NBC Sports Edge Forums

Le'Veon Bell 2021 Outlook

It's a longshot to draft him in fantasy, I doubt he signs for any team before the season starts, if he signs at all. His best scenario is a team signing him on an incentive heavy contract after their RB room gets depleted from injuries, and that would have to be a contending team with a good OL. With him it's 50/50 he's motivated for a last big paycheck, or he's just trying to milk a couple more millions before wading into retirement.

I like Bell but I think it's the latter.

• Like 1
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

... just for comparison sake - as I pointed out earlier- Gurley needed 321 touches in '16 to hit 1,212 total yards, 6TDs ... Bell, that same year, had 1,884 total yds, on 336 touches. so 15 more

😂

Posted Images

Bell retired three years ago.  He just did not bother to tell anyone about it.

• Haha 3
10 hours ago, PrestigeWW said:

Lynch has no business being lumped in with that group.

He was barely a RB2 and had a ADP of 38.

15 minutes ago, Evincar said:

He was barely a RB2 and had a ADP of 38.

So what’s your argument? My point was that Lynch didn’t squander his talent &/ or has no business being mentioned with those other players.

Do you care to counter that assessment?

15 minutes ago, PrestigeWW said:

So what’s your argument? My point was that Lynch didn’t squander his talent &/ or has no business being mentioned with those other players.

Do you care to counter that assessment?

Where did I say he did? He belongs in the recent group of players that took a year off .only to look like a shell of themselves when they came back.

• Like 1

imo i could see leveon getting a call to go to the falcons if something happened to mike davis or maybe even a steelers reunion if najaee harris had a major injury in training camp. I do not hate the idea of him as a final round pick in bestball although to be fair I currently own none of him.

• Haha 1

Final round pick in a best ball?  Grab a rookie third stringer who might do something with a couple of injuries in front of him.

Bell, no matter what, will not do anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 8:15 PM, SharkSwimmer said:

Final round pick in a best ball?  Grab a rookie third stringer who might do something with a couple of injuries in front of him.

Bell, no matter what, will not do anything.

I got him in a couple of best ball leagues. He may have lost a step, but if you watch the tape from last year he still has plenty in the tank. His main problem right now is he just needs to keep his mouth shut and stay off of social media. Andy Reid is a legend obviously, but he wouldn't be beyond overpromising the opportunity for Bell to play. Calling him out on Twitter however is not a good idea. 

Toxic locker room presence and appears to be running in thick mud he's on the field?  I think we have finally seen the last of this cat.

Clinton Portis also announced the Portis would be continuing his playing career after the WFT let him go; only problem was that none of the 32 NFL teams shared that view.

14 minutes ago, pikerbkb said:

He may have lost a step, but if you watch the tape from last year he still has plenty in the tank. Hi

Yeah, I’m going to have to respectfully disagree with you there. He looked pretty much toast to me. 

Yea I don't see any team signing him. He talked down on one of the more respectable coaches in the league. That's not gonna work out well for him

even in his absolute prime he needed ridic volume to hit lofty heights (406 touches to manufacture 1,946 yds in '17).

never a breakaway threat or a big TD guy - simply a product of being force fed on an offense with 2 HOF caliber cats easing defensive pressure. 

did he compile numbers? sure ... but very over-rated, talent wise. 

good riddance to this shim 😎

• Like 2
2 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

even in his absolute prime he needed ridic volume to hit lofty heights (406 touches to manufacture 1,946 yds in '17).

never a breakaway threat or a big TD guy - simply a product of being force fed on an offense with 2 HOF caliber cats easing defensive pressure. 

Bell was kind of the Anti-Jamaal Charles.  Charles played on terrible Todd Haley Chiefs teams but was so good opponents had trouble stopping him.

Now Bell has put Andy Reid on blast.  Not a good look for a guy who wants to keep playing.

• Thanks 2
58 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

Bell was kind of the Anti-Jamaal Charles.  Charles played on terrible Todd Haley Chiefs teams but was so good opponents had trouble stopping him.

Now Bell has put Andy Reid on blast.  Not a good look for a guy who wants to keep playing.

... just for comparision sake - as i pointed out earlier- Bell needed 406 touches in '17 to hit 1946 total yds, 11 TDs ... Gurley, that same year, had 2093 total yds, on 343 touches, and 19 TDs. 

so, 63 less touches, but 153 more yds, and 8 more TDs. 

Bell was a volume hog. 

case. closed. 

he can now go smoke and "rap" and jet ski and get fat to his heart's content ...

hey, L'ev: DON'T LET IT HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA! 

🤠

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

... just for comparision sake - as i pointed out earlier- Bell needed 406 touches in '17 to hit 1946 total yds, 11 TDs ... Gurley, that same year, had 2093 total yds, on 343 touches, and 19 TDs. 

Bell was a volume hog. 

case. closed. 

... just for comparison sake - as I pointed out earlier- Gurley needed 321 touches in '16 to hit 1,212 total yards, 6TDs ... Bell, that same year, had 1,884 total yds, on 336 touches.

so 15 more touches, but 672 more yards.

Bell was an efficiency monster.

case. closed.

For full transparency:
Gurley has 1,703 career touches, 8,338 career yards.  That's 4.89 yards per touch.
Bell has 1,950 career touches, 9,721 career yards.  That's 4.98 yards per touch.

Edited by FFCollusion
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Bell was a volume hog. 

case. closed. 

he can now go smoke and "rap" and jet ski and get fat to his heart's content ...

hey, L'ev: DON'T LET IT HIT YA WHERE THE GOOD LORD SPLIT YA! 

🤠

That was not actually peak bell. Peak bell was 2014 and 2016.

2014 he had 2200 yards on 370 touches 

2016 he had 1900 yards on 340 touches in 12 games. Averaged 4.9 ypc both seasons. 

CMC had 2400 yards on 404 touches in 2019. 
Gurely had 2090 yards on 343 to hes in 2017

You’re actually comparing one of bells lesser seasons with gurleys best season. When you take his best seasons it’s pretty comparable to the best RB seasons of recency . Besides TDs bell never could have those huge TD seasons like gurely or DJ 

But comparing one of bells lesser seasons to Todd’s best is actually a testament to him. At least he could still take the volume and be productive in year 5 guys like gurely and DJ dropped off faster. Of course by the time he became a jet he was washed up.. not everyone can be eternal like frank gore. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Yes look at that one season and ignore everything else.

From 2014-2016 he averaged 4.8 YPC and 8.8 YPR.

CMC averaged 4.8 YPC and 8.7 YPR in his season a few years ago that won him OROY.

34 minutes ago, Stonej14 said:

That was not actually peak bell. Peak bell was 2014 and 2016.

2014 he had 2200 yards on 370 touches 

2016 he had 1900 yards on 340 touches in 12 games. Averaged 4.9 ypc both seasons. 

CMC had 2400 yards on 404 touches in 2019. 
Gurely had 2090 yards on 343 to hes in 2017

You’re actually comparing one of bells lesser seasons with gurleys best season. When you take his best seasons it’s pretty comparable to the best RB seasons of recency . Besides TDs bell never could have those huge TD seasons like gurely or DJ 

But comparing one of bells lesser seasons to Todd’s best is actually a testament to him. At least he could still take the volume and be productive in year 5 guys like gurely and DJ dropped off faster. Of course by the time he became a jet he was washed up.. not everyone can be eternal like frank gore. 

i cited Bell's best numbers season, the one that was his last in Pittsburgh - the one everyone thought he EARNED the right to be a BISHop from. 

i honestly have zero effs to give otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Yes look at that one season and ignore everything else.

From 2014-2016 he averaged 4.8 YPC and 8.8 YPR.

CMC averaged 4.8 YPC and 8.7 YPR in his season a few years ago that won him OROY.

i'm not here to wash his jock with you, son ... the cat is a knob, and a step above "plodder"  

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bell has always been about Bell.

he played hard to get paid. Once he got his big contract he was never useful again.

i

He stopped caring about football the second the 2017 season ended. This was obvious by everything he did and frankly pictures of his fat a**. The Jets just decided to Jet and still pay him.

The problem is people use this version of Bell to evaluate his entire body of work.

i cited Bell's best numbers season, the one that was his last in Pittsburgh - the one everyone thought he EARNED the right to be a BISHop from. 

i honestly have zero effs to give otherwise. 

Well Bells best season numbers were in 2014 when he had career high rushing yards and receiving yards on less touches than in 2017 (the year you cited). So you didn’t cite his best season. You cited his 3rd best season which just happened to be his last in Pitt. And compared it to Todd gurelys best season and not his 3rd best season. Idc I’m just pointing it out mate 

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Bell has always been about Bell.

he played hard to get paid. Once he got his big contract he was never useful again.

i

Agreed 10000%