NBC Sports Edge Forums

Clint Frazier 2021 Outlook

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Post mortems being written in mid April. Fantasy baseball is back baby!

Gardner has been a better player, simply put.  And Frazier was due to start today until the last-minute Zeuch substitution.  He hasn’t been used in a platoon, short-side or no.

65 plate appearances with runners in scoring position and hasn't gotten 1 RBI

Clint Frazier made a couple of mechanical adjustments this year that really seemed to pay off. Call me crazy, but I see a 30/10 season this year with 380+ OBP due to his strong walk rate. I envision a season more or less like Bryce Harper's 2019. Truly one of the most underrated assets this year, especially in OBP leagues.

11 hours ago, SnellMyFinger said:

Clint Frazier made a couple of mechanical adjustments this year that really seemed to pay off. Call me crazy, but I see a 30/10 season this year with 380+ OBP due to his strong walk rate. I envision a season more or less like Bryce Harper's 2019. Truly one of the most underrated assets this year, especially in OBP leagues.

I like him as a sleeper, but comparing him to Harper and projecting a 380 OBP seems way too optimistic...but yeah those would be his numbers extrapolated based on last year.  That's a great player in real life and in fantasy.  Honestly would be kind of happy to see it based on him getting dicked around so much.

1 hour ago, brockpapersizer said:

I like him as a sleeper, but comparing him to Harper and projecting a 380 OBP seems way too optimistic...but yeah those would be his numbers extrapolated based on last year.  That's a great player in real life and in fantasy.  Honestly would be kind of happy to see it based on him getting dicked around so much.

I see what you're saying. I think my post was meant less as a projection and more as a statement that the numbers I threw out are within reach. "Projections" by their very nature tend to be more conservative.

Just now, SnellMyFinger said:

I see what you're saying. I think my post was meant less as a projection and more as a statement that the numbers I threw out are within reach. "Projections" by their very nature tend to be more conservative.

If he doest that, wow. 380 OBP with 30 home run power is a borderline (or passed the border) elite offensive player just based on that.  I'm not willing to put that on Clint Frazier, but maybe he is. 

Good to see his apparent maturation and the Yanks seemingly finally committing to him.

His defense seems to have come a long way too, even getting a gold glove nomination in RF last year. That should help him stay in the lineup if he struggles offensively at all. 

• tonycpsu changed the title to Clint Frazier 2021 Outlook
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, alowe1275 said:

Good to see his apparent maturation and the Yanks seemingly finally committing to him.

His defense seems to have come a long way too, even getting a gold glove nomination in RF last year. That should help him stay in the lineup if he struggles offensively at all. 

Ugh.  Gardner again. 2 days in a row is more than "just a rest".   Frustrating.

Edited by Cesare13
45 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Yikes.  It's April 11.

Yeah that’s nuts. And it’s not like Stanton or Judge aren’t going to get hurt at some point.

Edited by Cheppy
On 2/18/2021 at 1:20 PM, brockpapersizer said:

Honestly would be kind of happy to see it based on him getting dicked around so much.

Well, it took only about a week for him to start losing time to Gardner. The dicking may not have ceased just yet 🙁

Edited by Jericho

I dropped him too.  I'm a Yankees fan and want nothing more than to see the kid rake, but roster spots in some leagues are a rare resource and this is a time in the year where some gems can be plucked off the wire.  He's hitting at the bottom of the order and outside of someone who loved him pre-draft he'll have to get hot for someone to pick him up I figure.  

There are no right ways, or wrong ways, when it comes to managing the lower end and reserve end of a roster.  Sometimes it's risk taking or blind luck that works.  Right now I think he's droppable if you think there's a worthy pick up out there on the wire.  I will be monitoring him closely tho.

• Like 1
On 4/12/2021 at 4:49 PM, rabaak said:

I'm being patient for a week for so. Fantasy baseball is a marathon.  Hope the 2020 Clint shows up soon.

Not much chance of that when the clown Boone can't wait to put Gardner in the lineup.  Frazier looks like he is on the short end of a platoon at this point.  All that talk that Frazier was the starting LF'er lasted about a week if that into the season.  Frazier goes 0 for 8 2 days and he is bench for Gardner.  We saw it last season and we are seeing it again unfortunately.  The Yanks brain trust has had a man crush on Gardner since he came up...no one has ever been able to figure it out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
57 minutes ago, secretagentman said:

Not much chance of that when the clown Boone can't wait to put Gardner in the lineup.  Frazier looks like he is on the short end of a platoon at this point.  All that talk that Frazier was the starting LF'er lasted about a week if that into the season.  Frazier goes 0 for 8 2 days and he is bench for Gardner.  We saw it last season and we are seeing it again unfortunately.  The Yanks brain trust has had a man crush on Gardner since he came up...no one has ever been able to figure it out.

Gardner has been a better player, simply put.  And Frazier was due to start today until the last-minute Zeuch substitution.  He hasn’t been used in a platoon, short-side or no.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I actually thought prior to the season that Frazier was a decent late round flier considering his 222 rank in Yahoo.  He put up top 200 value last year and I thought he had the potential for some small improvement this year.  I could not have been more wrong.

Part of me wonders if Gardner personifies all of his worst nightmares and them bringing him back last second kind of shocked his mojo. Tinfoil I kno but I feel like he had just shed the curse only to find out he’s haunted for life.

3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Yankees ruined this kid.

I wonder if Aaron Boone has lost his marbles this year. Preseason he says that Frazier earned a full time role and now is stuck in a platoon with Gardner.

Where did this notion of Frazier being in a “platoon” come from?  Note: he’s not in a platoon.

11 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Where did this notion of Frazier being in a “platoon” come from?  Note: he’s not in a platoon.

The fact that they are playing him as though he is in a platoon as of late. They've been giving Gardner looks against Righties.

Just now, Picard56 said:

The fact that they are playing him as though he is in a platoon as of late. They've been giving Gardner looks against Righties.

Clint literally just played against a righty.  Tonight.  Zeuch had around a .180 BAA against righties necessitating a last-minute change, in Boone’s view.