NBC Sports Edge Forums

On 4/28/2021 at 9:27 PM, BMcP said:

All he’s saying is that Buxton is frequently injured.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should designate Buxton as day to day when he is healthy.

Career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262 MONSTEROUS I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONTER in is games missed. 

I see he's in mid-season form already!  

Posted Images

It reminds me of that frequently played commercial on the MLB Network where he’s interviewing Floyd on what the proper amount of bling to wear in a game is.

Maybe he just hasn’t found the right bling balance?

Posted (edited)

Buxton is a stud...thank you all for overreacting to injuries and allowing me to keep drafting this 5 cat monster somewhere in the low to mid teens. I simply enjoy world beating stats at elite rates while he does play. Then I put some hot replacement OF when Buxton breaks a finger nail. Profit. EZPZ.

Edited by EmbargoLifted
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Buxton is a stud...thank you all for overreacting to injuries and allowing me to keep drafting this 5 cat monster somewhere in the low to mid teens. I simply enjoy world beating stats at elite rates while he does play. Then I put some hot replacement OF when Buxton breaks a finger nail. Profit. EZPZ.

I want to live in the world where Byron Buxton is a guarantee to put up world-beating stats whenever he has played baseball...

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, EmbargoLifted said:

Career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262

MONSTEROUS

I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONTER in is games missed. 

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
On 4/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, Rotofan24 said:

What's that the best fantasy managers say? Oh, yeah. Past performance is not an indicator of future success.

When he gets injured you can come in and gloat. Until then, go fly a kite. 

9 days later

• Haha 6
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, this guy right here said:

Career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262

MONSTEROUS

I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONTER in is games missed. 

he did specify "when he plays" and he is correct.

32 bombs, 21 sb, 90 rbi, 86 runs last 150 games

Edited by colepenhagen
  • Like 2
Posted (edited)

I agreed with "when he plays."

10 hours ago, this guy right here said:

I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONSTER in is games missed. 

4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

The thing is, I don't know any leagues that stats carry over from year to year. 

His last 150 games is over 3 seasons.

With the exception of THIS YEAR (see above) he wasn't that great and missed almost half the games.

In 6 years he's played in over 92 games ONCE.                                                                                 

His career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262. Would not equate to a monstrous fantasy season IF it was one season alone.                                     

Excluding his rookie year he's played 54.5% of his possible games and is on pace to miss 20%  this season.

So, I'm correct.

Edited by this guy right here
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

and only 5 years to do it.

• Haha 5

I love everything about him his potential was through the roof. After that 2017 season I was all in, for two straight years ‘18-20 , I will not count last year ... Every year after the draft I said this is the year... then 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

I love everything about him his potential was through the roof. After that 2017 season I was all in, for two straight years ‘18-20 , I will not count last year ... Every year after the draft I said this is the year... then 

shake =  Bruce Willis

Buxton= Samuel L

Mr Glass GIFs | Tenor

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

People seemingly have forgotten where they drafted this guy, as he was still a post-hype player with major injury questions which is why he went after pick 100 in many leagues, and rather cheap in auction leagues where OF is deep. Because of what he's shown already and the potential for enormous profit, I'm sure many of his managers weren't trying to sell him actively.

As long as he has these nagging injuries-and he has a sore knee and just got over a hammy on top of this hip strain-he'll have his doubters. A DL stint might be best for him to rest, but it sinks his trade value for the foreseeable future. Nothing to do 'cept hang on and hope he's raking when he comes back. This is better than playing through all these injuries and risking a serious one. 

5 minutes ago, Richard Kimble said:

This is better than playing through all these injuries and risking a serious one. 

This IS a serious one.

Buxton has a grade 2 hip flexor strain. Luis Robert has a grade 3 and is possibly out for the season. Baldelli said it's a matter of weeks, not days. Also just watched a video from something called Fantasy Doctors that estimated a 6-week recovery time for a grade 2.

Cross your fingers and hope for July at this point.

I pencil him for 100 games every year put him on my draft board accordingly.  

1 minute ago, B&F said:

I pencil him for 100 games every year put him on my draft board accordingly.  

I was going to make this my last year of playing fantasy baseball but I might return next year just to have the satisfaction of passing up Buxton.

• Like 1