NBC Sports Edge Forums

Robert personally, but I'm also a bigger than your average believer. I just dealt Buehler for him straight up in my 14 team league. I feel Gio is fair offer as well, I just prefer the hitter here.

Thanks to all.  I am still probably going Robert for upside.  But Giolito's ADP is round 2 or 3, young, on a team that should win a lot.  Robert had that awful streak last year which in my memory is different from other young studs such as Acuna, Soto, who I don't remember having streaks like Robert had (in a bad way).  Last, OF is very abundant with around 90 starting OFs in the league, much easier to find a gem here than an infield position.  Add that to the fact that I already have two top 5 OF, it makes me more willing to look at Giolito, but if Robert pans out I'd have the best OF in my league for a decade barring serious injury.

I guess i'm the minority, but I'd take Giolito.   He could also potentially take another step.   His floor is very high and that early in the draft,  or spending that much at auction, you dpmt want to take chances.   Robert could easily end up batting pretty low in the order, and a Byron Buxton type contribution seems pretty accurate.   He has rd 1 potential for sure...but giolito is almost there as is.

Giolito easily. I‘m surprised people are talking about Robert. Giolito kava top of the rotation arm on a good team, Roberz is a bottom of the lineup hitter with average issues. It’s true that Robert can become very good, but until then he hurts you in average and has lower counting stats due to his batting spot.

5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Giolito easily. I‘m surprised people are talking about Robert. Giolito kava top of the rotation arm on a good team, Roberz is a bottom of the lineup hitter with average issues. It’s true that Robert can become very good, but until then he hurts you in average and has lower counting stats due to his batting spot.

Hes not going to hit there long, maybe another year.

20 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

Robert personally, but I'm also a bigger than your average believer. I just dealt Buehler for him straight up in my 14 team league. I feel Gio is fair offer as well, I just prefer the hitter here.

Fair deal

Buehler by a tad

15 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Hes not going to hit there long, maybe another year.

Between Moncada, Anderson, Eloy,abreu, madrigal...and eventually Vaughn there is no guarantee that he hits at the top or at the heart of the order.  His likely low .obp could push him down.   Even Adam Eaton mucks things up.   So much has to go right just for him to equal Giolitos current/future value.   Granted,  hitting anywhere in such an elite lineup won't really hurt.

Edited by Cesare13