NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Trade away Acuna in dynasty?

10 team, 6 keepers.

My current keepers:

Acuna, Soto, Bichette, Rendon, deGrom, Bauer

My current draft picks:  2, 9, 12, 32, 52, 57, 69, 72, 92, 106, 109, 112, 129, 132, 152, 157, 169, 177

Do I offer Acuna, picks 32 & 52 for Freddie Freeman, picks 6 & 10?

GIves me 5 top 12 picks and I could replace Acuna with either Eloy or Robert with my 2nd overall selection, and fill out my team nicely, giving me probably the best 1B in baseball for the next handful of years.  I know it's hard to trade Acuna but OF is easier to fill up, and it's tempting.

Thoughts?

What 1B are going to be available in your draft? It seems like you already have a bunch of early picks so the 6+10 picks don't excite me that much. Is there any possible way Freeman owner would consider dealing him for a SP? If I could get Freeman for Bauer somehowI would do it in a heartbeat. Giving up Acuna in a dynasty league is just so tough...even for a solid offer. I love the idea of adding Robert or Eloy but from what I'm seeing with all your picks, you should be able to grab one of them anyway.

28 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

What 1B are going to be available in your draft? It seems like you already have a bunch of early picks so the 6+10 picks don't excite me that much. Is there any possible way Freeman owner would consider dealing him for a SP? If I could get Freeman for Bauer somehowI would do it in a heartbeat. Giving up Acuna in a dynasty league is just so tough...even for a solid offer. I love the idea of adding Robert or Eloy but from what I'm seeing with all your picks, you should be able to grab one of them anyway.

Kept players = Freeman, Bellinger, LeMahieu, Abreu, Vlad, Alonso, Matt Olsen, Goldy...so top available should be Voit, Muncy, Rizzo, Bohm....I see Voit is adp 61 of NFC then after it's 80-90s ADP players...

41 minutes ago, fatbob166 said:

I know it's a huge move to trade Acuna but I would be guaranteed either Eloy or Robert at pick 2 to replace him, pairing that player w/ Soto in the OF.  And it helps fill my infield and give me a ton of high picks.  In reality, so much will change in 5 years when Freeman is 36 and who even knows if this league will be around at that point...

I know every one of the outfielders you mentioned is super young, but this looks like trading a known commodity for an unknown one.   Eloy could go 1 and then you end up with Robert.    You know what you’re going to get with acuna, and for this trade to work in your benefit, you’d need for Robert to hit close to his ceiling.   I don’t THINK he will, but Robert could  very  well end up getting some type of career which could be a mix of  Byron buxton And Desmond Jennings.    You’d also likely be getting Freeman’s post prime years, and although is still an mvp candidate, the drop off for votto, miggy, Pujols, rizzo, goldy etc...was fast, steep and sudden.  There’s a lot of “ifs” in my answer, I admit, but Acuna is a sure fire fantasy center piece for the foreseeable future.  Don’t give him up, a lot has to go right for you to slightly improve.

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I know every one of the outfielders you mentioned is super young, but this looks like trading a known commodity for an unknown one.   Eloy could go 1 and then you end up with Robert.    You know what you’re going to get with acuna, and for this trade to work in your benefit, you’d need for Robert to hit close to his ceiling.   I don’t THINK he will, but Robert could  very  well end up getting some type of career which could be a mix of  Byron buxton And Desmond Jennings.    You’d also likely be getting Freeman’s post prime years, and although is still an mvp candidate, the drop off for votto, miggy, Pujols, rizzo, goldy etc...was fast, steep and sudden.  There’s a lot of “ifs” in my answer, I admit, but Acuna is a sure fire fantasy center piece for the foreseeable future.  Don’t give him up, a lot has to go right for you to slightly improve.

Those are some good points to consider.  I guess I think of Acuna as a top 5 guy for the next 10 years, and I think of Freeman as a top 2 or 3 1b for the next 3-4 years, which is a long time for a fantasy league.  That swap would not work but being able to get 2 additional 1st round picks, 5 of the top 12 picks in a 10 team league, would set me up huge for this year and I am not short of keeper caliber players, and will be looking for youth flyers who may work out and help me in the future.  Another reason I'm thinking about it is that the 1B pool is way more shallow than the OF player pool.  Kind of like getting a star TE in fantasy football, since it drops off big after the top handful.  

17 hours ago, AlexxelA said:

Those are some good points to consider.  I guess I think of Acuna as a top 5 guy for the next 10 years, and I think of Freeman as a top 2 or 3 1b for the next 3-4 years, which is a long time for a fantasy league.  That swap would not work but being able to get 2 additional 1st round picks, 5 of the top 12 picks in a 10 team league, would set me up huge for this year and I am not short of keeper caliber players, and will be looking for youth flyers who may work out and help me in the future.  Another reason I'm thinking about it is that the 1B pool is way more shallow than the OF player pool.  Kind of like getting a star TE in fantasy football, since it drops off big after the top handful.  

You’re quite enamored with those two extra first rd picks, but I’m not, especially when you already have three of the top 12. It’s not like you’re lacking in early picks or something. If I had to choose between a combo of Acuna-Voit and Freeman-Eloy/Robert, I’m taking the first pair all day everyday. Or, I’m quite high on Bohm, especially in a dynasty, as a later pick. 

I just would never entertain this deal. You have a 23yr old who is already a top 3-5 pick paired up with a 22yr old who is already a top 3-5 pick as the foundation of your team for years to come. Some things you just don’t mess with, and that’s one of them. 

My suggestion would be to stop overthinking this. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

No

No

No

This three times.👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Why on God’s green Earth would you trade Acuna for the chance to get Eloy or Luis (talented, but small sample size) when Acuna is arguably the best player today AND PAIRED WITH SOTO, is beyond me.

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, charger_ss24 said:

This three times.👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻

Why on God’s green Earth would you trade Acuna for the chance to get Eloy or Luis (talented, but small sample size) when Acuna is arguably the best player today AND PAIRED WITH SOTO, is beyond me.

This.