NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keeper turning Dynasty- Who are my 8 for 2021? WHIR

This is a 10 team h2h, OBP, QS 5x5 league. We are keeping 8 for 2021 in our last draft to making the league a dynasty.

Really not sure the direction to go down (i.e. do you keep Darvish to continue making a run at it, or develop the Luzardo's/Kelenic's of the world)? 

I do have the 2nd pick in the draft- and that is a driving force to my decision. Players available with that pick are going to be one of my rejects here, Arozarena, Corbin Burnes, Brandon Lowe, Kris Bryant, etc

Who from this 8 would you keep?

BATS:

Freeman

Hiura (not surefire in dynasty with losing 2B next year)

Lindor

Harper

Grisham (could be the quietest 25-25 player out there- but hitting 9th vs lefties gives me pause)

Jared Kelenic (do I keep and stash a potential top 20-30 player)?

PITCHERS: 

Snell 

Darvish

Glasnow

Luzardo 

2 hours ago, cad300 said:

This is a 10 team h2h, OBP, QS 5x5 league. We are keeping 8 for 2021 in our last draft to making the league a dynasty.

Really not sure the direction to go down (i.e. do you keep Darvish to continue making a run at it, or develop the Luzardo's/Kelenic's of the world)? 

I do have the 2nd pick in the draft- and that is a driving force to my decision. Players available with that pick are going to be one of my rejects here, Arozarena, Corbin Burnes, Brandon Lowe, Kris Bryant, etc

Who from this 8 would you keep?

BATS:

Freeman

Lindor

Harper

Jared Kelenic (do I keep and stash a potential top 20-30 player)?

PITCHERS: 

Snell 

Darvish

Glasnow

Luzardo 

4 hours ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

Glasnow and Grisham are the odd men out

I would keep glasnow over hiura

Then draft arozarena or burnes

Freeman, Hiura , Lindor, Harper, Grisham , Kelenic go with those 6 and then move some players from the very bottom list for 2 offensive players for you're last keeper picks. Then when you're done with that, move the rest of those very bottom list players and get more offense. That's what wins championships. 

How's your league on trades? If you are able to trade a lot and there are some win clear win now teams, I'd keep Darvish, but trade him within the first month or so while his stock is highest. If there's not a lot of trade action, drop Darvish. I know he's good and has a great situation, but it can't last. He is just too old. Hiura or Luzardo would be my second drop depending on roster slots.

Piling on the "draft Arozarena" angle. Grisham is a bit of a conundrum. It would probably for me come down to letting go of Luzardo with one of those two, I would lean harder to losing Grisham but those projections sure are fond of him in 2021.

• 2 weeks later...

Hiura is out for me for sure.  Pains me to say as a Brewers fan, but the strikeouts and ability to make contact are starting to get worrisome.  Plus he most likely wont get enough games at 2B anymore with his abysmal defense.  1B/DH is his future, so he better hit.  The second one for me is either keeping Glasnow or Darvish.  Since it is turning into a true dynasty league, I lean towards Glasnow.  Younger and just as much upside.  Darvish is the more "win now" SP, so I could see going that route instead.  But it wasnt too long ago that everyone hated Darvish and wanted nothing to do with him, and now he is top 5-10?  Whatever, plus he is 34.  If it was my team, I put back Hiura and Darvish.