NBC Sports Edge Forums

20 team dynasty.

My current IF is Lemahieu, Torres, Polanco (and Profar in OF). I need OF and Pitching.

Current OF: Blackmon, KLewis, Hays, Profar, Shogo.(no minors of note)

P: Wheeler, Kluber, JMont, Wacha, Webb (Garcia, Alzolay, Puk in minors)

I just joined this league and they just changed up scoring categories, so I have no idea how it plays. Other players of note...Freeman, Darnaud, Suarez, Dozier). 

Other team just proposed Jeter Downs, Teoscar, Plesac for Wander. This meets my needs (2B to replace Lemahieu if I want to trade him in a year or so, OF with ABs to offset Profar/Shogo not starting, and SP) however I want to decline because they are all low floor. I don't trust Teoscar/Plesac. 

He's also got Grisham and Burnes. I feel like I need to make this Wander for Grisham/Burnes/Downs to even consider it, and even then I'm not thrilled. 

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

DEAR GOD...he is trying to bend you over here

That's what I figured, just needed a sanity check. He's got a lot of average talent, with Lindor, Eloy, Berrios. I don't see anything happening here even with a counter offer. 

Any suggestions on where to break down to get OF and SP? 

Ask for eloy burnes

As to the offer, if he upgrades downs. It's fair

Burnes Grisham are good players

Not saying I would do it, but it's a starting point

1 hour ago, UberRebel said:

Lololol no

in a 20 team league you don’t give up Wander for anything less than a star player or two

With so many teams, good quantity does matter

You can get 3 good players, and be in good shape

• Like 1

Ew no. Do not give up Wander in a dynasty unless you're getting like a top-20 dynasty player back and, for the love of god, get competing offers from other teams. This guy isn't the only one interested in the top overall prospect.

Edited by Hanghow
On 2/28/2021 at 1:29 PM, charger_ss24 said:

Hope he kisses you afterwards.🙄

Dynasty league, Wander will be a player you build around.

No unproven prospect is someone you build around. That’s gambling and not something wise to do.

• Like 1

LOL. No...He's trying to trade r*** you. To those saying it's a solid offer, uh no.

Those are the "here's my scraps for your best player" types of offers. You're just joining this league and looking for someone to build around. It's Wander. If not Wander, than you get a haul with other(s) to build around. No one is going to build a roster around Plesac, Teoscar and Downs. Those are all replacement level players IMO.

Easy decline.

17 minutes ago, ThreadKiller said:

LOL. No...He's trying to trade r*** you. To those saying it's a solid offer, uh no.

Those are the "here's my scraps for your best player" types of offers. You're just joining this league and looking for someone to build around. It's Wander. If not Wander, than you get a haul with other(s) to build around. No one is going to build a roster around Plesac, Teoscar and Downs. Those are all replacement level players IMO.

Easy decline.

In a 20 team league, those aren't replacement players, lol 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, HOOTIE said:

In a 20 team league, those aren't replacement players, lol 

lol lemme guess... you’re the guy that offered him that pile of garbage for Wander

• Haha 1

Ah no

In a 20 team league, if you fail to see value in teoscar and plesac, I cant help you 

I didn't endorse deal, just pointing out players value isnt nothing