NBC Sports Edge Forums

10 minutes ago, mks said:

Looks like another 2-3  weeks at least till we see him again.

It looked like a 6-8 week injury at the time it happened. I haven’t heard anything since to make me think otherwise.

3 minutes ago, meh2 said:

It looked like a 6-8 week injury at the time it happened. I haven’t heard anything since to make me think otherwise.

maybe its june till we see him again

So is the fact that we haven't heard anything about the MRI results a good thing? What are you even trying to determine with an MRI on a hamstring - the severity of the strain?

I feel like if they had found a significant tear we'd have gotten a timeline (e.g. will be reevaluated in 6 weeks, etc.). Sounds like its more of a week to week thing. This is of course pure speculation on my part.

Also, I take the injury "eye test" with a grain of salt. I've seen plenty of pro athletes react to injuries in the moment that turned out to be more minor than they appeared. Look at the Tatis injury. Not saying that's necessarily the case here, but based on my viewing, I'm not using his reaction as a data point.

From CBS:  Diamondbacks' Ketel Marte: Slated for live BP

Marte (hamstring) will participate in a live batting practice session Wednesday, Zach Buchanan of The Athletic reports.

Marte resumed some baseball activity over the weekend, and he'll take another step in his recovery process Wednesday. It's not yet clear when the 27-year-old will be cleared to return to game action, but a better idea of his return timetable could come into focus after his live batting practice.

• Like 5

He'll be back before Starling Marte, other than that I know nothing. I know the Dbacks need this guy more than my NL only squad, and watching the parade of nobodies they've tried to roll out in his place has been...interesting. Get well soon Ketel one. 

On 4/27/2021 at 7:23 AM, AlynOakenfist said:

Any update on his progress?

https://arizonasports.com/story/2626775/d-backs-receive-encouraging-news-on-injured-of-ketel-marte-p-joakim-soria/

“Ketel Marte is doing some forward running with a focus on running mechanics,” Lovullo said via Zoom. “It’s a little bit more than what he was doing in the pool. He’s also had his throwing program, he’s taken BP on the field and he’s going to get some live [at-bats] today off of Joakim Soria, who’s going to face hitters for the first time.”

2 hours ago, WTP333 said:

https://arizonasports.com/story/2626775/d-backs-receive-encouraging-news-on-injured-of-ketel-marte-p-joakim-soria/

“Ketel Marte is doing some forward running with a focus on running mechanics,” Lovullo said via Zoom. “It’s a little bit more than what he was doing in the pool. He’s also had his throwing program, he’s taken BP on the field and he’s going to get some live [at-bats] today off of Joakim Soria, who’s going to face hitters for the first time.”

FYI - That link is from a week ago - the one I posted was from yesterday evening

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

FYI - That link is from a week ago - the one I posted was from yesterday evening

thanks. my bad,,,saw it come up on a twitter alert today, didn't realize. 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

thanks. my bad,,,saw it come up on a twitter alert today, didn't realize. 

No worries bud! easy mistake

I'm just hoping he can get back soom

• Like 1
WED, MAY 5, 6:25 AMROTOWIRE.COM

Marte (hamstring) will begin taking at-bats during games at Arizona's alternate site, NIck Piecoro of the Arizona Republic reports.

Spin: The plan is to have Marte lightly jog out of the batter's box before ramping up his intensity. Manager Torey Lovullo did not have an update on where Marte was in his running progression.

Just a guess, but seems like he's still 2-3 weeks from coming back.  

Tue, May 11

Ketel Marte (hamstring) ran, hit, and caught flyballs on Tuesday at Chase Field.

Advice: Marte still hasn't done any stop-and-start type of agility drills, but that could be the next step in his ongoing recovery from a severe right hamstring strain. He suffered that injury back on April 7.

Hopefully without any setbacks we can see him before the end of the month. 

Edited by Richard Kimble