NBC Sports Edge Forums

Antonio Gibson 2021 Outlook

Fantasy Pros has him at #34 in standard. 1) Seems like there's zero chance he's there by pre-season. 2) If he is he's the perfect early third guy with upside. 

I just can't see a world where a guy who was a receiver in college doesn't take over the majority of passing down snaps next year, and if he does he has top 1 potential. No joke. 

I LOVE Gibson and have no doubt he could fill that every-down role - but McKissic is a problem.  He was too good to just bench, and too cheap to not retain.

• Like 3

If WFT is breaking in another young QB, I will worry about Gibson taking the next step.  I did like what I saw from T.H., however, I think it was overblown in the one playoff game.  Can he be the answer week in-week out after he is on film?  I guess McKissic can be a thorn in the side if game script goes out the window early.  I'm only singling negatives because I believe in Gibson's talent.  To me he can be a top 10 fantasy RB.  If WFT gets a good QB this off-season, I'm more likely to reach for Gibson.

On 2/16/2021 at 5:40 PM, USWAY said:

Fantasy Pros has him at #34 in standard. 1) Seems like there's zero chance he's there by pre-season. 2) If he is he's the perfect early third guy with upside. 

I just can't see a world where a guy who was a receiver in college doesn't take over the majority of passing down snaps next year, and if he does he has top 1 potential. No joke. 

It’s not just his ability to catch the ball, but more-so his ability to pass block. When he can do that, his role will expand. Until then, we’ll keep getting more of 2020. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/17/2021 at 8:37 PM, Flyman75 said:

It’s not just his ability to catch the ball, but more-so his ability to pass block. When he can do that, his role will expand. Until then, we’ll keep getting more of 2020. 

Yeah, I'm not sure of his numbers pass blocking -wise. Stands to reason though, that there's growth room in that aspect due to lack of experience. Seemed fine watching him last year, but I guess it only takes your qb getting blown up once to lose some responsibilities at that level.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

The Fitzpatrick and Samuel signings make me happier as a Gibson owner. 

Agreed. WFT offense should look much different in 2021. Fitz/McLauren/Samuel/Gibson should be able to move the ball in chunks, making all those McKissic receptions unnecessary.

• Like 1