NBC Sports Edge Forums

22 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah, I might torpedo my whole draft, but I'm going to overspend on PItts big time. (this is not my usual sarcasm, I'm actually going to go all in on Pitts). 

After doing a lil more digging some have him ranked as a top 4 TE already. What round would you be willing to go "All in" for Pitts? Fant/Hockenson both were touted as game changers and had not so spectacular rookie seasons. Are you drafting Pitts ahead of Fant/Hockenson this yr?

Edited by NInsko
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The other team

Delete this thread and start over now that Tebow is in the mix.

Draft Gerrid Doakes as an end of bench stash for team name Surprise Mother Firkser

10 hours ago, NInsko said:

After doing a lil more digging some have him ranked as a top 4 TE already. What round would you be willing to go "All in" for Pitts? Fant/Hockenson both were touted as game changers and had not so spectacular rookie seasons. Are you drafting Pitts ahead of Fant/Hockenson this yr?

In redraft if I'm seeing him around TE12, I'll throw a dart, but that's never going to happen. In rookie drafts I wouldn't mind him in the second round, and that's equally never going to happen.

I expect him to go around TE6 in redraft and #6 overall in rookie drafts - and earlier wouldn't surprise me either. Sorry, but I don't see a lot of profit there.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

Hard to buy in to Pitts as an instant top-4 or so TE as a rookie. He will probably be overdrafted based on NFL draft hype, but I don't think that's going to necessarily translate to fantasy production right off the bat. Love him in dynasty though. 4.4 wheels at 6'6/240 is crazy athleticism/measurables.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, NInsko said:

I'd draft him ahead of everyone except the big 3, because I think he could be a Marques Colston type - basically a wide receiver with TE eligibility.

A team is most likely going to draft him in the top 10 and need/want instant return on his incredible receiving ability rather than limiting based on what he can or can't do as a traditional tight end.

Colston went 70/1000/8 as a rookie. I think Pitts could do that as well on top of having better red-zone ability than Colston. I think his rookie potential should be viewed closer to Colston, Julio, AJ Green, Mike Evans than to your average rookie TE. 

Some of this will depend on where he ends up, but I'll likely be willing to throw that dart early for the upside. If you bust you bust, but then you're just playing the TE shuffle like everybody else.  But if he hits and you get a Colston-esque rookie year you're looking at a potential league winner. 

Round-wise you can make a 6/7th round pick work if you play it right. That's where I think you'll probably need to draft him especially if the assumed "coaches say Pitts is uncoverable at practice" stories start coming out. 

Edited by P@ckersFan
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Colston went 70/1000/8 as a rookie. I think Pitts could do that as well. I think his rookie potential should be viewed closer to Colston, Julio, AJ Green, Mike Evans than to your average rookie TE. 

I get that, but that is absolute best case scenario. I think 50/500/4 would still be a good season for a rookie.

6 minutes ago, P@ckersFan said:

Round-wise you can make a 6/7th round pick work if you play it right. That's where I think you'll probably need to draft him especially if the assumed "coaches say Pitts is uncoverable at practice" stories start coming out. 

That sounds reasonable (still considerably earlier than where I'd draft him but at least that makes sense), but I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by the 5th round. Are you willing to draft him that early?

4 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I get that, but that is absolute best case scenario. I think 50/500/4 would still be a good season for a rookie.

That sounds reasonable (still considerably earlier than where I'd draft him but at least that makes sense), but I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone by the 5th round. Are you willing to draft him that early?

In a 12-teamer I probably am (Gulp), but I admittedly love flashy upside for better or worse

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Curious about some bottom-scraping options:

1. Is Mo-Allie Cox on his way to becoming a receiving threat? Or is he just a pass eligible tackle?

2. By that same token, is he and/or Jack Doyle going to benefit from Wentz’s arrival as well as Burton’s departure?

3. What about Dalton Schultz? Does he hang onto his job? Or is Jarwin really that much better, especially off of injury?

4. What about Cincy? Does Uzomah reclaim his job or does Drew “Don’t Call Me Stool” Sample get the snaps and targets?

I know none of this matters to many, but to TE premium leagues w deep rosters? The digging never stops for this position.

12 hours ago, Proteus said:

1. Is Mo-Allie Cox on his way to becoming a receiving threat? Or is he just a pass eligible tackle?

2. By that same token, is he and/or Jack Doyle going to benefit from Wentz’s arrival as well as Burton’s departure?

3. What about Dalton Schultz? Does he hang onto his job? Or is Jarwin really that much better, especially off of injury?

4. What about Cincy? Does Uzomah reclaim his job or does Drew “Don’t Call Me Stool” Sample get the snaps and targets?

I know none of this matters to many, but to TE premium leagues w deep rosters? The digging never stops for this position.

On the Colts, I think they cancel each other out as long as both are playing, but an injury there could open up a decent starter

It's hard to deny Schultz's season, I think the only reason Jarwin gets a shake next year is bc they signed him to kind of an overpriced deal.   Another cancel unless injury situation I think

Cincy- nope.   Three receivers all capable of heavy target shares, and still a maybe offensive line there- I don't see too many TE targets. 

Who else has a bottom scraper?  Maybe Ian Thomas with a new QB?   I dunno if these guys are deep into Death Valley enough to fit this, but Trautman and Firkser are two guys I like with very few pass catchers around em.  

• Thanks 1
12 hours ago, Proteus said:

The only situation from above I am investing in is DAL, and that is Jarwin--as long as he has had a good rehab. He would have posted huge numbers last year. He will be their every down TE again...definite top 10 ceiling at a cheap sticker price.

• Thanks 1
On 4/5/2021 at 5:35 PM, P@ckersFan said:

Yeah, I might torpedo my whole draft, but I'm going to overspend on PItts big time. (this is not my usual sarcasm, I'm actually going to go all in on Pitts). 

Enjoy the vent and rant thread I guess 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, NInsko said:

Rnd 15. Gerald Everett. You're welcome!! 

I think you mean Tim Tebow. Where else will you find a TE throwing TD's?

1 hour ago, devaster said:

I think you mean Tim Tebow. Where else will you find a TE throwing TD's?

Watch all of the other Jax QBs get injured, Tebow start as QB, and the forums melt down due to his TE eligibility.

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, NInsko said:

Rnd 15. Gerald Everett. You're welcome!! 

Somewhere behind Everett on the Rams is Jacob Harris, UCF. He needs to learn a lot and he looks positively skinny by TE standards (he was drafted as WR), but somewhere in 2022 or 2023 this kid could surprise people. 

Not much use for 2021, but if in future years he ever breaks out, then I won't shut up about it.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Somewhere behind Everett on the Rams is Jacob Harris, UCF. He needs to learn a lot and he looks positively skinny by TE standards (he was drafted as WR), but somewhere in 2022 or 2023 this kid could surprise people. 

Not much use for 2021, but if in future years he ever breaks out, then I won't shut up about it.

Everett is on the Seahawks now!

But Jacob Harris is very intriguing, I guess he was a soccer player, and has only been playing (American) football for a few years. Will probably start as a special teamer but there really isn't much in the way of competition behind Higbee so Harris could find himself some snaps sooner or later if he's a quick learner.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, The G Man said:

Just remember y'all...

you can't spell Tebow without "TE".

Just sayin'.

Can’t spell it without “EW” either

• Haha 1

dump on the guy all you want, but if he makes the roster even in a gimmick role a 4-6 touchdown scenario isn't too far out of the equation. really only has value in standard leagues as yards would seemingly be much harder to come by. doubt anyone drafts Tebow as their starting TE, but could make for an intriguing bye week filler.

3 hours ago, smeeze said:

Can’t spell it without “EW” either

There's a place reserved for people like you and it rhymes with bell.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A few come to mind for me for the non-top 10 guys. Maybe a few of these guys have started to sneak up, I'm sure a few will by August:

1. Irv Smith - Guy jumps off the screen when I watch him, supremely talented with draft capital to back it up. Will be the 3rd pass catcher. He's my best bet for a guy drafted outside the top 10 to finish in the top 5

2. Adam Trautman - Was an athletic stud coming out IIRC, no more Cook, Jameis fed Howard/Brate, very limited weapons outside of MT & Kamara, Vannett as other TE is a blocker

3. Anthony Firkser - Probably worst WR core in the league for WR 2-5 (worded poorly, but I mean that if you disregarded a team's WR1, their next options are the worst in football IMO). Played well last year when Jonnu was out, and even pretty well with him there

4. Cole Kmet - Draft capital, came on towards the end of last year, no more Graham 

I'm all in on Irv.

• Like 1