NBC Sports EDGE Forums

3-5 Spots Left | 15 Team Roto-to-head Startup Dynasty | Slow draft, FanTrax

Hi all,
This is my second dynasty league of this format. My first one filled fast and had quite a few more applicants, so I decided to try my hand at the second league.

Entry Fee: $156.67 (This cover 3 years in the league and the 6.67 premium fee for the first year) Fantrax Treasurer is used.

5x5: (R/RBI/OPS/SB/HR) and (W/K/S*2+H/WHIP/ERA)

Roster: 2xC, 1b, 2b, 3b, SS, CI, MI, 5xOF, 1xU, 10xP and 8 bench with 5 injured spots and 15 man minor league that expands year over year.

Roto-to-head settings detailed in the constitution.

Slow Draft will start March 1st.

League will have a Discord.

What I need from you? If this league interests you, I need your e-mail. I will contact you with a way to join the league and i'll be available to answer any questions you have on the league.

Interesting format.
Have you ever tried this type of format before? Fantrax allows this? 
I seen and read the disclaimer small chance? That is why I asked . 

We had a similar thing going a while back. 7/8 years platform ESPN two separate leagues going on the same time. rotisserie & H2H 10 teams. We eventually had a champion took the top teams from each league combined.. I think I have all the info 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Interesting format.
Have you ever tried this type of format before? Fantrax allows this? 
I seen and read the disclaimer small chance? That is why I asked . 

We had a similar thing going a while back. 7/8 years platform ESPN two separate leagues going on the same time. rotisserie & H2H 10 teams. We eventually had a champion took the top teams from each league combined.. I think I have all the info 

FanTrax allows you to copy the league which I plan on doing for the H2H playoffs. It should be a smooth process of just directly copying the league, then switching the format to H2H and manually scheduling the playoffs. I've never tried this before, but I've been messing around with the settings and seems to work out with no worries. Also from the fangraphs link (https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/highly-custom-league-of-the-week-roto-to-head/) confirms it via contact with FanTrax. 

Interesting ... This format I really think is cool and damn would I ever be in if this was a one year thing. Not a big fan of keeper money leagues. Bad experiences with trades. Building for the future vs trading away assets etc.

but damn 12 teams making the H2H playoffs interests me... thinking maybe these crazy trades I dislike kinda nonexistent. 

I checked out my old laptop. We were on proboards fifty sixty guys from the old ESPN boards. We had some unique leagues. We call this  roto to H2H. The Classic. It was a three (10 team) (20 owners)  leagues consisting of AL & NL rotisserie and one H2H. The top 2 from each rotisserie league (determine amount of weeks) went onto the H2H then those four teams battled for a true World Series champion. 

So, simply run your league through the fantasy regular season, make a copy, change the scoring type to head-to-head, and manually input the matchups. “Very easy actually,” says their Director of Operations. We’ll see. I’ll be trying it for at least one league this season.

March 1st starts drafting process ... 🤔 Do I. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Interesting ... This format I really think is cool and damn would I ever be in if this was a one year thing. Not a big fan of keeper money leagues. Bad experiences with trades. Building for the future vs trading away assets etc.

but damn 12 teams making the H2H playoffs interests me... thinking maybe these crazy trades I dislike kinda nonexistent. 

I checked out my old laptop. We were on proboards fifty sixty guys from the old ESPN boards. We had some unique leagues. We call this  roto to H2H. The Classic. It was a three (10 team) (20 owners)  leagues consisting of AL & NL rotisserie and one H2H. The top 2 from each rotisserie league (determine amount of weeks) went onto the H2H then those four teams battled for a true World Series champion. 

So, simply run your league through the fantasy regular season, make a copy, change the scoring type to head-to-head, and manually input the matchups. “Very easy actually,” says their Director of Operations. We’ll see. I’ll be trying it for at least one league this season.

March 1st starts drafting process ... 🤔 Do I. 

That sounds pretty awesome. The aspect of Roto year long is so good because it produces the true winner of the league (usually) and the process of a deep H2H playoffs is so nice because it allows (almost) everyone a chance to come back at the end to win some money due to the inherent luck of H2H on a weekly basis.

If you are interested in joining, I'd love to have you! We have 11 teams now, and I hope I can fill it in the next 1-2 days. The next step will be to get everyone paid through FanTrax Treasurer and then start the slow draft!

58 minutes ago, Schwaller said:

schwaller768@yahoo.com

I'm down to join.

Haha, hey Schwaller! Mike, right? You are in my league #1 right now slow drafting.

I'll keep you in mind, but I'm mainly leaving this league #2 open for different participants since there was high demand for league 1. 

If the league doesn't fill in the next day or so (we are up to 12 members out of 15) then i'll shoot you an e-mail. 

Just now, shakestreet said:

Have you filled this league? 

Yes, filled and entry fees are paid, looks to be drafting this Thursday. Sorry :(. 

• Like 1