NBC Sports Edge Forums

2021 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread

• tonycpsu changed the title to 2021 "Cool Story, Bro!" Thread
  • 1 month later...

Can you believe someone just flat out dropped [Ozuna] in one of my leagues.  I wouldn't say it's the most competitive leagues but even still why not try to trade him first.  I have seen this happen so many times with proven star players being dropped after poor starts to seasons.  You have to let people manage their teams but f*** is it annoying giving someone a free player like Ozuna.

Edited by tonycpsu
Moved to CSB
  • Like 3
8 hours ago, knifeparty said:

Can you believe someone just flat out dropped [Ozuna] in one of my leagues.  I wouldn't say it's the most competitive leagues but even still why not try to trade him first.  I have seen this happen so many times with proven star players being dropped after poor starts to seasons.  You have to let people manage their teams but f*** is it annoying giving someone a free player like Ozuna.

i got called a total c*nt and told to microwave my d*ck for offering buxton for ozuna ha. guess someones a little mad im going to 8-2 him.

So my team is batting barely over .200 and my entire starting rotation has zero wins so far. They hit fine during the spring, but soon as opening day rolls around, suckitude flies through the roof. The team ERA is about 3.50/3.60, but the only 2 wins belong to a waiver pickup... a journeyman by the name of Cesar Valdez. Classic smurf team.

One of those "say his name" moments I suppose.

Really, not a vent, just feel that it's remarkable that the only 2 wins belong to some reliever I wasn't even aware of during the draft.

As a Sox fan loving the Rodon no no obviously. Curious if 2 no hitters have ever happened before April 15 in any MLB season ever? Guessing Jayson Stark will answer that on Twitter or wherever. 

And got the answer. 

Carlos Rodón of the @whitesox

has tossed the second no-hitter of the 2021 MLB season. This is the earliest into a season (by date) there have ever been two no-hitters.

• 4 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

In my 12 teamer, I have 4 top ten players. Mike Trout, JD Martinez, Jared Walsh and Carlos Rodon. Not to mention drafting Corbin Burnes and Max Scherzer. When my Whitesox hitters start hitting (Jose Abreu, Tim Anderson, Yoan Mocada, Nick Madrigal and Yasmani Grandal) this team will be unbeatable. 

Rest of my team

Jorge Soler, Carlos Correa, Michael Kopech, Dylan Cease, Madison Bumgarner, Dinelson Lamet, Garret Richards, Jake McGee, Lou Trevino.

injured players

Alex Krilloff, Chris Sale, Luis Severino, Justin Verlander

NA spot

Wander Franco and Mackenzie Gore

Edited by chicagowhitesox1173
Posted (edited)

i hit on my front 7 picks along with buxton, sonny gray, laureano, senzel, carlson, montas, in rds 11+ along with  f/a krilloff, f/a posey, and f/a solak

cole, bichette, bregman, flahety, kershaw, castellanos, lynn (didnt plan on drafting so sp heavey but come on flaherty in the 4th and kershaw in the 5th? taking that all day

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 1

In one of my leagues, I got crazy WTF POWN Starting pitching, 12 team H2h league

Kershaw

Bauer

Alex Wood

Bumgarner (recently great)

Rodon

Peralta

Manaea

Stro Show

Pablo Lopez (great except last night)

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2021 at 9:18 PM, colepenhagen said:

i got called a total c*nt and told to microwave my d*ck for offering buxton for ozuna ha. guess someones a little mad im going to 8-2 him.

You should go back to this guy and offer him Buxton again for someone else and tell him you're jinxing him intentionally, see what he calls you then.