NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keston Hiura 2021 Outlook

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

????    Story's first 670 PAs: .253/.328/.503  .352 wOBA  32.5 K  9.2 BB    38 HRs 10 SB Hiura's career 670 PAs: .253/.330/.476  .340 wOBA  32.8 K  7.0 BB  33 HRs 13 SB. Story was a whi

As I suspected they used the short minor stint to make some tweaks.    

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

The kid needs to spend the ROS in the minors and focus solely on making better contact.  

Yeah, the Brewers need to send him down for an extended period instead of getting blinded by a .400 average in a brief minor league stint. The kid can obviously mash first pitch fastballs from minor league talent but still manages to strike out 30%+ of the time. 

• Like 2

My goodness. It’s almost as if the one week stint in AAA wasn’t sufficient. This guy needs an EXTENDED stay in the minors to rework everything.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

My goodness. It’s almost as if the one week stint in AAA wasn’t sufficient. This guy needs an EXTENDED stay in the minors to rework everything.

This post would have more impact I’d everyone hadn’t given up on him already 

• Haha 2
15 minutes ago, kwelch said:

Let's hope it's not another "get right mashing AAA pitching for a week" type thing for him.  Not that I am rooting against Hiura, but he probably really needs the rest of the season down there to rework his swing, or something.

• Like 1

Hope he gets an extended stay and figures things out. Right now it feels like this could be the last post for this season and the first one next year will be, "this guy could really use a change of scenery..."

5 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

Let's hope it's not another "get right mashing AAA pitching for a week" type thing for him.  Not that I am rooting against Hiura, but he probably really needs the rest of the season down there to rework his swing, or something.

Yep, another short stint like that could ruin him mentally if he comes back and struggles. They really need to figure it out what isn't translating to the bigs for him. It's like Brandon Woods all over again.

On 4/9/2021 at 11:24 AM, 89Topps said:

Goodness.  I hope it's an 8 team league.

Also funny you dropped him the day after he hit a 100 mph double and scored a run.

On 4/9/2021 at 12:33 PM, SwayzeExpress said:

Maybe its a worstball league and he was hoping he'd go 0-500

hate to say I told you so. How long of a leash did you guys end up giving him?🤣

• Like 1
4 hours ago, AdamPA1006 said:

You drafted him. So, jokes on you I guess.

• Haha 4
On 6/9/2021 at 7:05 PM, AdamPA1006 said:

Funny you should say that, he's still on my team. Our setup is weird (awesome) so he's still in my minors.

I really don't see any choice but to call him back up at this point. Vogey is hitting the IL--for likely an extended period. There are no other options besides a trade...they just DFA'd Derek Fisher and Zach Green has been awful in AAA recently. Hiura hit 2 HRs in a game a few days ago and is at: .375/.490/.575 with a 9BB/13K in the month of June. Sink or swim time...again

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I really don't see any choice but to call him back up at this point. Vogey is hitting the IL--for likely an extended period. There are no other options besides a trade...they just DFA'd Derek Fisher and Zach Green has been awful in AAA recently. Hiura hit 2 HRs in a game a few days ago and is at: .375/.490/.575 with a 9BB/13K in the month of June. Sink or swim time...again

...can we bet on “sink”?

Just now, BMcP said:

...can we bet on “sink”?

Yeah I am certainly not overly optimistic. Dude can hit (minor leagues, for certain)...just has the sort of discipline that leaves much to be desired...but maybe this time (x lots) is the charm? I would watch though...

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, meh2 said:

Batting 6th against Caleb Smith and the DBacks today. 

I’m ready to get hurt again.

tumblr_nx9o1jF0J61r8kesco3_640.gif&f=1&n

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 hours ago, meh2 said:

image.jpeg.4663a74a31e2d2cdeff71f14769efba8.jpeg

I disagree with this strategy is fantasy baseball. Players that have disappointed more than 2 times generally come at significant discounts compared to the first time, and often with the same upside.

• Like 3

I have him in a dynasty and right now his trade value ain't so hot. The worst that can happen is he sucks for a few weeks and gets demoted again after Vogelbach is healthy. Actually that might be the likeliest outcome. But just maybe he can suck it up and find his way this time.

36 minutes ago, brockpapersizer said:

I disagree with this strategy is fantasy baseball. Players that have disappointed more than 2 times generally come at significant discounts compared to the first time, and often with the same upside.

Agreed. I wasn’t trying to impart any sage advice. It was just a joke that was terrible. I do think there’s something to be said about counting on a player that has already failed twice in a season, but even then I’ve added Hiura in 10 leagues so I’m not even following that.

• Like 1

He feels...normal. Hope that's a good thing.

Does mention at the end 'the normal' is what he's been 'searching for about a year or so.'

Edited by PhilaFanBoy
1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

Buy the ******** dip.

• Like 1