NBC Sports Edge Forums

Tua Tagovailoa 2021 Outlook

41 minutes ago, The G Man said:

That's pretty good BMcP. I like it. My turn...

I would definitely trade out of 1.3 if I can. I want more draft picks. Carolina at #8 makes a lot of sense for both teams. At #8 I think I can still get a blue chip prospect.

As a general rule I would build through the draft, not FA. And, focus on building both lines (build from the trenches out). The recent trade for I. Wilson could pay HUGE dividends. Can't take any credit for it, but I'm definitely pulling for him to get his head right.

Some real good RB's are gonna be available. I should have my pick at #18 (Harris or Eitenne), and #36 (Etienne or J. Williams). I'm drafting one of them to go along with Gaskins. I'm not signing A. Jones (assuming he doesn't get tagged). He's gonna cost too much, and I like Gaskins.

I like Golladay, so I'd be exploring that possibility. But, I'm not spending big in FA. I can get W. Fuller or C. Davis cheaper, and they're both a year younger.

And, I'm bringing Fitzy back (assuming he doesn't retire or get a starting gig elsewhere)! It's still Tua's job, but if he can't get it done, we're rolling with The Beard!!!

Agree with most everything here except I think chances of Fitzy back in Miami are slim. Assuming they do go with Tua I don't think they'd want to put him in a position where fans are clamoring for the backup after he starts out with a couple bad games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rodgers went to Cal and was nationally ranked (please don't tell me his time at Butte is what made him a superstar), Wilson finished up at Wisconsin - not sure what your definition is of a big school?

I do - provided full health, I’d expect Tua to go from murdering the value of his chief weapons to elevating them to valuable fantasy assets.

that is the correct way to say it.    

1 hour ago, Joe Mama said:

Agree with most everything here except I think chances of Fitzy back in Miami are slim. Assuming they do go with Tua I don't think they'd want to put him in a position where fans are clamoring for the backup after he starts out with a couple bad games.

Agreed - no chance Fitzy goes back there after how he felt they’d jilted him by suddenly replacing him with Tua without any advance notice in the midst of a playoff bid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, BMcP said:

Agreed - no chance Fitzy goes back there after how he felt they’d jilted him by suddenly replacing him with Tua without any advance notice in the midst of a playoff bid.

That too. Doesn’t work for either side.

13 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

11 hours ago, BMcP said:

While you're both probably right, and I kinda added it at the last minute tongue 'n cheek, I still think it could work. And, if Tua can't deal with the pressure of a near 40 year old back-up  QB, then he ain't the answer. Whether or not Fitzy would want to come back, well...that's another story.

To your point however, perhaps the smarter move would be to draft another QB if a good one falls to #18 or #36 or even #50. It looks like a good and potentially deep QB class, so that's certainly an option.

Bottom line: Miami's gotta find the long term answer at QB to become a legitimate contender.

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Joe Mama said:

That too. Doesn’t work for either side.

If it's Miami or retire for Fitz, then I think he'll swallow his pride and return to Miami.  At least there it's a decent team with a realistic chance of him getting starting action during the season if Tua falls on his face. The only other places where he will even sniff the chance to start are either mismanaged pits of despair like the Jets, have god awful coaching like the Bears, or are devoid of weapons like the Pats. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jumper said:

If it's Miami or retire for Fitz, then I think he'll swallow his pride and return to Miami.  At least there it's a decent team with a realistic chance of him getting starting action during the season if Tua falls on his face. The only other places where he will even sniff the chance to start are either mismanaged pits of despair like the Jets, have god awful coaching like the Bears, or are devoid of weapons like the Pats. 

He’ll have other opportunities 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Joe Mama said:

He’ll have other opportunities 

I hope so, he's fun to watch and root for in real life football, a big rollercoaster if he's in your starting lineup for fantasy. 

5 hours ago, The G Man said:

Took some heat in here the other day for suggesting this very same thing. But, I still say it's a possibility, and one I'd be very happy to see happen:

He should be the starter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He should be the starter. 

Hard to argue with that based on the way he played last season. But, they have to give Tua every chance to succeed (and fail too). Fitz would just give them a fall back, whether in game (like a relief pitcher) or in season should Tua fall flat on his face or get injured.

JMHO...

3 hours ago, BMcP said:

Sorry to hear the Isaiah Wilson news, G Man.

Me too BMcP. Sounds like he's just not right in the head. Damn shame 'cause the talent's there. Oh well, plenty of picks to add to the Oline in the draft, and hoping for some improvement going from year #1 to #2 for the rooks from last season (Jackson, Hunt & Kindley). The Oline should be better this season.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Me too BMcP. Sounds like he's just not right in the head. Damn shame 'cause the talent's there. Oh well, plenty of picks to add to the Oline in the draft, and hoping for some improvement going from year #1 to #2 for the rooks from last season (Jackson, Hunt & Kindley). The Oline should be better this season.

they certainly did not attempt to add any FA veterans to bolster the Oline.

🤔

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

🤔

No love for Skura?

1 hour ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

🤔

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

No love for Skura?

They let their center from last year (Karras) walk in FA. They were rumored to be trying to sign Andrews (C, NE), but that didn't happen. They then signed Skura (C, Balt) which feels more like a fallback plan.

I've seen Creed Humphrey's name floated around a bit. 

13 minutes ago, The G Man said:

They let their center from last year (Karras) walk in FA. They were rumored to be trying to sign Andrews (C, NE), but that didn't happen. They then signed Skura (C, Balt) which feels more like a fallback plan.

I've seen Creed Humphrey's name floated around a bit. 

It does look like they’re interesting in building the line via the draft - and it’s a good one to exploit.  Andrews seemed like he had his heart set on going back to NE.  There are also still multiple O-line options available in FA.

25 minutes ago, BMcP said:

It does look like they’re interesting in building the line via the draft - and it’s a good one to exploit.  Andrews seemed like he had his heart set on going back to NE.  There are also still multiple O-line options available in FA.

It looks like they are trying to rebuild the line (both of 'em really) through the draft, which is good. That's how you do it. Just takes a little time. Jackson and Hunt should be better in their second season.

Who's your team BMcP? The WFT?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, The G Man said:

It looks like they are trying to rebuild the line (both of 'em really) through the draft, which is good. That's how you do it. Just takes a little time. Jackson and Hunt should be better in their second season.

Who's your team BMcP? The WFT?

I’ve had a few affiliations over the years - WFT included.  No matter what I’m happy to see them finally getting back on track.  (Though I must admit to having been a lifelong Yanks fan - surprise!)

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I’ve had a few affiliations over the years - WFT included.  No matter what I’m happy to see them finally getting back on track.  (Though I must admit to having been a lifelong Yanks fan - surprise!)

Well, enjoy watching Fitzy play this season then. He's fun as hell to watch.

Did you see the throw he made against the Raiders last season? UFB.

Fear the Beard baby!!!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I know!  Amazing!  But I think you are going to (eventually) fall in love with Tua!

Hope so. I got my doubts, but hopin' for the best.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Even with the possible O-Line questions, I was not impressed with what I saw last season.  Particularly, since addition to having him, I also had Parker and Williams.

I seemed to only enjoy the fruits of their labor when Fitzpatrick was at the helm (Particularly, Parker’s).

I can’t find any reason to believe he’ll do significantly better than the previous year.

DND or pickup for me, and I’m rooting for his success.

Edited by nn4mz
  • Haha 1