NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If ever organist / stadium DJ doesn’t troll Luzardo with one of these songs for the rest of his career then something is seriously wrong.  

I am not dumping, but I am benching.     

Yeah but if he doesn't figure things out there quickly there will be both Daulton Jefferies and AJ Puk ahead of him in the call-up pecking order.  Jefferies especially.  He almost made the roster out

23 minutes ago, rrrich46 said:

Honestly relieved as a dynasty shareholder.

Yup, the injury made it easier for some of just to drop or stick in the il spot.

• Like 2

So he broke his finger “bumping” it playing a video game?  AKA, he got pissed playing a video game and punched a wall...with his pitching hand.

Good Lord

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
Athletics' Jesus Luzardo: Throws 25 pitches
Luzardo threw 25 pitches across 1.2 scoreless innings in his first rehab outing with Triple-A Las Vegas on Thursday, Melissa Lockard of The Athletic reports.

Luzardo was slated to throw 25 pitches according to Lockard, so the outing kept him on target. However, that likely means he will need at least one more rehab outing before being activated, unless the team opts to bring him back as a reliever -- a possibility that has been mentioned by manager Bob Melvin.

uhhhhh what?!

2 minutes ago, BadHombre said:
Athletics' Jesus Luzardo: Throws 25 pitches
Luzardo threw 25 pitches across 1.2 scoreless innings in his first rehab outing with Triple-A Las Vegas on Thursday, Melissa Lockard of The Athletic reports.

Luzardo was slated to throw 25 pitches according to Lockard, so the outing kept him on target. However, that likely means he will need at least one more rehab outing before being activated, unless the team opts to bring him back as a reliever -- a possibility that has been mentioned by manager Bob Melvin.

uhhhhh what?!

I thought this was already determined, although Melvin said it wouldn’t be a permanent move.

• Like 1

Yeah, their bullpen is overworked and struggling so the idea is instead of Luzardo making 2-3 rehab starts to get stretched out, he joins the A’s and does some longer relief outings.

2 hours ago, Jason123 said:

When will he start again?

Cole Irvin and Kaprelian aren't pitching as well of late, either one could eventually give was to Luzardo. Probably will take a few more bad outings from either, though. Good to see him healthy and effective in last night's outing, he does make an interesting stash if available, because if and when he does return to the rotation, it probably won't be as a 4-inning guy but a full-on starter. They just need to keep him away from the videogames...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Was effective tonight with 3 inn. 6 K 1.00 whip 0 R. 

I definitely noticed. I think if you play in a saves + holds league you should probably pick him up now since you can probably play him as a RP until they put him back in the rotation. I think he has the potential to be a Kopech type out out of the pen. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, mannymachado said:

Not sure what to think about this guy….. 

Good talent but injury prone.  Fantasy ADP too high for injury risk.

• Like 1

Really struggling to hold onto Luzardo... his pedigree is elite but his performance has been very poor. I could see him being a nice post hype sleeper a year or so down the road but I just don't know if he's ready to be a viable fantasy option in 2021

54 minutes ago, metropolitans said:

Really struggling to hold onto Luzardo... his pedigree is elite but his performance has been very poor. I could see him being a nice post hype sleeper a year or so down the road but I just don't know if he's ready to be a viable fantasy option in 2021

Dropped him last night.  He currently, has no command,  And when he's in the zone, it's in a very hittable location.  While he's obviously talented, I just don't see anything resembling consistency.  I'm sure he'll have a few ups, followed by other outings that will destroy your ratios.  In time, maybe.  But, not in 2021.

See everyone is thinking the same, there is no way this doesn't lead to a demotion. They have no room for him in the rotation and no idea/interest in using him effectively as a reliever, so they just need to send him down to stay stretched out and figure things out in case of an injury. 

6 hours ago, Richard Kimble said:

See everyone is thinking the same, there is no way this doesn't lead to a demotion. They have no room for him in the rotation and no idea/interest in using him effectively as a reliever, so they just need to send him down to stay stretched out and figure things out in case of an injury. 

Yeah but if he doesn't figure things out there quickly there will be both Daulton Jefferies and AJ Puk ahead of him in the call-up pecking order.  Jefferies especially.  He almost made the roster out of spring training remember except for tendinitis and has looked real good so far back in the minors with no walks over nearly 20 innings pitched.  I think he would be the first call-up at this point.

Oh I'm holding basically forever in my dynasty leagues with Luzardo but this year looks a complete wash and I totally agree he definitely should be sent down and work on his problems away from the glare and pressures of a currently first place team battling Houston in high pressure games in the majors.

• Like 2

What happened to this guy? He was crap from the get go this year, but at least had a couple decent starts. Now, he can’t even get through a single inning cleanly.

It’s weird, most guys improve their numbers a bit moving to the pen. Luzardo’s gotten worse.

Finally has been sent back down:

Athletics optioned LHP Jesus Luzardo to Triple-A Las Vegas.

Advice: Robert Murray of FanSided was first to report the news and it's now official. Luzardo struggled as a starter before going on the injured list with a hairline fracture in his left hand, an injury he suffered when he pounded on a table while playing a video game. The A's elected to bring him back sooner as a reliever, with the intention of eventually putting him back into the rotation. He's been a mess, though, yielding six home runs and 11 runs over 10 relief innings. Luzardo is immensely talented and figures to rejoin Oakland's rotation at some point later this season, and it wouldn't be a surprise if he has success. He can probably be dropped in redraft leagues, though.

More: Robert Murray on Twitter                 (NBCSportsEDGE.com)

So NOT the original cause BUT a video game compounded the issue.   Do video games collect stats on how many players they help screw up?  Wonder if it was Fortnite again.  That game is the gold standard but are there others coming up behind it to take it's place?  Or will Fortnite shelve more pitchers than use of spider tack this year?