NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should designate Buxton as day to day when he is healthy.

Career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262 MONSTEROUS I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONTER in is games missed. 

I see he's in mid-season form already!  

Posted Images

He's the new Desmond Jennings, same career.

In last year's short season he had 1.5% BB to 26.7% K... He had a 51.2% O-Swing!!! 17.4% Swinging strikes! To think this was a 70+ hit tool prospect at one point is hilarious.

The spray chart from last year is comical to, pull it up on baseball savant, if you drew a line from home up three 2B and split the field in half only 2 hits to the right side, one qualifies asup the middle third of the field, a single, and another single to RF, that's it.

He literally just swing at whatever the pitcher threw, closed his eyes and ripped to pull it... Everyone was playing baseball and he's out there playing beer league softball.

• Like 1
20 hours ago, colorado2013 said:

Because the first year you move on, he stays healthy and plays to that potential, and all you can do is scream and curse into your pillow.

tenor.gif

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, kwelch said:

I see he's in mid-season form already!

Honestly this little thing might create some short term value over the next few days for anyone drafting this weekend. Obviously its a non-story but it could be the last straw type situation that scares the one guy in your league that was about to overpay for him.

Edited by Sidearmer
  • 3 weeks later...

Can this be the year, finally?!?  Sure hope he’ll be more cautious about running into walls and such.  

I ended up with BB in a few leagues — the combo meal is a nice confidence boost.  

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Saw a lot of projected line ups slotting him 9th this year. I saw him hitting 7th, hopefully 6th. 

Hitting 3rd last two games. 

Yes, please.

This is with Cruz sitting because of no DH at MIL. Would assume this changes when back in the AL.

41 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Saw a lot of projected line ups slotting him 9th this year. I saw him hitting 7th, hopefully 6th. 

Hitting 3rd last two games. 

Yes, please.

I like the lineup spot, as well as his power/speed combo.  I just don't trust him to stay healthy.   I'm thinking now might be a good time to sell high?

he either breakout and stays healthy giving us top 25 or better #'s or he is what he has always been streaky and get inj. doesnt hurt to shop him but owners arent buying at his ceiling now.

22 minutes ago, this guy right here said:

Why you should sell or why anyone would buy?

Both.

I mean, Buxton's potential was kind of baked into his ADP. He was cheap, but he wasn't that cheap. If you got him in the last round of your draft or off of waivers then, yea, I'd say it's possible his last two games have opened some eyes and perhaps some managers in your league would put in an offer.  I just don't see the potential gain here.

Separately, I don't see the logic in a Buxton owner unloading his shares this early. If anyone is going to be a Buxton believer, it's the person who drafted him.

• Like 1

The two home runs he hit were no doubters, yet went to center field and were not pulled.  He supposedly put 25 lbs of muscle on during the off season. 

Maybe the added strength and maturity will finally allow him to become the player he was projected to be (and also avoiding outfield walls). I'm hopeful.  The Twins faced two tough pitchers in the first two games. So maybe it will be different this year.