NBC Sports Edge Forums

Christian Vazquez 2021 Outlook

Thoughts on Vazquez this season? 

He’s hit .276 or better in three of his last four seasons, and the power has been there the last two seasons. Even if it dipped to the .260s, he still looks like a solid bet to produce 60-20-70 and throw in a few steals, which would be valuable in the catching sea of bleh. 

this guy is just solid, plays more than most catchers, chips in everywhere, doesn't tank the ratios. About as underrated a player irl and fantasy as there can be. Not expensive at ADP 154, if I miss vasquez, i like sean murphy and james mccann a little later.

• Like 1

224 xba last year has me staying away.  Also xba in the 250s previous two seasons before that, and an xslg over 372 only 1 season.  Think there's a decent chance he turns in a 250 season with 12 HR or w/e, and at that ADP I'll take Molina 100 picks later who will have similar playing time, and a higher average

27 minutes ago, Fbaseballgod said:

224 xba last year has me staying away.  Also xba in the 250s previous two seasons before that, and an xslg over 372 only 1 season.  Think there's a decent chance he turns in a 250 season with 12 HR or w/e, and at that ADP I'll take Molina 100 picks later who will have similar playing time, and a higher average

Where did you see his .224 xba? Forecaster has it at .242.