 hour ago, BrianM said:

So we're all fans and should be.   How high is too high?

Depends on his targets. If he gets double digit targets more games than not he could be WR1. If he stays in that 6-8 range that he had been then probably what you saw the last 2 years. 

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, GottaGetTheWin said:

Depends on his targets. If he gets double digit targets more games than not he could be WR1. If he stays in that 6-8 range that he had been then probably what you saw the last 2 years. 

I'm not even sure he needs that much. He was WR11 in 2020 (.5 PPR); but that was on 14 games. If he stays healthy and gets 1 target more per game we're already talking about 90/1400/many and potentially a top3 finish.

I'm not the one for hyping players, but that makes my old heart beat a bit faster.

On 3/17/2021 at 6:07 PM, Boudewijn said:

I'm not even sure he needs that much. He was WR11 in 2020 (.5 PPR); but that was on 14 games. If he stays healthy and gets 1 target more per game we're already talking about 90/1400/many and potentially a top3 finish.

I'm not the one for hyping players, but that makes my old heart beat a bit faster.

I believe the counter point is that he was uber efficient with those reduced targets correct? Couldn’t he become less efficient and the targets remain about the same?

• Like 1
On 3/17/2021 at 5:36 PM, BrianM said:

So we're all fans and should be.   How high is too high?

Smoke it if you got it, but don’t go  Barneys  coffee shop Amsterdam’s Hawaiian haze high

my league snake was high on hi, last year, I’m gonna snipe him this year, just gotta get my set forget known blue hip first second rounder before

Edited by 1972Miamidolphins
9 hours ago, devaster said:

I believe the counter point is that he was uber efficient with those reduced targets correct? Couldn’t he become less efficient and the targets remain about the same?

Uber efficient is an understatement. If Brown keeps up his efficiency, he'll be the greatest WR of all time.

People always get excited about available targets, but Brown owners should be praying they draft a weapon early. They have almost no other viable pass catchers on the roster, so expect double coverage on every snap if they don't get help. 

2 hours ago, ajs723 said:

Uber efficient is an understatement. If Brown keeps up his efficiency, he'll be the greatest WR of all time.

People always get excited about available targets, but Brown owners should be praying they draft a weapon early. They have almost no other viable pass catchers on the roster, so expect double coverage on every snap if they don't get help. 

The only saving grace on this thought is teams will have to focus a lot of resources on Henry.  A strong play action should freeze the safety and open 1 on 1 against the CB...hopefully 

• tonycpsu changed the title to AJ Brown 2021 Outlook