NBC Sports EDGE Forums

DeGrom for Eloy Trade

I really like it if you're not going to win this year or next.   You're getting two guys that just starting the uphill climb of their stud careers for 2 guys that are about to start their  decline.  That's how you win.   I migjt try to get more for degrom...but thats flying really close.to the sun.

• Like 1

I think you could get more for DeGrom Blackmon package personally. Those are pretty big names, who are as reliable as they come. Anyone competing for this year and next year should be all over that duo. I love Eloy and Anderson for that matter, but I think you can do better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fatbob166 said:

I think you could get more for DeGrom Blackmon package personally. Those are pretty big names, who are as reliable as they come. Anyone competing for this year and next year should be all over that duo. I love Eloy and Anderson for that matter, but I think you can do better.

Blackmon is a name, in big decline 

No longer runs 

Cant hit on road

Maybe you can get more, but it in itself is a fair deal

• Like 1

No thanks.  Degrom is the #1 pitcher on the planet and without injuries will probably be the #1 for the next couple of years.  Eloy is great but he's never even had a full season of elite production.  30 HR with 265 BA in 2019 is nice but not something you want to trade DeGrom for (and yeah he did well last year but that was like a couple months).  I also worry about Eloy's BB rate more than others.  Tl;dr it's very risky imo to trade such a surefire study for a guy like Eloy.

The Blackmon and Ian anderson parts of the trade are eh.  I could see that being a fine part of the trade for sure, I'm not supre high on either but anderson probably has more value objectively

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fbaseballgod said:

No thanks.  Degrom is the #1 pitcher on the planet and without injuries will probably be the #1 for the next couple of years.  Eloy is great but he's never even had a full season of elite production.  30 HR with 265 BA in 2019 is nice but not something you want to trade DeGrom 

If I had the Eloy side, I'm passing.

He said hes rebuilding, so the deal makes sense.

I get it's close, and I can see those favoring DeGrom to a extent.

If you want to nitpick, in the last 5 years, DeGroms won more then 11 games once. Hes also about to turn 33.

Is he great, sure. But he does have a few negatives.

Eloy is only 24.

Hes already has a ops+ of 123.

His 162 avg is 87 41 110

Hes a little more then a 30 hr guy.

And Ian is no bum.

It's closer then you think.

• Like 1