NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keston Hiura 2021 Outlook

4 hours ago, AdamPA1006 said:

Dropped.

Goodness.  I hope it's an 8 team league.

Also funny you dropped him the day after he hit a 100 mph double and scored a run.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

????    Story's first 670 PAs: .253/.328/.503  .352 wOBA  32.5 K  9.2 BB    38 HRs 10 SB Hiura's career 670 PAs: .253/.330/.476  .340 wOBA  32.8 K  7.0 BB  33 HRs 13 SB. Story was a whi

As I suspected they used the short minor stint to make some tweaks.    

1 hour ago, 89Topps said:

Goodness.  I hope it's an 8 team league.

Also funny you dropped him the day after he hit a 100 mph double and scored a run.

Maybe its a worstball league and he was hoping he'd go 0-500

If I recall, his strikeout rates start off really high and then tend to settle down after awhile.  He really decreased his rate in the minors and it really decreased over the second half of spring training (sss there I know.)  I can't believe he's being dropped already, but I also think that starting literally anyone else if possible is the way to go for now.

Hiura has a hole in his swing and pitchers are exploiting it to nth degree. Combine this with a clear confidence issue with Hiura... he's tough to roster right now. I have faith a quality hitter like him will eventually figure it out, but this year may be a write-off. 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, NoHablaIngles said:

Hiura has a hole in his swing and pitchers are exploiting it to nth degree. Combine this with a clear confidence issue with Hiura... he's tough to roster right now. I have faith a quality hitter like him will eventually figure it out, but this year may be a write-off. 

I would really argue that it’s tough to roster him.  Even with a career worst k% and .babip, he’ll still get some really good counting stats.  I’d say it’s tough to start him though.  Hopefully in time he will make the necessary adjustments.  You can drop him for what?  A guy that will hit 30 points better than him? You’ll have to make up the 20 hrs and/or whatever else.  May as well hope for the improvement and upside, even if he likely will be a bit of a draft day bust.

• Haha 1
  • tonycpsu locked this topic
  • tonycpsu unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

I'll be fading him in re-drafts until he takes that Brandon Lowe like growth in making more contact.

Which I fully believe he can do, so he's a solid hold in dynasty. When he does take that step, he will become a hitting monster IMO. Just don't see that happening this year unless he gets demoted and he has the freedom to experiment with changes.  You'll just get a low BA HR hitter until then.

2 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

I'll be fading him in re-drafts until he takes that Brandon Lowe like growth in making more contact.

Which I fully believe he can do, so he's a solid hold in dynasty. When he does take that step, he will become a hitting monster IMO. Just don't see that happening this year unless he gets demoted and he has the freedom to experiment with changes.  You'll just get a low BA HR hitter until then.

Needs to hit HRs to be a HR hitter. Can't believe I held this long in 10 teamer. Way past due to be dropped.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

He’s hitting .103 after today’s 0-3 effort.  And I’m still starting every day, hoping for the best.  But this is awfully sad.  

Watched the game today, and it was a bit encouraging. I didn’t see his 4th PA, but he hit the ball well in his first two. His first PA was a liner right at the CF, hit it on the button. His second PA was a well hit ball up the middle, but Baez made a phenomenal play on it. His third, he drew the walk. 

On 4/10/2021 at 10:10 AM, NoHablaIngles said:

this year may be a write-off. 

It's still April. Guess we better write off Story, Ozuna, Albies, Lindor, and Bellinger too

I don’t understand what he’s doing with his leg kick.  When he first came up it was MUCH more subtle and his swing was almost identical to trouts.  Now he is started the leg kick before the ball comes out and basically waiting on one leg for the ball the come to him.  Doesn’t let his body react naturally to pitch location or speed.  I own him everywhere and actually want him to get sent down to work on his **** because he’s clearly not making progress right now

9 hours ago, cs3 said:

It's still April. Guess we better write off Story, Ozuna, Albies, Lindor, and Bellinger too

spacer.png

Something tells me none of the guys on that list have Hiura's track record of absolutely not being able to make contact at a respectable rate. He's going to have to make some massive adjustments at the plate to not be a triple slash blackhole. He has some of the worst zone contact and swinging strike rates I have ever seen.

Edited by KrunK
On 4/24/2021 at 11:00 AM, KrunK said:

spacer.png

Something tells me none of the guys on that list have Hiura's track record of absolutely not being able to make contact at a respectable rate. He's going to have to make some massive adjustments at the plate to not be a triple slash blackhole. He has some of the worst zone contact and swinging strike rates I have ever seen.

In fairness, people were trashing Trevor Story at this point his career too.

• Thanks 1

Seems really hard to believe he isn't optioned or phantom IL'd in a few weeks. Don't see how the Brewers sit around and watch this. Props to him for having dirt on someone to keep getting these prime lineup spots, though.

2 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

In fairness, people were trashing Trevor Story at this point his career too.

My favorite part about this forum.... people comparing Keston Hiura to Trevor Story...

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, mudrummer said:

My favorite part about this forum.... people comparing Keston Hiura to Trevor Story...

You might not have been present to witness the constant debates between those who were convinced Story was too undisciplined of a hitter to amount to anything and those who believed in him.  Epic dimensions.

• Like 1