NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ever organist / stadium DJ doesn’t troll Luzardo with one of these songs for the rest of his career then something is seriously wrong.  

I am not dumping, but I am benching.     

I'm gonna be the contrarian here and say you should be holding this guy. Before this last start he had two good starts in a row. Kind of early to just be dumping him, he has the stuff to pitch better

He’s scrapped the slider.  just pumping fastballs.  Either hurt or hurting from not using a substance mlb is supposedly cracking down on.  Either way not good.  When the dbacks knock you around all bets are off 

6 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Well, it’s hard to defend whatever the hell that was.  And yeah, I wouldn’t start him against the Twins unless I was already guaranteed to lose in ERA & WHIP.

I might need to check myself in to the nut house, cause I can’t pass up a two start pitcher. He might completely melt down again, but yolo

1 hour ago, Picard56 said:

I might need to check myself in to the nut house, cause I can’t pass up a two start pitcher. He might completely melt down again, but yolo

His second start is at Baltimore. I'll  give him these 2 starts to show me something. The shine is off this guy bigtime now. He is a massive disappointment to what his expectations were. 

On 2/25/2021 at 9:11 AM, metropolitans said:
  • Jesus Luzardo impressed during a workout in A's camp on Tuesday, per manager Bob Melvin. 

"He stood out right away," Melvin told reporters. "I think his first pitch was 98 (mph). Not the greatest draw for whoever hit in that group." Luzardo somewhat underwhelmed during the shortened 2020 season, posting a 4.17 ERA, 1.27 WHIP, and 59/17 K/BB ratio over 59 innings, but keep in mind that he came down with COVID-19 before the start of summer camp. The 23-year-old left-hander carries sky-high long-term upside.

Feb 23, 2021, 6:49 PM ET

Just a reminder that he might be weak from this covid still. Not a excuse for his latest performance, but a possiable reason his velocity is way down .

1 hour ago, mks said:

His second start is at Baltimore. I'll  give him these 2 starts to show me something. The shine is off this guy bigtime now. He is a massive disappointment to what his expectations were. 

Yeah I am not really happy. I am of the philosophy not taking pitchers early in the draft. I thought I got a decent bargain taking him mid draft, and he's been disappointing so far. I am not considering dropping him yet. I'm planning on holding for a while with the hope he improves. I don't think he is this bad.

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

Yeah I am not really happy. I am of the philosophy not taking pitchers early in the draft. I thought I got a decent bargain taking him mid draft, and he's been disappointing so far. I am not considering dropping him yet. I'm planning on holding for a while with the hope he improves. I don't think he is this bad.

His career MLB BB/9 is 2.5 (71 innings total). He's currently at 4.85. He's not this bad, I think it's just one of those awful months. He's still only 23 and learning (hopefully). This guy could be good in the 2nd half of this year, who knows. I'm benching until he turns it around though.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, mks said:

It is April.  This is not football.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It is April.  This is not football.

I give you that if he wasn't so bad last yr also. I know he is young but he got to be better then this

2 minutes ago, BradMaddox said:

Shouldn’t have pulled him. His pitch count was low 

Probably pulled due to the long ballpark power outage during his 6th inning on the mound.

On 4/21/2021 at 7:14 AM, Michael Bluth said:

Any ideas how the rotation is going this weekend?

At least acording to Fantasy pros Luzardo is going Monday, so not going this weekend. but cbs has him going sunday....

I doubt they skip Manaea, cause he pitched the first doubleheader tuesday. He would have to pitch saturday on four days rest to allow luzardo to go Sunday. I guess kind of up in the air.

Edited by Picard56
  • 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, BadHombre said:

Any A's fans with any insight? Never thought I'd ask this, but is this dude a drop?

Not now but he sucks balls at the moment. 

• Like 1