NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I'd throw this out there Biggio April:   Biggio May:   It looks like he's turning it around to me.  Striking out less, walking more, and hitting the ball h

He has returned to being a turd I have to agree.  In regards to your question about monthly splits on savant: You go to game logs, then select statcast, and then there are 2 date field

My expectations were low but jesus christ

Posted Images

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

He's easily the most disappointing Descendant

I don’t know, Zach Plesac has been pretty bad. Or is he a nephew?

Is it time to cut bait on this underperforming descendant?

I had thought he'd be a very nice category helper in HR/OBP/get you some steals - so far... BIG TIME WRONG!

About 2 weeks ago i said he be hitting the bench and be a part time player. He simply is not very good.  weak contact results in a lot ks, pop ups and weak ground balls. he needs his daddys steriods

3 hours ago, Deke said:

This guy sucks at baseball.

His previous 2000+ plate appearances as a professional say he doesn't, but this sure is rough currently. Seems like an ideal buy low in leagues deep enough where he won't be dropped anytime soon. Unfortunately I already have him so I just wait and hope. In 12 team or less I could def see dumping him though.

Since 2018 in AA he hasn't had a wRC+ lower than 114(rookie season), so I just can't believe he suddenly is horrible. His splits by spot in the lineup are interesting too, seems like he thrives in the leadoff spot but there's lots of competition for that in TOR. 

2 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

His previous 2000+ plate appearances as a professional say he doesn't, but this sure is rough currently. Seems like an ideal buy low in leagues deep enough where he won't be dropped anytime soon. Unfortunately I already have him so I just wait and hope. In 12 team or less I could def see dumping him though.

Since 2018 in AA he hasn't had a wRC+ lower than 114(rookie season), so I just can't believe he suddenly is horrible. His splits by spot in the lineup are interesting too, seems like he thrives in the leadoff spot but there's lots of competition for that in TOR. 

THIS ^

He doesn't suck at baseball - he's always gotten on base at a very healthy clip, showed/flashed very good power with speed.  Ideal buy low candidate & why he's still up with the ML team seeing consistent at-bats.

3 hours ago, street sharks said:

3 hits today with 4 balls hit at 98+ mph

Please let this turn into something

Biggio es bueno day!!!

RBI Doubles in the 8th and 9th innings yesterday. Both were great at bats plus he had a couple walks. Kid is having a solid week in OBP leagues. 

• Like 1
On 5/14/2021 at 10:29 AM, Gumbercules said:

Thought I'd throw this out there

Biggio April:

813548269_BiggioApril.thumb.PNG.43740aa37e1d6837c732c4b492ac2782.PNG

Biggio May:

744761586_BiggioMay.thumb.PNG.2f40b112673d5fef2d17971db938c04c.PNG

It looks like he's turning it around to me.  Striking out less, walking more, and hitting the ball hard more frequently.

How do you see monthly splits on savant with ev, hard hit, xba, etc? All I can find are the monthly splits with standard stats

Also it looks like this dude has turned back into a turd. Getting increasingly harder to hold. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, street sharks said:

How do you see monthly splits on savant with ev, hard hit, xba, etc? All I can find are the monthly splits with standard stats

Also it looks like this dude has turned back into a turd. Getting increasingly harder to hold. 

He has returned to being a turd I have to agree. 

In regards to your question about monthly splits on savant:

image.thumb.png.26f4029ff3ca6bebb2eb6bc98cfdf418.png

You go to game logs, then select statcast, and then there are 2 date fields that you can use to filter by. It will show you the outcome of every at bat and what I posted previously was the aggregate of that data.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
29 minutes ago, Gumbercules said:

He has returned to being a turd I have to agree. 

In regards to your question about monthly splits on savant:

image.thumb.png.26f4029ff3ca6bebb2eb6bc98cfdf418.png

You go to game logs, then select statcast, and then there are 2 date fields that you can use to filter by. It will show you the outcome of every at bat and what I posted previously was the aggregate of that data.

You're my new favorite person.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 6/1/2021 at 9:45 AM, Daytraders2019 said:

Anyone hear how he is recovering? Eligible to come off IL today, although that seems unlikely given the lack of information . 

I don’t have an answer, but I’ve been looking for some indication about the expected timeframe for recovery, and I’ve found absolutely nothing. I’ve found really only two statements: (1) that’s it’s not serious, and (2) that he won’t come off the IL when eligible (few days ago now), and that he’s day-to-day. I assume that he’s not taking swings or participating in field activities because theres been no mention of it, which indicates to me that he’s still at least a few weeks away. He may even need a minor rehab assignment at this point. 😓

I hope that getting some rest and healing his neck will help his performance. I don’t think he’s better than vlad or whatever other nonsense was spouted off about him, but I think he’s a solid MI option, and likely an actual positional starter in OBP/points leagues. An infielder who goes 15/15 with a .350 OBP isn’t exactly easy to find. 

Edited by osb_tensor
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

I don’t have an answer, but I’ve been looking for some indication about the expected timeframe for recovery, and I’ve found absolutely nothing. I’ve found really only two statements: (1) that’s it’s not serious, and (2) that he won’t come off the IL when eligible (few days ago now), and that he’s day-to-day. I assume that he’s not taking swings or participating in field activities because theres been no mention of it, which indicates to me that he’s still at least a few weeks away. He may even need a minor rehab assignment at this point. 😓

I hope that getting some rest and healing his neck will help his performance. I don’t think he’s better than vlad or whatever other nonsense was spouted off about him, but I think he’s a solid MI option, and likely an actual positional starter in OBP/points leagues. An infielder who goes 15/15 with a .350 OBP isn’t exactly easy to find. 

[...] this neck strain or whatever it is frustrating...

i know he had a homerun in his first minor league game (sunday), which is promising. evidently they didn't play yesterday, so it would make sense that he's back with the major league club today.

• Thanks 1