NBC Sports Edge Forums

Javier Baez value dynasty league trade help

16 team league. 6x6 H2H.  Dynasty, keep forever.  25 man roster 30 man minors.  Pitching is fine on my roster.  Hitting needs help.  I don't have much there and can pretty much shuffle guys into the lineup with my utility spot being pretty much vacant.  I have Tatis and Baez. Baez now locked into just SS is forcing me to move him.  Thoughts on these offers

Gallo + Duvall

Mitch Keller + Kyle Kopech

Biggio + Josh Bell

Urshela + Soler

Ohtani + Austin Riley

Franmil Reyes + Dozier

WHIR!

Edited by Sternes
3 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Id rather have Biggio over Baez 1-1 in a keeper so I like that deal.

What would be your #2 and #3 offers?  Or should I hold for that and keep Baez otherwise?  These offers have all been in chat/email vs officially offered.  Just trying to anticipate someone getting cold feet.

Stay put with Windy city & keep all of you're other offensive players to, next counter offer & move every mt ya got for only all of those other owners power. 

Edited by Rush2112

They all have their merits(except Keller deal) to improve O.Really need more info like who steps right into starting slots.Reyes,Soler,and Ohtani all could be Ut. only under some settings.Do you get Ohtani P as well?I'll say follow gut on Biggio especially if Bell comparable to current 1B.Urshela deal looks good too if your set to compete now.Dozier appears set to add 3B to 1B and OF eligibility. but I am a little leery of both he and Reyes and fear at least one will be a whiff on your part.Duvall should be OK starting season but will platoon and some talented kids loom.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, PhilFan said:

They all have their merits(except Keller deal) to improve O.Really need more info like who steps right into starting slots.Reyes,Soler,and Ohtani all could be Ut. only under some settings.Do you get Ohtani P as well?I'll say follow gut on Biggio especially if Bell comparable to current 1B.Urshela deal looks good too if your set to compete now.Dozier appears set to add 3B to 1B and OF eligibility. but I am a little leery of both he and Reyes and fear at least one will be a whiff on your part.Duvall should be OK starting season but will platoon and some talented kids loom.

My UT spot is open which would allow them to get in the lineup.   The only other players on roster that are good in the hitting department are Muncy, Happ, and of course Tatis.  The first two are eligible all over and will let me shuffle around lineups easily.  Ohtani is one player in my league.  My thinking was to get an upgrade for Baez who could play UT and hopefully another position AND another player to fill a roster spot. Baez is currently in the UT spot and unless he got 2B eligibility, he is stuck there.

I'm not seeing anything here that compels me to move now, but @HOOTIE's order is correct. 

3 wrinkles:

1. Baez had a relatively down 2020, and his value will likely recover some this year. In the meantime, you'd only have to "suffer" him in UTIL in a 16 team league where some poor sap will be playing me at SS because you have two of the best. Patience is A-OK here.
  2. If Ohtani has that SP-UTIL juju for himself here, I'd be OK putting him over Biggio/Bell and getting the competitive advantage he yields. It depends on your format though. In my leagues, he's two different players, so it's really all over the place.
  3. I'm really, really down on Biggio. I'm a Blue Jays fan, and I don't think he can hit the best fastballs. I think he drops off of a cliff when people realize he's more patient because he has to be. I don't understand how advance scouting isn't killing him. If I took Biggio/Bell, I'd want to find the true believers in Biggio's mirage ASAP--like the poster above who would take him over Baez! You want to target that guy and resell him ASAP. Most people don't make a deal that necessitates a second one, but if I net Bell + a legit 3rd rounder type player in an annual league, that's valuable enough to at least consider not just hanging onto Baez.

If I were you, I'd just keep him for now unless you benefit so much by having Ohtani as a P and a UTIL that you'd be foolish to not grab him while you have the chance.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1