NBC Sports Edge Forums

3 hours ago, coldstream said:

Im hoping he will be good for 25/10 and at least .280 avg. Not sure what to expect honestly. Is he gonna get time at 2B or play all CF? I would love it, if he got 5 starts at SS. 

Now that they are partially unjuicing the ball this season, it will be interesting to see how his spike in power starting with the first juiced ball year holds up.

I've never really bought into the hype around Marte. That 2019 season seems like an outlier, and while his BA will probably be solid, I just don't see anything close to that HR-R-RBI production in 2021. I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar to his 162-game career average of .282-81-15-65-11.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Marte parte in first game back! Looked awesome yesterday, getting knocks off Darvish.

Had a double too so the power looks to be back folks, watch out.

• Like 1

Is this dude human??? 😳 

Looks locked in and lock and loaded as a top 20 player this year, if you got him mad late like I did in the 7th round it feels like we just hit the powerball 💎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 4/3/2021 at 10:38 AM, swfcdan said:

Matched his 2020 homer total in 2 days! He's back lol

On 4/3/2021 at 1:13 AM, Brye said:

Is this dude human??? 😳 

Looks locked in and lock and loaded as a top 20 player this year, if you got him mad late like I did in the 7th round it feels like we just hit the powerball 💎

thanks for the Jinx 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, WTP333 said:

Steve Gilbert on twitter: Ketel Marte was forced to leave last night's game with a hamstring cramp....'doing ok'

but not starting today

• Like 1

Gilbert again: #Dbacks mgr Torey Lovullo says that Ketel Marte is still being evaluated. No further updates from yesterday. More probably not until team gets back home.

7 minutes ago, SwayzeExpress said:

I don't know if I buy that. That didn't look like a cramp. The way he reacted to it makes it look like his hamstring straight up exploded.

Yeah, you just don’t act like that when cramping. He could not put ANY weight on that leg.

Nick Poecoro: Ketel Marte is out of the lineup today. He is expected to undergo an MRI on Friday, manager Torey Lovullo said. Marte left last night's game with a right hamstring issue.

That's just terrible to see. I don't own him anywhere but just as a fan, it was good to see him have such a good start to the year cuz we all know he's a masher. I'm hoping it isn't as serious as it looked

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

Placed on the IL

I don’t know who Steve Gilbert is but he’s not getting a Christmas card from me after posting that he was “doing ok with a cramp” when the dude hasn’t even had an MRI yet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
5 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I don’t know who Steve Gilbert is but he’s not getting a Christmas card from me after posting that he was “doing ok with a cramp” when the dude hasn’t even had an MRI yet.

Right! What a jerk. On a serious note; I miss Ketel already. Really sucks.