NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see he's in mid-season form already!  

They should designate Buxton as day to day when he is healthy.

Career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262 MONSTEROUS I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONTER in is games missed. 

Posted Images

Just now, Jub Jub said:

Out of today’s lineup, hope he can return for the weekend

Depending on how much they use their bullpen today, I wouldn't be surprised to see them IL him for a pitcher.  They currently are listing tomorrow's starting pitcher as TBD. If they use up their pen today, I expect that move. He could be back dated to Sunday or Monday, so he'd only would miss 6 or 7 days.

17 hours ago, billofwash said:

He's Fine means he won't miss a full 10 days so they won't IR him but he will still miss the rest of this week. See you Monday Byron.

Byron Buxton was held out of Monday's lineup against the Indians with patella tendinitis.

Buxton has been dealing with it throughout the year and has managed to play through it, but it felt a little worse than normal upon waking up on Monday. The Twins are optimistic it's nothing serious, so consider him day-to-day for now.

Apr 26, 2021, 2:59 PM ET

ummmm what? Do they know who we’re talking about here??? Any physical ailment with BB is serious. Over under set at 4 days out of the lineup before going on the IL.
  • Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Byron Buxton was held out of Monday's lineup against the Indians with patella tendinitis.

Buxton has been dealing with it throughout the year and has managed to play through it, but it felt a little worse than normal upon waking up on Monday. The Twins are optimistic it's nothing serious, so consider him day-to-day for now.

Apr 26, 2021, 2:59 PM ET

ummmm what? Do they know who we’re talking about here??? Any physical ailment with BB is serious. Over under set at 4 days out of the lineup before going on the IL.

He's fine. 

The MLB is reaaallly using the NBA's model of resting their stars.

36 minutes ago, South Jersey Bombers said:

He's fine. 

The MLB is reaaallly using the NBA's model of resting their stars.

Every f-ing week it is something with this guy.  I wonder how many fantasy baseball managers he has driven to quit.  Because I am on the verge.

On 3/9/2021 at 10:12 PM, jb_power said:

I've traded for and away numerous times.  I just traded him away again last week ... I'll probably trade for him again in 1 of my leagues.

Such a high ceiling and the lowest of floors (injuries)

I’m starting to think this is the way to deal with Buxton. Sell when hot, buy when hurt. Cash in on the emotional swings of his owners rather than go through them yourself.

Buxton is on my draft board.  I make the assumption he will play 100 games and assign value based on that.

2 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Does this guy still steal bases? 

Dude is one of the fastest players in the league .. he should be able to swipe 30 in his sleep.

Lol you're joking I hope.  He's got more XBH than singles.  I think his OPS at some point during last week was 1.700 and it's over 1.200.  They'll come...or they never will because he never hits it on the wrong side of the fence ROS (which we'd gladly trade in for the SBs).

• Like 1
4 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Does this guy still steal bases? 

Dude is one of the fastest players in the league .. he should be able to swipe 30 in his sleep.

Probably trying to avoid injury. His knee has been bothering him. 

Instead of the 20-40 everyone hoped and prayed for but never thought they would get will you take 35-15? I will.

• Like 3