NBC Sports Edge Forums

2 hours ago, 80version said:

No. 

I don’t know. In a 12 teamer or less, I can stream better than this.

I can’t think of a matchup I’d feel comfortable starting him right now.

Honest question, but how many more clunkers would you hold him for?

• Like 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am not dumping, but I am benching.     

If ever organist / stadium DJ doesn’t troll Luzardo with one of these songs for the rest of his career then something is seriously wrong.  

I'm gonna be the contrarian here and say you should be holding this guy. Before this last start he had two good starts in a row. Kind of early to just be dumping him, he has the stuff to pitch better

He is easily droppable in QS leagues...he does not have the skill set to pitch 6 innings and is better suited for the pen

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I don’t know. In a 12 teamer or less, I can stream better than this.

I can’t think of a matchup I’d feel comfortable starting him right now.

Honest question, but how many more clunkers would you hold him for?

The A’s upcoming schedule is tough too. Blue Jays, Rays, at Red Sox, at Twins, Astros. This might get worse before it gets better.

If you can afford to stash a healthy guy away for a month, cool. The upside is still pretty high. But if you need an arm you can use now, I’d move on.

3 hours ago, BadHombre said:

Any A's fans with any insight? Never thought I'd ask this, but is this dude a drop?

Since all the waiver wire gems are long gone it might be best to hold him for another week or so. I would probably drop him for a guy like Valdez.

Definitely droppable in shallow leagues. I'd say he's worth holding onto in 14-team and above leagues and of course in any dynasty setting. Just benching him for the foreseeable future. Still a ton of upside, still only 23....just looking like this isn't the year he puts it all together.

I'm gonna be the contrarian here and say you should be holding this guy. Before this last start he had two good starts in a row. Kind of early to just be dumping him, he has the stuff to pitch better than this. Kind of an overreaction in this thread to just outright drop him.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

I'm gonna be the contrarian here and say you should be holding this guy. Before this last start he had two good starts in a row. Kind of early to just be dumping him, he has the stuff to pitch better than this. Kind of an overreaction in this thread to just outright drop him.

I’ll say his last start v Baltimore was not good. Mediocre line and watching, he didn’t look sharp.  I think any decent lineup would have shelled him.  Dude just has lousy command.

• Like 1
Just now, 89Topps said:

I’ll say his last start v Baltimore was not good. Mediocre line and watching, he didn’t look sharp.  I think any decent lineup would have shelled him.  Dude just has lousy command.

Really though, cause the last time he faced the orioles he had a qs and 8 k’s, that plays well in my league. He’s not an ace yet but he’s better than this. Too early to drop in my book and you’re not gonna change my mind

1 minute ago, Picard56 said:

Really though, cause the last time he faced the orioles he had a qs and 8 k’s, that plays well in my league. He’s not an ace yet but he’s better than this. Too early to drop in my book and you’re not gonna change my mind

I’m not trying to convince you to do anything. I’m saying he didn’t look very sharp to me. 9 base runners in 6.2.

Like I said, a decent lineup would’ve eaten him up, IMO.

10 minutes ago, 89Topps said:

I’m not trying to convince you to do anything. I’m saying he didn’t look very sharp to me. 9 base runners in 6.2.

Like I said, a decent lineup would’ve eaten him up, IMO.

He did pretty good against the twins the start before. I did not start him this week cause I had a feeling he wasn’t gonna do so well against the same team a faced a week ago

I dropped him 2 weeks ago. I mean, I DID look back, but my opponent had him this week so I don't feel bad right now. 🤭

I don't know. I expect he'll do better as the season progresses, but will he do well enough that you'll feel he was worth the spot over others on the wire in the end? I have Ynoa now.

2 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

He did pretty good against the twins the start before. I did not start him this week cause I had a feeling he wasn’t gonna do so well against the same team a faced a week ago

He did. Not disputing that. He’s had 1 “good” start in 6 (recognizing the first Balt start is disputable). He’s been a huge disappointment thus far. I’m not dropping, but I’m probably not starting him unless my ratios are decided for the week.  Not sure how much more leash I can give him though.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Picard56 said:

gonna be out for a while. That's similar to framber's injury

I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions. Framber’s injury was a pretty rare one.

16 minutes ago, meh2 said:

I wouldn’t jump to any conclusions. Framber’s injury was a pretty rare one.

I am guessing that we're gonna see a similar timeline, out for a few months. Droppable now at this point.

Athletics placed LHP Jesus Luzardo on the 10-day injured list with a left-hand fracture.

Athletics manager Bob Melvin told reporters it is a hairline fracture that was suffered when the southpaw hit a table while playing a video game before Saturday's start. The team decided it was ok for their ace to pitch in his scheduled start, but x-ray's after the game confirmed the fracture. Luzardo was off to a poor start this season with a 5.79 ERA and 1.61 WHIP over 28 innings with 30 strikeouts.

2 minutes ago, jb_power said:

Athletics placed LHP Jesus Luzardo on the 10-day injured list with a left-hand fracture.

Athletics manager Bob Melvin told reporters it is a hairline fracture that was suffered when the southpaw hit a table while playing a video game before Saturday's start. The team decided it was ok for their ace to pitch in his scheduled start, but x-ray's after the game confirmed the fracture. Luzardo was off to a poor start this season with a 5.79 ERA and 1.61 WHIP over 28 innings with 30 strikeouts.

I thought he might of hit something after his horrible start. Add this to a list of weird injuries.

If ever organist / stadium DJ doesn’t troll Luzardo with one of these songs for the rest of his career then something is seriously wrong.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2