Ketel Marte 2021 Outlook

Any truth to the rumor that he flew to LA …I don’t use Twitter or instagram

The truth is out there 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Any truth to the rumor that he flew to LA …I don’t use Twitter or instagram

The truth is out there 

going to try to find out more now

edit: don't see anything on twitter yet (i don't use instagram myself)---but their beat writers are usually very good about updating on twitter; will keep an eye out there

Edited by WTP333

More rumors on his Instagram…anybody here use it

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

More rumors on his Instagram…anybody here use it

only thing i saw is some random account on twitter saying he uses fangraphs to track players' location...and that he is in LA...LOL---no idea what that is/means, or if true, but still tbd. 

Just now, WTP333 said:

only thing i saw is some random account on twitter saying he uses fangraphs to track players' location...and that he is in LA...LOL---no idea what that is/means, or if true, but still tbd. 

WAIT! His Instragram story does show 'LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT' and a story saying 'it's time, i'm back'---so it seems to be true! there you go lol

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a while. He's back and he's picked up right where he left off this spring and on through the 1st week of the season before the hammy hiatus.

BUMP

I love K-Marte and his game and his sweet swing. Always have, always will.

He's just an awesome hitter. High batting average. Easy 300 + hitter. Easy. Really good power stroke (and a phenomenal one for someone with his relatively slender build/frame). Plenty of runs and RBI (full season's worth, he's giving 90 to 100+ each, no problem). Ability to, as well as the propensity to, snag an occasional bag.

Like I said, love him. Dude's really, really good across the board. Happy to have him back and apparently healthy....and thus back to his regularly scheduled raking programming.

Posted (edited)

He's only played in the outfield this year. Unless that changes, he'll only be outfield eligible in most leagues next year.

Edited by dan

• 2 weeks later...

Hitting .356 on the year, but the weight of hitting in that awful DBacks lineup has really dragged his counting stats down. 4 Hrs, 16 r, 14 rbi and zero steals has really kept his value down, although he did miss time. Still hasn't played anywhere but CF. His statcast looked good, everything up this year and xBA around .330 with a slg. around .500, and he's doing better against all pitches than last year. But I think the counting stat problem is real, that team is AAA material. Still, looking at his metrics makes me think you could try to pry him loose if your team needs BA and can sacrifice some power/rbi potential.

• 2 weeks later...

Makes me sad knowing how much he'd help my team since he's hitting .350+ but never healthy.   Rest him for 1 month then trade him to the Yankees so I can have that for the rest of my season.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...