Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Recommended Posts

Robert personally, but I'm also a bigger than your average believer. I just dealt Buehler for him straight up in my 14 team league. I feel Gio is fair offer as well, I just prefer the hitter here.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all.  I am still probably going Robert for upside.  But Giolito's ADP is round 2 or 3, young, on a team that should win a lot.  Robert had that awful streak last year which in my memory is different from other young studs such as Acuna, Soto, who I don't remember having streaks like Robert had (in a bad way).  Last, OF is very abundant with around 90 starting OFs in the league, much easier to find a gem here than an infield position.  Add that to the fact that I already have two top 5 OF, it makes me more willing to look at Giolito, but if Robert pans out I'd have the best OF in my league for a decade barring serious injury.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess i'm the minority, but I'd take Giolito.   He could also potentially take another step.   His floor is very high and that early in the draft,  or spending that much at auction, you dpmt want to take chances.   Robert could easily end up batting pretty low in the order, and a Byron Buxton type contribution seems pretty accurate.   He has rd 1 potential for sure...but giolito is almost there as is.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Giolito easily. I‘m surprised people are talking about Robert. Giolito kava top of the rotation arm on a good team, Roberz is a bottom of the lineup hitter with average issues. It’s true that Robert can become very good, but until then he hurts you in average and has lower counting stats due to his batting spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

Giolito easily. I‘m surprised people are talking about Robert. Giolito kava top of the rotation arm on a good team, Roberz is a bottom of the lineup hitter with average issues. It’s true that Robert can become very good, but until then he hurts you in average and has lower counting stats due to his batting spot.

Hes not going to hit there long, maybe another year.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, fatbob166 said:

Robert personally, but I'm also a bigger than your average believer. I just dealt Buehler for him straight up in my 14 team league. I feel Gio is fair offer as well, I just prefer the hitter here.

Fair deal

Buehler by a tad

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

Hes not going to hit there long, maybe another year.

 

Between Moncada, Anderson, Eloy,abreu, madrigal...and eventually Vaughn there is no guarantee that he hits at the top or at the heart of the order.  His likely low .obp could push him down.   Even Adam Eaton mucks things up.   So much has to go right just for him to equal Giolitos current/future value.   Granted,  hitting anywhere in such an elite lineup won't really hurt.

Edited by Cesare13
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...