NBC Sports Edge Forums

Was offered AD for my Jarret Allen. WHIR 100%

12 team league 15 players to a team.

Only 1 IR spot.

I am currently in 3rd place 4 games out of 1st. The 4th place team is 10 games and 6 games behind me. AD owner is in last place.

My team

Embid 

Westbrook 

J.Randle

Zion

Ingram

Keldon Johnson (Hurt)

CJ McCollum (IR)

Bazely 

J.Wall

J.Allen

E.Payton 

D.Rose

Saben Lee

H.Barnes (walked off with a limp last game)

Beasley 

Playoffs start March 15th and 8 teams make it. So, do I pull the trigger or stand pat?

Leave a link.

I'd do it honestly, there is only one winner in each Fantasy league and I'd rather swing big and/or miss big with AD than be safe with J. Allen.

For the meantime, I will work the waiver wires that's for sure.

Help with mine?

https://edge-forums.nbcsports.com/topic/838282-mcconnell-or-justin-holiday-whir/

14 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

12 team league 15 players to a team.

Only 1 IR spot.

I am currently in 3rd place 4 games out of 1st. The 4th place team is 10 games and 6 games behind me. AD owner is in last place.

My team

Embid 

Westbrook 

J.Randle

Zion

Ingram

Keldon Johnson (Hurt)

CJ McCollum (IR)

Bazely 

J.Wall

J.Allen

E.Payton 

D.Rose

Saben Lee

H.Barnes (walked off with a limp last game)

Beasley 

Playoffs start March 15th and 8 teams make it. So, do I pull the trigger or stand pat?

Leave a link.

I'd love to have Allen for Davis, wouldn't think twice about it. Playoffs start at the same time at yours, and nobody is willing to give up anything for him. 

It's questionable how much better Davis will be than Clevelend Allen, but it is almost quaranteed that he'll be rested. Not to mention that he'll probably miss good chunk of 1st playoff round. Davis was really dissapointing this year, and it would be foolish to think that he'll get better after injury. You might already lose before Davis has a chance to do anything.

So for me this is an easy pass, march 15th is way too soon. I am unfortunately stuck with him, but there is no reason you have to be.

1 minute ago, AomineDaiki05 said:

I'd love to have Allen for Davis, wouldn't think twice about it. Playoffs start at the same time as yours, and nobody is willing to give up anything for him. 

It's questionable how much better Davis will be than Clevelend Allen, but it is almost quaranteed that he'll be rested. Not to mention that he'll probably miss good chunk of 1st playoff round. Davis was really dissapointing this year, and it would be foolish to think that he'll get better after the injury. You might already lose before Davis has a chance to do anything.

So for me this is an easy pass, march 15th is way too soon. I am unfortunately stuck with him, but there is no reason you have to be.

Damn, wanted to edit instead double posted sorry.

Edited by AomineDaiki05

AD got traded away about 10 days ago in my league for John Collins + a future pick. The AD owner is a typical league winner, and wanted to stay close to the standings. I think Allen is a far more productive player than Collins is right now

I've debated this trade in my head many times and as a Jarrett Allen owner, I'd be very very inclined to keep Allen. AD will be 28 years old this year and already has issues with injuries and resting games. I believe this is the beginning of his decline, whereas JA's trajectory is to the moon.

• Like 1

I just traded away AD for Jrue Holiday after receiving JA from a separate trade. 

i would keep JA because he’s less of a headache to own tbh and he’s been superb. Lakers will be very cautious with AD no matter where they are in the standings

I wouldnt touch AD with a 20 foot pole. I'm guessing he'll play very games and what games he does play will have limited minutes.  I bet his averages arent too far off Allen, except allen will play at least twice as many games 

6 hours ago, Jyeatbvg said:

I've debated this trade in my head many times and as a Jarrett Allen owner, I'd be very very inclined to keep Allen. AD will be 28 years old this year and already has issues with injuries and resting games. I believe this is the beginning of his decline, whereas JA's trajectory is to the moon.

This is a redraft so not sure if it that makes a difference 

Honestly I think Allen's consistency trumps AD's top 5-10 potential, IF he comes back playing healthy. Allen's pathway to minutes and production is literally his for the taking, AD will likely continue to miss games.

Help please!