NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jeff McNeil 2021 Outlook

With Cano out of the picture, are we looking at the starting 2B for the Mets? If not, what will be his role, how many AB's ? In a lot of leagues he is eligible at 2B,3B, and OF.

8 minutes ago, Topgun said:

With Cano out of the picture, are we looking at the starting 2B for the Mets? If not, what will be his role, how many AB's ? In a lot of leagues he is eligible at 2B,3B, and OF.

Yes he is the starting 2B. May play some 3B from time to time if they don't trade for a better fielder than Davis. Villar could move to 2B and McNeil to 3B to improve the defense late in the game or they may just put Villar at 3B late.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

He is an every day player regardless of Cano. ABs should not be a concern at all.

I wager he hits high in the order too.  Great AVG. and a good OBP can give you a lot of counting stats.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Currently going at pick #124 in Yahoo! I'll gladly take him any time after the 8th round. The dude is money in points leagues.

That’s a steal at that adp. I checked yesterday and in nfbc drafts since February 1st he’s going at 84th and fantasypros composite adp has him at 91st. I always like guys that give you the type of roster flexibility that he does but he’s also a very good hitter who should hit near the top of the Mets lineup. I wouldn’t be surprised if he has 90+ runs, roughly 15-18 HR, 70ish rbis and 8 steals. Even at 84th I’m very happy with a player like that. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

McNeil has to get better, right.

.167 BABIP.

His statcast expected stats are .292 XBA (highest of his career) .524 XSLG (also career high) and .380 xwoba (career high) vs .176/.324/.265 actual. His strikeout rate is a career low. He’s going to be fine. You have to remember the Mets had 7 of their first 13 games PPD so that irregular schedule is definitely messing with the offense. Everyone but Nimmo is struggling. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ty5592 said:

His statcast expected stats are .292 XBA (highest of his career) .524 XSLG (also career high) and .380 xwoba (career high) vs .176/.324/.265 actual. His strikeout rate is a career low. He’s going to be fine. You have to remember the Mets had 7 of their first 13 games PPD so that irregular schedule is definitely messing with the offense. Everyone but Nimmo is struggling. 

About to have another PPD game... I agree, he will be just fine.