NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Career highs: R/ 69 - HR/ 16 - RBI/ 51 - SB/ 29 - AVG/ .262 MONSTEROUS I'm enjoying his production when he plays this year but the only category he is a MONTER in is games missed. 

They should designate Buxton as day to day when he is healthy.

I see he's in mid-season form already!  

Posted Images

2 hours ago, billofwash said:

At this point I don't think anyone is concerned about Buxton period.

I agree he is not worth drafting really. plenty of good outfielders out there around his adp that don't get hurt every yr.

3 hours ago, billofwash said:

The first Buxton owner who looks for updates on his return should be banned from this forum.

After asb is about when i figire he could be playing again.

On 4/28/2021 at 8:02 PM, Rotofan24 said:

What's that the best fantasy managers say? Oh, yeah. Past performance is not an indicator of future success.

When he gets injured you can come in and gloat. Until then, go fly a kite. 

You were saying 

• Like 4
On 5/8/2021 at 1:58 AM, evillaw4eva said:

You were saying 

No, no, no. You're doing it wrong. Wait until he falls out of the top 10 players for the season before you gloat. 😂

Posted (edited)

Looks like he hurt himself trying to rob a homerun.  He came down awkwardly on the leap.

I fully expect him to run through the wall at some point.  Or maybe a rally puma will maul him while he tracks a fly ball.

Edited by Overlord
11 hours ago, cs3 said:

C'mon everyone, his is a just guy who really really loves having Memorial Day weekend off every year!

I have no problem with that. It's the weeks that he misses leading up to Memorial Day.

• 2 weeks later...

Thu, May 20

Byron Buxton (hip) is still limited to "light" rehab activities, per Twins manager Rocco Baldelli.

Advice: "He’s started to move around," Baldelli told reporters on Thursday.

... He's started to move around. Oh my god

4 hours ago, Gumbo_Ghost said:

Thu, May 20

Byron Buxton (hip) is still limited to "light" rehab activities, per Twins manager Rocco Baldelli.

Advice: "He’s started to move around," Baldelli told reporters on Thursday.

... He's started to move around. Oh my god

Sounds like he is risking another injury.

Posted (edited)

Seems to be healing faster than the original timeline?!  I never knew that was possible with him. 

Edit:  This was a response he had to a user replying to his tweet:

Edited by Wytchclt55
More relevant information added
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, colepenhagen said:

two more weeks puts him at a month. ill take that. just hope he remembers how to hit when hes back

This guy has been murdering the baseball and putting up some of the best 5-cat stats per AB in the league going back to 2019.

If he comes back in 2 weeks he has the skills & time to finish somewhere in the top 15-25 overall with a 30/20 season

3 hours ago, EmbargoLifted said:

This guy has been murdering the baseball and putting up some of the best 5-cat stats per AB in the league going back to 2019.

If he comes back in 2 weeks he has the skills & time to finish somewhere in the top 15-25 overall with a 30/20 season

Except he won't stay healthy more then 2-3 weeks worth of games then he be hurt again. The Only 30/20 he ever does is Out 30 games hurt then play 20 games then hurt again.

1 hour ago, mks said:

Except he won't stay healthy more then 2-3 weeks worth of games then he be hurt again. The Only 30/20 he ever does is Out 30 games hurt then play 20 games then hurt again.

Buxton 450 ABs plus 200 replacement player ABs is still a massive value based on where he was drafted.